Newbies Outing (Part 22) - Sunrise at The Promontory @ Marina Bay
Our objective is to bring the know-how and joy of landscape photography to beginners in photography. We will only open these outings to newbies. Newbies at this outing will be guided by more experienced shooters who will share their knowledge and techniques. They will also try to answer any questions with regards to photography.
Newbies outing started in April 2009 with the 1st outing at the Marina Barrage. Since then, some of the 'pioneer' attendees have become quite prolific photographers. So all in all, a pretty successful group. Started by Master ZerocoolAstra, now it is my turn to organize this one and give back to the "society".
Date/Time: 04th December 2010, Saturday @ 0600 hrs till 0800 hrs
Location: The Promontory @ Marina Bay
Things to bring:
1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.
2) Tripod. This is essential. If you don't want to bring, please don't waste a slot by putting your name down. If you do not have one, you should buy or borrow one. If you show up without a tripod, seniors will not waste their time guiding you.
The format will be some "slightly more experienced" (not necessarily expert, or professional) photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.
The ratio of Seniors:Newbies will be about 1:4, up to the maximum as stated.
People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
My definition of 'Newbie':
- started photography within the last one year.
- still feeling confused about setting up the camera for certain shots (eg. what is correct exposure; how to meter; what shooting mode to use, etc).
After shooting ended, we will end the official part of the session. Shooters are welcome to shoot some more or hang out for breakfast, tcss and some direct cnc. Newbies are expected to post their work in the photo thread we will create after the outing. This is to invite critiques and feedback to improve on your photography skills. If you do not post your pictures, you will not get a chance to get feedback and improve. So it is up to you.
----------------- Sign Up, Copy From Here ---------------------
'Seniors': must be prepared to guide the newbies
1) 雅各士 - ジェイコブ
3) Akerue (If free on 4th Dec)
'Newbies': require some guidance/assistance.
=== stops at 15 newbies ===
Independent Shooters: own-time-own-target but still have to interact with rest
==== stops at 5 ====
THERE WILL BE NO RESERVES
----------------- Sign Up, Stop Here ---------------------
[Things to do if you want to attend]
1. Please only put your name down if you are quite sure you can make it. Try not to put your name down then cancel at the last minute. It makes life difficult for me and unfair to those who can go but still in reserve.
2. Copy the name list, add your name in the appropriate section, and post. Please send me a PM with your mobile number, with the subject "Newbie Outing (Part 22)"
3. DON'T expand the reserve list beyond the limit! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.
1. If you put your name down, you are expected to show up. These outings get packed really quickly and seniors take time to show up to guide you. Show some respect to the seniors and the people on reserve waiting to join. If you sign up and did not turn up without due notice, you will be blacklisted and will be banned from any other of our outings in the future.
2. This is a sign up thread only. Do not discuss anything here. Please check for the LAST POST before signing up. People who do not sign up in the proper manner will have their names removed without notice.
3. We reserve the right to cancel the outing, remove any names from signup, or switch the outing time or location with due notice.
4. Outing will be call off or postpone if found bad weather (Eg:Raining)
Do remember all the discussion or questions which related to this outing will be conduct HERE. So this thread mainly for register & reservation your name.