Warning: Canon EOS 40D coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
40D will come ? It will hurt Canon IF there is no significant features such D200 offers.
Juzz selling my 30D due to backfocus issue..

zuikoku said:
40D will come ? It will hurt Canon IF there is no significant features such D200 offers.
Juzz selling my 30D due to backfocus issue..
Huh? U selling 30D just because of backfocus problem? :dunno: Never thought of sending it to Canon Service Center to repair? Should be still under warranty what. (unless u bought 2nd hand)

Garion said:
Huh? U selling 30D just because of backfocus problem? :dunno: Never thought of sending it to Canon Service Center to repair? Should be still under warranty what. (unless u bought 2nd hand)

Juzz repaired and works well.. Awaiting new model with better features & better price (of course! )

Lets start predicting the price of the 40D...

30D was marketed at RP $2669 when 20D was going at $2969 early this year...

Hmm chances are 40D will be going for $2669 as well for kit. Must wait a little while till November (assuming it does come out on Sept 26th) for prices to drop for body only to $2300 or so...

zuikoku said:
Juzz repaired and works well.. Awaiting new model with better features & better price (of course! )

that was fast! backfocus fixed in less that 25mins :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Canon will not be dumb enough to shoot itself in the foot 6 months after releasing the 30D. think!

the 40D will come. it's just a matter of when.
and i personally think it will be 35D instead.

you're never going to be able to keep up with technology.

worry about shooting. =)

kentay said:
you're never going to be able to keep up with technology.

worry about shooting. =)

I discover new things abt my 350D everytime i use it. To me, its like a new experience with a new camera each time i shoot
a) The first time i shoot sunset
b) The first time i shoot sunrise
c) The first time i shoot in the rain
d) The first time i shoot in the zoo
e) The first time i shoot till battery died
f) The first time i discovered mirror lockup function
g) The first time i gaffered my camera
h) The first time i found a speck of dust, cleaned it (with $21 in front of me of cos)
h) The first time i shoot fireworks
i) The first time i shoot events
j) The first time i shoot a chiobu....
And many many more first times......you just have a find a new use or new style of shooting in a new environment, this way, you'll not worry abt the next best technology that comes along ...:lovegrin:

Technology: It is obsolete the day each model or version is launched into the market, cos an upgrade is already being planned for production.

I think you dont have to be a genius to figure that out the upgrade path of the SLR triplets, 400D, 40D, 1DS Mark 3?
I think I can safely predict that the Mark 3 will have a full frame sensor, big LCD, and dust shaker. ;)

Same with Nikon, D400? D40? D3X? Everything with dust shaker, its all the rage these days.

Garion said:
I hope if there is one, it can at least equal to or blow the D200 out of the water for specs, performance and IQ wise.

Canon EOS already has the 20d and the 5d to counter the darkside's d200 in terms of specs, performance, ergonomics. two against one.

panzerpunk said:
Lets start predicting the price of the 40D...

30D was marketed at RP $2669 when 20D was going at $2969 early this year...

Hmm chances are 40D will be going for $2669 as well for kit. Must wait a little while till November (assuming it does come out on Sept 26th) for prices to drop for body only to $2300 or so...

not too far off an estimate i suppose.

it is the same thing as computer hardware :D i bought my 9800XT at 949 dollars during 2003. it is not even worth 100 dollars now.

technology har. cannot catch up one. you will need to change hardware every 3 to 6 months if you are willing to pay the premium to get the premium.

so stay happy with what you have :D my 9800XT served me for 3 years. still going strong:)

wanzw said:
it is the same thing as computer hardware :D i bought my 9800XT at 949 dollars during 2003. it is not even worth 100 dollars now.

technology har. cannot catch up one. you will need to change hardware every 3 to 6 months if you are willing to pay the premium to get the premium.

so stay happy with what you have :D my 9800XT served me for 3 years. still going strong:)

True enough !! :thumbsup:

There is no way for us to catch up the system. Just focus on the skill and the lens is good enough

A few months after I bought my Toshiba Centrino laptop, the dual Centrino equivalent was released. Sigh....

Luckily, my laptop has 1 GB RAM and the speed and functionality are good enough for my current needs (image processing). I typically increase my RAM after 2 years and upgrade the laptop every 4 years.

Let's see if I can resist and upgrade the XT after 3 years (i.e., skip one version in between). :D

4 more days ...

Anyone ?

clubgrit said:
This is one reason I stick with Nikon, for DSLR. They are slow to change and deliver, less temptations, gives one more time to master the camera and photography :)

Canon is fast on the draw, I don't know how many Canon printers I've had that got replaced with a new model quickly, or my PNS Canon cameras.

this is about the most absurd reason to choose a camera! definately good for a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.