Understanding Wall Street Situation...Great Analogy to share....

Status
Not open for further replies.
the affected member has been informed

the rest of you are on a need to know basis :)
btw it is official business and not OT, i would rather be sleeping than looking through all the threads (do you know just how many threads i need to look through?)
electricity has gone up 21% you know

Just to clarify, the parable is based on a true story of a Polish family.

But I cant help what you guys read into it.

It is not what is said that is important but what is heard.

There is only one word to describe Wall Street ---

G R E E D
: a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed

This is what happens when people push the limits and try to find creative ways to hide their motives and those in charge do nothing about it. If the US Gov had looked at this sub-prime issue earlier and not be blinded by the bankers, maybe all of this could be avioded. I don't believe that all those PHDs in the US did not foresee that the sub-prime credit is a bubble waiting to be burst.

This is what happens when people push the limits and try to find creative ways to hide their motives and those in charge do nothing about it. If the US Gov had looked at this sub-prime issue earlier and not be blinded by the bankers, maybe all of this could be avioded. I don't believe that all those PHDs in the US did not foresee that the sub-prime credit is a bubble waiting to be burst.

It was not regulated...everyone was too busy with the war on terrorism. Thank you Bush. Way ta go.

Not Regulated:
Could be an over sight of because of present laws which they felt was sufficient

Not Encourage to Regulate:
Everytime someone wants to look into it, something happens.
If it's the top guy who wants to look at it, suddently there's this official trip which is located just next to a world class golf course which he needs to attend or, if it's a low level guy, he got posted out.

Different you know?:think:

uncle SAM spell reverse is....!! :bsmilie:

anyway i think our bochap attitude has spread far & wide. when u have friends who are close for a length of time u become like them. :bsmilie:

Same as 1929. Loan money to buy share. When the index fell.... no monies to pay back.

Now loan money to buy properties, when properities price goes down.... banks or fin companies panic, not enough money to serve the loan.

The winners.. those who earn commission from the loan.

think sammy888 1st post is very relevant. broker / investor / financial adviser basically lack social responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.