The official announcement: Nikon D4

Any info on the price?

From what I see so far from the spec sheets etc, this D4 isn't really ground breaking at all.. As compared to D3s, this D4 isn't much to wow about... If anyone wants to buy a pro level Nikon body, it's a good time to get the D3s once the price starts to drop with D4's launch... Those at the D4 launch event can save their time and go back sleep alrdy..

Someone else in another thread is already bitching about how heavy it is......

it is slightly heavier than a D700 and lighter than a D3S
if you mount a heavy lens then it will become heavy
i tried the D4 with the new 85mm f1.8 and 24-70mm f2.8
with 24-70 is heavy, with 85 is light

it is slightly heavier than a D700 and lighter than a D3S
if you mount a heavy lens then it will become heavy
i tried the D4 with the new 85mm f1.8 and 24-70mm f2.8
with 24-70 is heavy, with 85 is light

cool... hws the 85mm 1.8G AF speed compared to the 1.4G?...

From what I see so far from the spec sheets etc, this D4 isn't really ground breaking at all.. As compared to D3s, this D4 isn't much to wow about... If anyone wants to buy a pro level Nikon body, it's a good time to get the D3s once the price starts to drop with D4's launch... Those at the D4 launch event can save their time and go back sleep alrdy..

the new technology is the usability tweaks

eg. a simple tweak is the illuminated buttons
buffer big enough to store 100 raw images

cool... hws the 85mm 1.8G AF speed compared to the 1.4G?...

cannot tell unless it is mounted on the same camera for compairision
but it was fast and silent

from the LCD it looks like it had a nice bokeh as well

Last edited:
6645755583_f088430bbf.jpg

the new technology is the usability tweaks

eg. a simple tweak is the illuminated buttons
buffer big enough to store 100 raw images

But these are the stuffs are things that would not make me pop usd 6k to buy it or make me upgrade from the D3s, even the video mode is so so... In general, a camera nothing much to shout abt, or rather no major upgrade from D3s.

The only thing useful thing for stock photographer is the megapixels.. Upgrade to 16 from 10 megapixels.. But on the other hand, there's already 24mp D3x available...

Wonder when will it hit the shops....

Many folks here can't wait to molest it. :bsmilie:

I wana see what Joe Macnally and the gang at dtown tv says about it.

But these are the stuffs are things that would not make me pop usd 6k to buy it or make me upgrade from the D3s, even the video mode is so so... In general, a camera nothing much to shout abt, or rather no major upgrade from D3s.

The only thing useful thing for stock photographer is the megapixels.. Upgrade to 16 from 10 megapixels.. But on the other hand, there's already 24mp D3x available...

you are fortunate to already have a D3S, so it would not be that big a difference to you.
you should also read this

Joe McNally’s Blog

ShawnQuah said:
Wonder when will it hit the shops....

NR reporting that Amazon.com pre order sold out in one hour! Hot product man!