Soo Kee Fashion Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me just come back from work and all I see is sue here sue there...
Now still trying to digest who is who...

Is this person who he says he is? Looks like an anonymous request.

Impersonation of a government officer may constitute a criminal offence.

---------------
Dear Sir,

You have posted a link:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=223479&page=4 (#64 gang ladder thread) even though has expired has pictures contained within which may identify the individual/s concerned whom has already lodged a complaint to the police. We know you are not involved but could you kindly remove the link, I have also informed the moderators about it but hoped that on your part you can follow up with your action. I would like to thank you for your kind attention.

Mr Tan
Ministry of Ed/Ev

insider info -- just to inform everyone concerned with gang ladder thread photos, the individual concerned has made a police report and will issue a copy to the parties involved and course of action to take (areality and espn). For those whom have posted intrusive photos without the party/parties knowledge, please refer to this thread highlighted in red:

1) Defamation is not a criminal case. I believe that the police would not allow you to make a police report. Perhaps you can Let us all know the "crime" that was being reported?

2) BTW, if anyone post up photos of the ladder gang, and people make offensive remarks about those people, and it can be shown that those people warrant the offensive remarks, it is NOT defamation. That's why MM Lee can call various opposition leaders liars, that's because he can prove it (that they lied).

3) I believe if you're intentionally misleading the public, intentionally pressuring and influencing them to change their course of action, I believe it may be a criminal offence?

Yawn yar sure looks like a faker. With a name like Mr Tan too with a bizare and almost probaby non existant Ministry. Last I looked the Police would respond with a Police Dept, even if (no way this small potatoe issue would be covered by a Ministry it would be Home Affairs). Shakes head - if the actions were inconsiderate why not be man enough to either admit it or defend your actions rather than to silence the Singapore reaction - kow bear kow bu ? Any way I was there not shooting so I saw the faces of the guys. Hullo if you do not want people to know who you are wear a mask hor.

Is this person who he says he is? Looks like an anonymous request.

Impersonation of a government officer may constitute a criminal offence.

---------------
Dear Sir,

You have posted a link: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=223479&page=4 (#64 gang ladder thread) even though has expired has pictures contained within which may identify the individual/s concerned whom has already lodged a complaint to the police. We know you are not involved but could you kindly remove the link, I have also informed the moderators about it but hoped that on your part you can follow up with your action. I would like to thank you for your kind attention.

Mr Tan
Ministry of Ed/Ev

Uhh anyone noticed that this "official letter" worded by a supposedly government official wouldn't even pass for a PSLE english composition?

1) Defamation is not a criminal case. I believe that the police would not allow you to make a police report. Perhaps you can Let us all know the "crime" that was being reported?

2) BTW, if anyone post up photos of the ladder gang, and people make offensive remarks about those people, and it can be shown that those people warrant the offensive remarks, it is NOT defamation. That's why MM Lee can call various opposition leaders liars, that's because he can prove it (that they lied).

3) I believe if you're intentionally misleading the public, intentionally pressuring and influencing them to change their course of action, I believe it may be a criminal offence?

Actually, defamation as a criminal offence under SEc 499 of our Penal Code but most victims take the civil action route to claim compensation. Below is an extract from the Penal Code:

"499. Whoever, by words either spoken or intended to be read, or by signs, or by visible representations, makes or publishes any imputation concerning any person, intending to harm, or knowing or having reason to believe that such imputation will harm, the reputation of such person, is said, except in the cases hereinafter excepted, to defame that person.
First Exception.—It is not defamation to impute anything which is true concerning any person, if it is for the public good that the imputation should be made or published. Whether or not it is for the public good is a question of fact.
Explanation to Exceptions
In proving the existence of circumstances as a defence under the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th exception good faith shall be presumed unless the contrary appears."

As for your Para 3, criminal intimidation is also an offence under our Penal Code
"Criminal intimidation.
503. Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation"

Pls refrain from threatening fellow Csers with lawsuits.

Mr Derek
Ministry of Sound

Actually, defamation as a criminal offence under SEc 499 of our Penal Code but most victims take the civil action route to claim compensation. Below is an extract from the Penal Code:
Ah.. thanks for the info. Just read up the Penal code. Thanks. the 10 exceptions are interesting..

First Exception.—It is not defamation to impute anything which is true concerning any person, if it is for the public good that the imputation should be made or published. Whether or not it is for the public good is a question of fact.
Sixth Exception.—It is not defamation to express in good faith any opinion respecting the merits of any performance which its author has submitted to the judgment of the public, or respecting the character of the author so far as his character appears in such performance, and no further.

This thread has gone way OT. I am closing this thread.

Threadstarter please feel free to restart a new thread. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.