Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 ultra-telephoto zoom

I like the specs and hope the price is like the Sigma's 150-500mm.

I like the specs and hope the price is like the Sigma's 150-500mm.

Yes, paper specs impressive. Hope price is there about too.
Aiming this lens for nature and birding shots.

Any more updates on this lens?

read somewhere (most probably from facebook - couldn't be sure because I cannot assess facebook now... since I am in China), the listed price is somewhere around S$1647 (if I recall correctly). Actually the price is not bad... now waiting for the review to start pouring in.

Hi,
You can download the full resolution tiff images at this website:
http://www.tamron.com.hk/A011/

I look at the samples images and compare to my Canon 400mm F5.6L + 1.4xTC (@560mm F8), the Canon 400mm F5.6L + 1.4xTC still look a bit sharper and less CA at wide open, but Tamron look a bit sharper when step down. Now the questions is: will the real world copy give a similar IQ as these sample images?

Anyway, I'm looking to change to a zoom lens (want to learn to do some video) and this look like a good alternative if there is no Canon 100-400mmL II in 2014... I don't might if the lens built is not as good as the Canon L (I don't "qiong" and always use it with care) and AF not as fast as Canon L (I seldom shoot BIF), but the lens must be as reliable... hopefully.

Have a nice day.

Tamron announces availability!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/12/16/tamron-announces-availability-of-150-600mm-f-5-6-3-telephoto-zoom?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_0

Tamron_SP150-600mm_Di_VC_USD.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
You can download the full resolution tiff images at this website:
http://www.tamron.com.hk/A011/

I look at the samples images and compare to my Canon 400mm F5.6L + 1.4xTC (@560mm F8), the Canon 400mm F5.6L + 1.4xTC still look a bit sharper and less CA at wide open, but Tamron look a bit sharper when step down. Now the questions is: will the real world copy give a similar IQ as these sample images?

Anyway, I'm looking to change to a zoom lens (want to learn to do some video) and this look like a good alternative if there is no Canon 100-400mmL II in 2014... I don't might if the lens built is not as good as the Canon L (I don't "qiong" and always use it with care) and AF not as fast as Canon L (I seldom shoot BIF), but the lens must be as reliable... hopefully.

Have a nice day.

A proper prime will usually beat a zoom in image quality especially for super teles. The tamron being able to come close is already an amazing feat in its own right. And the price... damn.

Wow, I must say the most impressive thing about this lens is the price..... truly a wildlife/sports photographers' on a super tight budget dream come true..... haha..... the good images coming from the sample just add on to the value of this lens.

Reactions: Fable
Wow, I must say the most impressive thing about this lens is the price..... truly a wildlife/sports photographers' on a super tight budget dream come true..... haha..... the good images coming from the sample just add on to the value of this lens.

Exactly, do hope that the build quality is super tight too and IQ on par or better than competitions.