The official announcement: Nikon D4

Not a quantum leap but glad to see this launch. it's about time that Nikon shown the competitors that they are still a force to reckon. Like.

Finally it is here. Just in time which I plan to go into Videography beside my photography works.

Last edited:
I believed it is "Made in Japan"? Couldn't find any picture of the base of D4...

May not be a quantum leap in IQ, but an improvement nevertheless. But the remote control capability, for a pro, that's really something!

So, for those of you who are whining and complaining or whatever. How long have you used or extensively tested the D4?. Hypocrites...

Ha ha... Let's wait for the production model... who knows it says "Made in Thailand" or "Made in Malaysia"... I guess people will make lots of noise in this thread...

The base says that it is a sample unit, not for sale

Nikon D4 arrives after leaks turn into flood | CES 2012: Digital photo and video - CNET Blogs

And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?

You cant take photos with just a body and without a lens. Y not Look at the bigger picture?
Switch because at this very moment a camera body seems to be or is much better? Then years later.. Nikon/other system offer better..switch again? 1 must be too rich or too crazy to do such thing. Maybe it work for afew or you..but not me definitely.

Very tempting but think will stick to my D700 for a while.

Just a hobbyist so don't think there is a need to upgrade to a D4 unless money too much..........:bsmilie:

You cant take photos with just a body and without a lens. Y not Look at the bigger picture?
Switch because at this very moment a camera body seems to be or is much better? Then years later.. Nikon/other system offer better..switch again? 1 must be too rich or too crazy to do such thing. Maybe it work for afew or you..but not me definitely.

Just kidding lah... anyway, as someone on DPreview forum pointed out, actually both the D4 and EOS 1D X are disappointments - they are incremental improvements, nothing revolutionary. The DSLR technology has reached maturity. So unless got a real breakthrough in the basic science/technology, expect more of the same in the years to come.

I'm so tempted by this camera. I know I need a full frame but I'm torn between this, the upcoming D800 and the good old D700. D3s is great but I dun see y not just get the latest D4.

Cowseye said:
I'm so tempted by this camera. I know I need a full frame but I'm torn between this, the upcoming D800 and the good old D700. D3s is great but I dun see y not just get the latest D4.

Actually, me too :)