Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tualatin said:
Seriously, I think there were no real problems, at least in my case. Sanyo will gladly replace any faulty 2500s, and I actually done it on two occasions (the previous one just yesterday). They were quite pleasant in handling the matter too. Just drop them an email, stating your problems. They will probably ask you to charge your batteries at least two days in advance, and if the batteries are tested to be faulty, they shall be replaced. Only possible problem might be the office only opens on weekdays. Other than that, I really don't see much of a problem with Sanyo.

Bro AhV is probably busy, and since he is doing a goodwill favour by providing the convenience of exchanging the batteries with him, we should have a little patience in awaiting his reply.
There IS a problem.

Don't deny it. Why so many Sanyo NiMH 2500mAH need to exchange? Why NiMH 2500mAH from other brand no need (so far I never hear problem from any brand than Sanyo)?

It is maybe because severity of the problem is not harmful (like can explode), only annoying drainage problem, they try to calm it down by just exchange it.

Too bad for others that buy and not aware of this problem.

Regards,
Arto.

caseytan said:
Just had my Sanyo 2500 replaced this morning with Febiv.

Note to ALL who wish to replace their Sanyo Batts :
Febiv will be leaving the company by the end of the month, Please use the Contact Us form at Sanyo Energy's website to feedback and follow their procedures on whom you can contact and to charge the batteries 2 days before going for the exchange so that they can check the discharge rate of the batteries.

The replacement of Febiv on battery exchnage should be Bee Suan and Jasmine, Febiv recommend all who wishes to exchange the batteries to fill up the web contact form and follow their procedures.

Hi everyone, I just exchanged my batteries with Febiv this morning. She mentioned that 31 May 2006 will be her last day and any other queries should be directed to the 'Contact Us' form at the Sanyo website (look above for the link). I received a reply from them within the same day and it was quite easy to schedule an appointment for the exchange. Here's how the email was like:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with our Sanyo 2500Ni-MH Recharable.
You may drop by our office for a free battery check & replacement at any of your convenience time.
Do inform us of your Date / Time of coming & print out your Email request together with the filled up attachment (2 pages) so that our staff will be there ready to assist you upon your arrival.

Office Address:
Sanyo Energy (Singapore) Corp. Pte Ltd
260 Orchard Road, #14-01 The Hereen, Singapore 238855
Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 9AM - 12PM & 1PM - 5.30PM
Lunch Hour: 12PM - 1PM

**Before you send us the batteries, we would like to make a request to you
to fully charge the battery at least 2 Days beforehand (Not exceeding 7days).

In this way, we can carry out a quick & accurate check on the battery
performance and do a on-the-spot replacement for you.

Thank you very much for your co-operation.

(**No Walk-in. Pls make appointment 1day in advance)

Artosoft said:
There IS a problem.

Don't deny it. Why so many Sanyo NiMH 2500mAH need to exchange? Why NiMH 2500mAH from other brand no need (so far I never hear problem from any brand than Sanyo)?

It is maybe because severity of the problem is not harmful (like can explode), only annoying drainage problem, they try to calm it down by just exchange it.

Too bad for others that buy and not aware of this problem.

Regards,
Arto.
Maybe I wasn't being clear enough, I meant I hadn't encountered problems with doing the exchange with Sanyo. As for the batteries, definitely there is a problem with the older and earlier batches of 2500s on self discharge issues, there wasn't any argument about this right from the beginning. While I do agree the uninformed are somewhat victims of the inherent fault, but as for people like us, if there is a problem, we can schedule an appointment with them to exchange, simple as that. We can go on and on, on what's good or bad about the arrangement, there are going to be differing views for sure. However is the discussion going to be constructive? Well I tend to think not. Why not, we discuss if the new batches of batteries, such as those being exchanged to, have resolved the old issue of exceptionally fast self discharge?

Tualatin said:
Maybe I wasn't being clear enough, I meant I hadn't encountered problems with doing the exchange with Sanyo. As for the batteries, definitely there is a problem with the older and earlier batches of 2500s on self discharge issues, there wasn't any argument about this right from the beginning. While I do agree the uninformed are somewhat victims of the inherent fault, but as for people like us, if there is a problem, we can schedule an appointment with them to exchange, simple as that. We can go on and on, on what's good or bad about the arrangement, there are going to be differing views for sure. However is the discussion going to be constructive? Well I tend to think not. Why not, we discuss if the new batches of batteries, such as those being exchanged to, have resolved the old issue of exceptionally fast self discharge?

