Thoughts on LEICA M ?

Yup lookin for more pics sharing here:)

Some how the photos do not look as good (actually they are bad) as those shown in the Oly MFT Pics Gallery thread.

It may be that the photographers who own ultra expensive Leica M bodies and lenses, are not good photographers. They can afford and love the expensive equipment for its own sake (nothing wrong with that).

haha, this observation makes you look so silly :bsmilie::bsmilie:

This is a shot I enjoy taking in my spare time treating photography as a hobby. It was taken with my M8 in the absence of my M9 and in anticipation of my new M to arrive. I am certain the new M has a higher dynamic ability to capture light over my M8 thus I can improve the usage of back up light on the shot...Flickr also does a better HTML link than photobucket does on my earlier M240 shots.

L1016529-1 by sillbeers15, on Flickr

Last edited:
ricohflex said:
Some how the photos do not look as good (actually they are bad) as those shown in the Oly MFT Pics Gallery thread.

Must a photograph look "good"? What is "good"? I went to some photography museum overseas as well as some photography exhibitions there and at SG. Some of the photos are I would say not mainstream and they are treated as Art. For example, I seen photos which are just the grass and undergrowth at the edge of forest similar to those you see at exercise areas when you go ICT. No object of focus at all.

At Amsterdam, I saw one set which shows Japanese people walking. Some of them part of the people are cut off from the photo and some are blur. My guess is it is taken from the waist or hips.

songandesther said:
Must a photograph look "good"? What is "good"? I went to some photography museum overseas as well as some photography exhibitions there and at SG. Some of the photos are I would say not mainstream and they are treated as Art. For example, I seen photos which are just the grass and undergrowth at the edge of forest similar to those you see at exercise areas when you go ICT. No object of focus at all.

At Amsterdam, I saw one set which shows Japanese people walking. Some of them part of the people are cut off from the photo and some are blur. My guess is it is taken from the waist or hips.

This is one of the reasons why art is not appreciated is Asia. Asian focus too much on technical aspects rather than the art itself.

Not being sarcastic..but y do u need to replicate a shot from an outdated sensor?:) its like saying..i cant replicate a shot from a canon 400d when de 600d prove a better sensor?

Sorry, nv use it before so trying to understand if the sensor is something special? If u r talking about building a digital rf..den yes i agree its nt easy..

Yes the sensor is special:)

1. It is CCD
2. It does not have an AA filter.
3. It has a micro lens optimized for M lenses new and old.

Last edited:

And your post helps in what way in this thread? Do explain.

And furthermore, there are only 9 pages in this thread while in the gallery in the MFT subsection there are 132 pages, I am very sure many of the photographers here would be able to match or exceed the quality of pictures as shown in the other thread.

Yes I do own a M8 (albeit one that is half spoilt) and will never have plans to own the M240, but your sweeping comment on our gear being "expensive" and about us accidentally scratching and damaging the camera is totally uncalled for. You should come and see how deep I can go into the sea to take a shot with seawater splashing all around on a stormy day trying to get a shot with my Leica M4-P. To hell with whatever status I get in conferring the equipment, I use my Leica as much as I use my Pentax Spotmatic which I got in Japan for $20.

Perhaps you see us RF users as maintaining a perceived status using Leica gear, but I have been in the community for a long while, and I call tell you many of the people I have met here are very, very good photographers in their own right.

Last edited:
Thanks Kayaro888. Does it call out the list of lenses for selection on the LCD screen?

The rear has to drop more. Look at that fender gap!

I agree on the visual aspect as Eibach springs on all my rides tend to bring the nose down more. However, I will have difficulity reverse parking then as current set up allows the rear muffler box clears most parking kerbs by centimeters as front park is strictly no-no as my front CF splitter will be smashed again. Besides the weight distribution & drive dynamics isn't compromised now...hehee, wrong forum to be talking about cars.

I agree on the visual aspect as Eibach springs on all my rides tend to bring the nose down more. However, I will have difficulity reverse parking then as current set up allows the rear muffler box clears most parking kerbs by centimeters as front park is strictly no-no as my front CF splitter will be smashed again. Besides the weight distribution & drive dynamics isn't compromised now...hehee, wrong forum to be talking about cars.

Try KW Streetcomfort CO.
Are the rims flushed to fenders? I'm looking at the same design, different size 19x8.

Try KW Streetcomfort CO.
Are the rims flushed to fenders? I'm looking at the same design, different size 19x8.

Rears flush well (so it magnifies the fender gap), fronts are a little recessed.

sillbeers15 said:
zixaw,
Thanks for the kind explanation. Yes, I was only posing test shots as some of us are anxious to know.

I only use my 35mm Lux FLE @f1.4 for all the shots. Most of the shots were still relying on OVF. 4 shots in poorly lit environment showed much improved High ISO over M9.

Whatever it is, thanks for the test shots bro silbeers15! And keep them coming!

For those who cannot afford the new M and the array of exotic lenses, I can only look at the pictures and 望梅止渴. Hope i can the chinese characters right! :)

Far far away said:
Whatever it is, thanks for the test shots bro silbeers15! And keep them coming!

For those who cannot afford the new M and the array of exotic lenses, I can only look at the pictures and 望梅止渴. Hope i can the chinese characters right! :)

M9 or M8 prices should drop to a more affordable range in a few months time. U could grab a piece of d Leica legend by then.

Thoth said:
M9 or M8 prices should drop to a more affordable range in a few months time. U could grab a piece of d Leica legend by then.

Yeah the M9 dropped by hell a lot already now. See how in a few months time lah.

You got your M yet???