Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, I think I was standing beside you (to ur right)...with a fellow CSer...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

both of us wondering if u were the one and only sgvideomaaannnnnn....

Ha ha...scandisk guessed our hunch was rite...its sgvideoman :bsmilie:
He was using somethin like Digi-pod tripod?

Not exactly. One of my shot from the right. I was shooting together yilishengxian. Pics was cropped. Using 180mm f2.8 lens. ;)

1st.jpg

dun worry u miss nothing...the place not really that ideal for shooting anyway

Not exactly. One of my shot from the right. I was shooting together yilishengxian. Pics was cropped. Using 180mm f2.8. ;)

is that the stubby L lens i saw?

No la. 2nd hand Nikon 180mm f2.8 ED (non-D) ;)

haha.. i'm still trying to find out who's the one with the L ;p saw 3 of 'em on stage left (performer's perspective) shooting away, you should be one of them I guess..

can't wait for all the pics to be posted :bsmilie:

just to share a pic captured with HDV as request by someone...

just to share a pic captured with HDV as request by someone...

Cool! Still saving up to buy HDV video cam.

Or rent one hehe.

My $600 video cam cannot make it.

Did you pay for your HDV video cam in one go or by installments?

See how terribly lousy are the image quality of my screenshots. I want to go HDV!!!

My bank account only left this much....

balanceic6.jpg

When can I go HDV....:cry: :cry: :cry:

some snapshots taken during the rehearsal
PICT8065-01.jpg

PICT8069-01.jpg

PICT8075-01.jpg

PICT8081-01.jpg

PICT8067-01.jpg

dun worry u miss nothing...the place not really that ideal for shooting anyway

Any place are ideal spots ;p. It just depends on how you want the picture to appear (training myself to make any spot an ideal spot) ... Missing stuff isn't a good idea if it was really good ...

sookeediamondaffair009pq1.jpg

sookeediamondaffair023ru3.jpg

sookeediamondaffair031uh0.jpg

sookeediamondaffair052ru2.jpg

Any place are ideal spots ;p. It just depends on how you want the picture to appear (training myself to make any spot an ideal spot) ... Missing stuff isn't a good idea if it was really good ...

The environment is not good for those who doesn't have any pass no eye contact...no shots of full evening gown.. all nothing but cropped body parts good for u but not for me...nice clothing and beautiful women doesn't constitute a good pic ...at least not for me for fashion show i prefer to take full bodies shots will even sacrifice the sharpness and colour by using the kit lens rather than my other lenses for such purpose:rolleyes:

The environment is not good for those who doesn't have any pass no eye contact...no shots of full evening gown.. all nothing but cropped body parts good for u but not for me...nice clothing and beautiful women doesn't constitute a good pic ...at least not for me for fashion show i prefer to take full bodies shots will even sacrifice the sharpness and colour by using the kit lens rather than my other lenses for such purpose:rolleyes:
Well, its still possible to capture the full body shots (eh... from the top of the ladder, and i got bring ;p), however, its just my preference to capture the images this way (at least for now... trying out landscape orientation 1/2 body shots ...).

There're eye contact shots, but did not select them (landscape orientation testing purposes) ...

Well, its still possible to capture the full body shots (eh... from the top of the ladder, and i got bring ;p), however, its just my preference to capture the images this way (at least for now... trying out landscape orientation 1/2 body shots ...).

There're eye contact shots, but did not select them (landscape orientation testing purposes) ...

not everyone carry one and there are crowds infront of the stage
[heads...lot of them] ..it a half-ass situation for me and those who doesn't carry one..u trying out those rule of the 3rd thingy ?

not everyone carry one and there are crowds infront of the stage
[heads...lot of them] ..it a half-ass situation for me and those who doesn't carry one..u trying out those rule of the 3rd thingy ?
Hmmm, looks like it huh :). Actually, last time i keep shooting them in portrait orientation (filling up most of the frame with the model) abit boring so i try something else lor ... For me, I still prefer the "no eye contact" expressions though (which I feel will bring out the essence of the event) ...

Maybe include part of the background and so on? The last image u see there, actually I wanted to include the piano too ... But ;p ladder not high enuff ...

At least, I haven't really use that rule of 3rd thing on these events before ;p and Heads, PnS, HPs are quite nice too after taking a look at other's examples (whether intentional or not).

nice mtg up with some of u guys last nite. :cool:

great shots there yilishengxian, like the way you use the landscape orientation :D

looking at the conditions, i think fz50 is not for this challenge:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.