Sunrise Shoot at Marina Barrage 20 Mar 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one still available? Ill take it :) Pmed you my number

Another option for the guys if garang enough is to cycle there.

Haha.. come early enough and you won't have to.

My plan is to have two pieces of paper with both the car/tel numbers and once we have 4 person arrive at meeting point, we set them off with whichever car is there first. Next 3 person arrive, we set them off and once we have the final four, we take off by cab. So the last few to arrive (and me, who will leave with last group) will have to share cab. I think this is only fair to those who arrive early? Yes? :)

Sounds like a good plan :)

aiyah just go and experiment and learn from the others there and share ideas la...:)

Since you say until liddat, I will drag myself out of bed, and while there, learn from you ... keke

hahahahahaha ~fall off the chair laughing~

might as well say route march from Changi Beach, starting the evening before.
That is actually possible....supposing start from Changi Beach Park can ride/walk along Changi Coast Road till hit the ECP connector and then go all the way to Marina Barrage. Thing is no idea how long it may take though starting the night before might work.

*anyone care to comment on time required to clear that distance say...a leisurely ride or walk?

Actually....if there are people willing to join me, i am very much interested in such a walk for the next time go to Marina Barrage sunrise. At most i will rent a foldable bike.

Last edited:
I am going with 2 of my personal and long time friends. One of whom is a newbie. Will be driving but our MO is usually getting to barrage early at 6:15-6:30am. Do our setup. We like to take pre-dawn pics and also get all our equipment set up in advance as well as choose our angles.

by any chance...what system are you guys bringing?

If more towards one camp...possible for the guys to bring flash units so that can chain together if want to take a group photo.

Maybe can meet up with folks going to Marina Bay for breakfast after shoot ... keke

Last edited:
Things to take note:

- There will be people there. Usually you will see some love birds there. So please be understanding and leave them alone and not make too much noise.
- Sun will be rising from end facing the construction platforms. So get your cameras pointed in the right direction.
- At any hint of rain, I will call it off and I will not be there.
- There are many many places to get a vantage. It depends what you want to shoot:

Top floor (R floor) - Good for a high vantage. But the outer railing and walls are quite high, limiting some of your view if your tripod is shorter. Good views of the city and the flyer and the sunrise..etc... Pics from this view:
4000290737_9ffc078b07_m.jpg
3664382483_0c07c9ab77_m.jpg
4001057260_a508f3deb8_m.jpg
3664382759_0f82432907_m.jpg

2nd floor - There is this balcony by the side that gives the perfect view to capture the lights on the bridge/dam. Pic:
3866203791_ea50726634_m.jpg

Last edited:
- 1st floor - You can capture a variety of views here, there are so many things to shoot:
3866987576_50dfebf911_m.jpg
3866987368_0e20cbecd4_m.jpg
3866988076_78c4693306_m.jpg
3866203509_88208cf2a2_m.jpg

- On the dam - You will also get a very different view from the dam/bridge.
3866203653_2035bbe8eb_m.jpg

Hope these help in giving you ideas on some of the angles available to you there.

It is very early in the morning. Please be understanding and keep noise levels down to a minimum. Enjoy the serenity and quietness of the sunrise. Do not spoil it for the rest of us.

Last edited:
by any chance...what system are you guys bringing?

If more towards one camp...possible for the guys to bring flash units so that can chain together if want to take a group photo.

I will probably miss the group photo as I need to leave a little earlier. And one thing, once the sun is up, you do not really need the flash anymore. And I will definitely miss the breakfast session also.

Also, for drivers, please note that there are 2 car parks infront of the barrage. The normal one, and there is another one which is deeper.
Try not to park in the deeper one as well as the first row of the normal one. If there is an event, they will come at around 7am and shut it out. They will announce over the PA to ask you to remove your car. Very very inconvenient. Happened to me one time. I had to leave my setup to my friend and move my car. Missed some good shots because of that.

Last edited:
Dear all,

Jus to share that if possible to reach there slightly earlier as the moment of daybreak at marina barriage is quite beautiful.

Perhaps can give it a try.

Cheers!

Happy Shooting..

Not sure if i can join u guys? I am new in photography, what we need to bring for this outing?

Great source of info, guys! :thumbsup:

But don't ask me to walk or cycle hor.. already have problems getting to City Hall coz have my achilles tendonitis acting up again. Desperately taking anti-inflammatory pills so that I don't get stuck at one place at the barrage tomorrow morning :bsmilie:

I am going with 2 of my personal and long time friends. One of whom is a newbie. Will be driving but our MO is usually getting to barrage early at 6:15-6:30am. Do our setup. We like to take pre-dawn pics and also get all our equipment set up in advance as well as choose our angles.

Bro, u are gg? swee~

Wildcat, count me in as well since its quite near my place.

I make my way there same time as u. Cyall guys! :)

Not sure if i can join u guys? I am new in photography, what we need to bring for this outing?

At the moment, I got one spot left for the last cab (coz stepwalker confirmed going there direct). Come join us at City Hall!

I have updated the top-most thread with all the names (and will keep that as the most updated)

Bro, u are gg? swee~

Wildcat, count me in as well since its quite near my place.

I make my way there same time as u. Cyall guys! :)

Swee!

Last edited:
Also, for drivers, please note that there are 2 car parks infront of the barrage. The normal one, and there is another one which is deeper.
Try not to park in the deeper one as well as the first row of the normal one. If there is an event, they will come at around 7am and shut it out. They will announce over the PA to ask you to remove your car. Very very inconvenient. Happened to me one time. I had to leave my setup to my friend and move my car. Missed some good shots because of that.

Gd peice of info for drivers bro :thumbsup:

Tripod, cable release, filters (gnd/nd), ur cam, wide angle to standard zoon lens, ultra wides (if u have) and most impt urself -_-"""

Status
Not open for further replies.