Guys... U think I should give Sanyo a chance? Currently my GPs batt r failing so wanna buy a new batch but wondering to get PowerEx or Sanyo... Current Sanyo 2500 batts are problems free? Or wat r the details to look out for? Dates? 06 ?? will mean no more pro?

Ed1975 said:
Guys... U think I should give Sanyo a chance? Currently my GPs batt r failing so wanna buy a new batch but wondering to get PowerEx or Sanyo... Current Sanyo 2500 batts are problems free? Or wat r the details to look out for? Dates? 06 ?? will mean no more pro?
As long as you get the newer batches, 06 ones, I guess it will be alright. I currently have 06-01-0A and 06-05-0A batches, and they are working just fine. The 04 and 05 batches are the problematic ones it seem. Or wait for the upcoming 2700s.

Tualatin said:
As long as you get the newer batches, 06 ones, I guess it will be alright. I currently have 06-01-0A and 06-05-0A batches, and they are working just fine. The 04 and 05 batches are the problematic ones it seem. Or wait for the upcoming 2700s.

Alrite... Thanks bro... Gd luck man to the new batts...

Ok. I can confirm that my 05-03-AJ batch are lao sai ones. My 06-02-0A batch seemed fine. 05 = "Made In Japan"
06 = "Made in China"
Different factory. In this case i'll only exchange the 05 batch then. Anyone having problems with 06 batches? Just to confirm..

portal28 said:
Hi everyone, I just exchanged my batteries with Febiv this morning. She mentioned that 31 May 2006 will be her last day and any other queries should be directed to the 'Contact Us' form at the Sanyo website (look above for the link). I received a reply from them within the same day and it was quite easy to schedule an appointment for the exchange. Here's how the email was like:

Hi, i enquired via the 'contact us' form yesterday and today.
Still no reply from them yet.

Is there anyway i can call them to schedule an appointment to replace the batteries?

No need to schedule an appointment. I just went down and filled out a form and got my new batteries right on the spot. No questions asked.

hondasleeper said:
No need to schedule an appointment. I just went down and filled out a form and got my new batteries right on the spot. No questions asked.

wah... what you tell them?

hmmm... i also filled up the 'contact us' form a couple of days ago, and received no reply...

hondasleeper >> when did u go down? just recently?

Hi, just went down today without any appt and managed to exchange 14 out of 18 batteries on the spot.
My 14 batteries were 04 and 05 batch.
The other 4 were 05 batch but they tested ok.

just walked in and exchanged today... :)

macross said:
hmmm... i also filled up the 'contact us' form a couple of days ago, and received no reply...

hondasleeper >> when did u go down? just recently?

About 2 weeks ago.

I've monitored the replaced Sanyo 2500. They actually hold the voltage better than the Powerex 2500! But that's only for the initial few weeks. Let's see if the Sanyo drops in performance after a while.

BigBelly said:
In fact most if not ALL Sanyo 2500s are now MADE IN CHINA instead of JAPAN. Not that China made batteries are lousy but heh, what happened to the batches which were made in Japan? :think:
In fact there was a faulty batch / batches of Sanyo NC-MQH01 charger too. I believe some of you know that. Once again, Sanyo didn't admit to the problem. Anyway since Sanyo's chargers are not that popular, the problem didn't make the news.

I went to Heeren and changed 4 of my batteries today. 2005 batch "made in Japan". Replacement given 2006 batch made in china. Their charger is currently spoilt so they took my word for it that the batteries were no good. But my friend who brought along 2006 batteries were told to come back another day.

What about the charger? I better go check my charger. Is there an exchange program for this as well?

Is there a list of faulty batches? Is it correct to say that they are the 2004 and 2005 made in Japan batches?

What about those other brands OEM by Sanyo like Energizer and Sony? Covered by the exchange program? I got 4 GP batteries that also have this self discharge problem. But I don't suppose they were made by Sanyo.

wa... so much posts here :sweat:

glad some of you got your replacements ;)

AhV said:
wa... so much posts here :sweat:

glad some of you got your replacements ;)

Hi AhV,

do you still have stock for replacement?
I only need 4 pcs :embrass: . Was thinking to head down to Sanyo during lunch time (so I don't have to take leave), but then they are also close during lunch time :cry: .

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.