2010 MAY Republic of Singapore Navy(RSN) Open House

Status
Not open for further replies.
usually for Army and Navy open house wont have lens restriction , but for Air force open house got , if i remember correctly is cannt more than 500mm

To all season brothers here, I'm intending to bring my 1 yr old boy to the RSN OH. Advisable? Can bring along baby stroller? Hope someone can advise me. Thanks.

No issues with baby stroller and children.

However, there are restrictions with some of the water rides.

HTH.

To all season brothers here, I'm intending to bring my 1 yr old boy to the RSN OH. Advisable? Can bring along baby stroller? Hope someone can advise me. Thanks.

Last edited:
hi xtemujin, thanks for the heads up.
Would bring a stroller be advisable? I expect it's going to be really crowded.
And would everybody be there for the 8:30am shuttle bus? Kinda worried, yet so eager to go as I was from the Navy during NS.

No issues with baby stroller and children.

However, there are restrictions with some of the water rides.

HTH.

From my experience at the 2007 RSN open house, the crowds were already beginning to start at 0830 hrs on the first day.

I would advise bringing the stroller and umbrella as the weather at CNB is hot and without shades, the young ones will get cranky with the heat.

No worries, there will be RSN personnel around if you need help.

Cheers.

hi xtemujin, thanks for the heads up.
Would bring a stroller be advisable? I expect it's going to be really crowded.
And would everybody be there for the 8:30am shuttle bus? Kinda worried, yet so eager to go as I was from the Navy during NS.

Last edited:
entering saf premises sure have metal detector one.

any restrictions on lens that can bring in?
Always wondered...from my experience when for men, the metal detector got sound we get spot checked but for women they just let through.

anyway more or less know the setup to bring there.

Odd that this sort of thing is not advertised so that the visitors can prepare beforehand so that dont bottleneck the queue.

Last edited:
Always wondered...from my experience when for men, the metal detector got sound we get spot checked but for women they just let through.

anyway more or less know the setup to bring there.

Odd that this sort of thing is not advertised so that the visitors can prepare beforehand so that dont bottleneck the queue.
cos normally women wear bra which has metal part to support their neh neh ma. you wan the security to strip them meh. :p

hmm should i answer the question....?

anyway..did some check and so far its going to be similar to the Singapore Airshow.

Bring cash if want to buy souvenirs and so on.

Are photos allowed during guided tours at the ships? Hangars, some details of equipment? No worries - I'm just a modeler ;-)

The RSN minders will tell you before the start of the guided tour of the ship what you can and cannot take.

HTH.

Are photos allowed during guided tours at the ships? Hangars, some details of equipment? No worries - I'm just a modeler ;-)

Not advisable IMO, it's going to get REAL HOT out in the open ... why let the BB suffer ?

& u wouldn't get to see much cos u'll be tending to yr BB ... :dunno:

Don't miss the exciting Naval Displays at these times. Grab a seat at the spectator stand or a spot along the North Wharf and West Pier.

22 May: 10am and 3.30pm
23 May: 11.30am and 3.30pm

Republic Of Singapore Navy Open House 2010 - Preview NDU Dive Into The Action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VO9SyFy35M

Last edited:
hey!... cnt wait for the open house... my school also bring me to the open house

i just came bk fm the 1st day of open hse (1st 2 days are open to schools & institutes only)~ weather is v hot though there's few aircon tentages~ bringing a 1yr old baby mayb become a chore as u may need to walk quite alot~ if u intend to go up to the ship, u need to climb up the gangway & fm inside the ship, there's few mre v steep staircase to climb up~ ;)

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/969/dsc04780p.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Sunsetbay,

Please post your photos in the Reportage and Sports gallery and not in the Exhibition and Events section as per Clubsnap rules.

Thanks

i just came bk fm the 1st day of open hse (1st 2 days are open to schools & institutes only)~ weather is v hot though there's few aircon tentages~ bringing a 1yr old baby mayb become a chore as u may need to walk quite alot~ if u intend to go up to the ship, u need to climb up the gangway & fm inside the ship, there's few mre v steep staircase to climb up~ ;)

Last edited:
When such events comes, I'm so suay..
Every time such events, I have test/exams the next day.. :(

Never mind, just my luck..

ANYWAY...
HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE FUN!
! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.