Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 ultra-telephoto zoom

Hi,
Tamron inform me that they had a new firmware for Tamron 150-600 and I just update it. Initial impression from indoor test, the AF seem to be faster and more consistence. Will bring out this weekend for a real world test... may be I'll keep mine if the AF on the new firmware is good as my copy is as sharp as my EF 400mm F5.6L.

Have a nice day.

Hi,
Tamron inform me that they had a new firmware for Tamron 150-600 and I just update it. Initial impression from indoor test, the AF seem to be faster and more consistence. Will bring out this weekend for a real world test... may be I'll keep mine if the AF on the new firmware is good as my copy is as sharp as my EF 400mm F5.6L.

Have a nice day.

Bro - you brought it into the Tamron service centre? How long did it take?

Hi,
Very fast if the engineer is around... I think I wait less than half an hour. You can call them to check first.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the info....time to visit them for an update..........

Unfortunately their office is in Changi. Suuuuper far.

FYI - The Tamron guy suggested that you call to check whether their engineers are in office before you head down otherwise they may not be able to process the firmware update for you on the spot/within the hour or so.

They are open from 9.30am - 5pm.

Unfortunately their office is in Changi. Suuuuper far.

FYI - The Tamron guy suggested that you call to check whether their engineers are in office before you head down otherwise they may not be able to process the firmware update for you on the spot/within the hour or so.

They are open from 9.30am - 5pm.

Daily or weekdays only? If weekends open i will be more glad to travel there and after that can test shot @ Airfield side.....

Daily or weekdays only? If weekends open i will be more glad to travel there and after that can test shot @ Airfield side.....

Not open on weekends. Quite sure that was the reply I got.

Not open on weekends. Quite sure that was the reply I got.

Thanks...mostly coming friday i will try to call them up after my night shift den head down if the Engineers are around...don't wanna to drag too long ..def getting lazier each day....

Thanks...mostly coming friday i will try to call them up after my night shift den head down if the Engineers are around...don't wanna to drag too long ..def getting lazier each day....

LOL same for me. I'm trying to ask a friend or my brother to help bring the lens over - whoever's working in the Changi area!

LOL same for me. I'm trying to ask a friend or my brother to help bring the lens over - whoever's working in the Changi area!

Its a pain if you don't drive especially. The bus interval can be random, and calling a taxi can be a pain.

Thankfully the receptionist / service staff are friendly and prompt.

Got mine done today. Less than 30 mins. Af seemed faster and VC quieter too.
Though inconvenient for most to go there. I am thankful that unlike bigger countries, they hv to risk the lens by sending via mail/courier at own cost.

May I know The upgrade is it for the early batch Len?

And do u need to pay?

Im hoping my copy of the lens which was bought in Dec 2014 would already have the newer firmware installed already.

There are 2 upgrades that just been released...one on 8 May 2015 improving AF when panning and the other released 9 May 2015 which sort of makes it more compatible with the new Canon 750 and 760 camera.
It is free.
https://www.tamron.co.jp/en/support/support/

On top of this, the technician Josua found that my lens which was from the first batches also missed 2 or 3 other minor updates. I didn't ask what they were though but i am enjoying my lens.

Last edited:
There are 2 upgrades that just been released...one on 8 May 2015 improving AF when panning and the other released 9 May 2015 which sort of makes it more compatible with the new Canon 750 and 760 camera.
It is free.
https://www.tamron.co.jp/en/support/support/

On top of this, the technician Josua found that my lens which was from the first batches also missed 2 or 3 other minor updates. I didn't ask what they were though but i am enjoying my lens.

Thanks for this man. Appreciate it!

quite pissed off...call 935am...said transfering my call...waiting 10 mins with no sound..hang up..call again and no ppl pickup..try calling 10++ same...11+ same...what's the use putting a number where no people going to answer for it?
So never go down since no one can cfm with me if any tech there to get the lens update....

Tamron has announced a new version of its popular 150-600mm telezoom - the SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2. The 'G2' stands for second generation, reflecting several improvements to the design.

Available in Japan 23 Sept 16...

$a022n_angle_20160707.jpg

Last edited: