Trip to BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

destitonia

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
First try at macro shots..Please give me your comments to help me improve. Thanks in advance.

Red Dragonfly says hi...

83_p629.jpg

Mating Grasshoppers caught in the act...
83_p628.jpg

Nice pictures, crisp and colourful, but I have only one issue with the first. The background blends in with the dragon fly too much. The background on your second pic would give your dragon fly much more definition and impact. All in all, nice shots dude :).

composition is good but the exposure is really bad .. could be due to the flash ... try to diffuse the flash ( can use tissue , external flash + omni-bounce ) ..

Tangles112 said:
Nice pictures, crisp and colourful, but I have only one issue with the first. The background blends in with the dragon fly too much. The background on your second pic would give your dragon fly much more definition and impact. All in all, nice shots dude :).

Thanks for your feedback. That was my concern also when I shot the dragonfly. But I cannot resist not shooting it because it was so bright and red. MAybe I could have changed an angle where there are no background with similar colours.

megaweb said:
composition is good but the exposure is really bad .. could be due to the flash ... try to diffuse the flash ( can use tissue , external flash + omni-bounce ) ..

Thanks for your enlightenment. I'm still experimenting with the flash. Will take note of your pointers and try again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.