wat happened? more fare confusion???

"Will train fares go up as a result of the changes?

Mrs Lim's answer is 'no', as fares are independently regulated by the Public Transport Council. "

:think::think:

The results of increase in travelling fares are not the direct cause due to the changes.

The results of increase in travelling fares are due to:

1) Pay the person who come out of this idea
2) Pay the technican who have to design the 'super computer'
3) Pay the installation of the 'super computer'
4) Pay for the annual servicing of the 'super computer'
5) Pay the person who have to calculate the fare
6) pay the person who have to monitor the new system

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

The results of increase in travelling fares are not the direct cause due to the changes.

The results of increase in travelling fares are due to:

1) Pay the person who come out of this idea
2) Pay the technican who have to design the 'super computer'
3) Pay the installation of the 'super computer'
4) Pay for the annual servicing of the 'super computer'
5) Pay the person who have to calculate the fare
6) pay the person who have to monitor the new system

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

You forgotten about the system that does the refund.

7) Pay the person who come out of this refund idea
8) Pay the technican who have to design the 'super refund computer'
9) Pay the installation of the 'super refund computer'
10) Pay for the annual servicing of the 'super refund computer'
11) Pay the person who have to calculate the refund fare
12) pay the person who have to monitor the new refund system
13) pay the 2 ladies behind the counter at BV

Raymond Lim said they will lose 88 mil a year. Time to sell those shares. haa haa

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20100817-232398.html

Wonder how they calculate that they lose 88mil a yr?

If they really lose that much will they dare to open up for tender 15yrs time down the road lets say they dare so who would want to tender for a losing biz???

What if all lines are under different operator will there be even more confussion??? or will it concussion by the time comes?

My friend he decided to change to riding motor bike instead of public transport according to him it is much cheaper as all his trip increase!

:think: Maybe it is time to consider other transportation or maybe we can consider riding a bicycle as it is a good form of exercise also!

maths 101:

they targeted to make 200mil profit a yr.
but then they make 112mil only.
so they tell us they loss 88mil . LOL. haha.

see my point? they still earn right??

If they really lose that much will they dare to open up for tender 15yrs time down the road lets say they dare so who would want to tender for a losing biz???

What if all lines are under different operator will there be even more confussion??? or will it concussion by the time comes?

My friend he decided to change to riding motor bike instead of public transport according to him it is much cheaper as all his trip increase!

:think: Maybe it is time to consider other transportation or maybe we can consider riding a bicycle as it is a good form of exercise also!
Read carefully, they mention 88 mill less revenue..........they still make profits lah!

HS

maths 101:

they targeted to make 200mil profit a yr.
but then they make 112mil only.
so they tell us they loss 88mil . LOL. haha.

see my point? they still earn right??

Read carefully, they mention 88 mill less revenue..........they still make profits lah!

HS

:bigeyes: Win liao lor earn less also = to lost! then who is earning?:think:

One thing I also don't understand... why should it be considered a new trip when u take the same bus service twice? If I just need to go to AMK Central to buy some groceries and be done in 30min, I have 15min of transfer time to walk around, then take the same bus back home. But it will be a new trip. To pay less, I take another bus for 1 bus stop, then take back my original bus again. What's the point of all this?!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
If everyone in this country buy SMRT shares, the more we travel, the more we pay, the more we earn from their shares........

In the end your shares earnings will pay all your travels! Travel for free! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

And no more whining here.....Clubsnap servers will work faster, people more happy, and SMRT got money to bring in more trains and buses

Last edited:
One thing I also don't understand... why should it be considered a new trip when u take the same bus service twice? If I just need to go to AMK Central to buy some groceries and be done in 30min, I have 15min of transfer time to walk around, then take the same bus back home. But it will be a new trip. To pay less, I take another bus for 1 bus stop, then take back my original bus again. What's the point of all this?!

wah good question, i never tried.... the system probably not smart enough to cater to this.... maybe thats how the system can over charge so many ppl...:bsmilie:

people seems to forget something, your one journey start from home to AMK Central, and the other journey from AMK Central to your home, just like you travel to work in the morning and back in the evening.

since there are many buses around, you can utilize the transfer rules to go quick shopping and transfer other buses to get home and save some $.

News was out that 300,000 was overcharged since July. To ask for refund would need a super memory.

News was out that 300,000 was overcharged since July. To ask for refund would need a super memory.

I believe you need to travel to the designated place for refund, that's another transport cost incurred....
It always a win situation for the transport company! :thumbsup:

july, august, september, october --> 4 months = S$300k?

then how? they gonna offset my future rides?

no wonder sometimes it costs more to travel the same distance!

I believe you need to travel to the designated place for refund, that's another transport cost incurred....
It always a win situation for the transport company! :thumbsup:

That is if you remember what bus route you took since July. I'm sure they will ask you to proof it too. Wonder how the elderly gonna do their refunds?

actually i'm still confused with the fares.

not that i care anymore.

i sian 1/1 liao. complain oso tio rebutt. ppl write to forum kena a long list of explanations.

now they come out n say overcharge la blahblahblah...

i oso LLST, 'oh, charge more ah, ok lo.'

One good thing (if you can even said it is so) about this saga is that they openly "admitted" the error.

This is pobably the time when someone come out and declare:
1. This only happen every 50 years.
2. It's an honest mistake. Let's move on.

Where is the accountability?