Sony A350. Buy now or wait for IT show in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeto

May 28, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the Sony A350. Just thinking if it's wiser to wait for the PC show in June 12-15 to get it or get it now? Will there be any price difference? or in terms of the freebies?

Anyone used the vertical grip with their A350? and also, how many more shots can I get if I get the 2nd battery to put in the vertical grip?

please wait for 12 more days and see what sony will be offering.

I think it's better to wait till the PC Show because they'll usually throw in a lot of freebies which are useful. (Dry Box, Tripod, Cleaning Kit, Extra memory card & etc..)

For price wise, don't think there'll be any difference as Sony is control price items globally. If Sony knows that the dealer lower the price, their rights as an authorised dealer might be taken away.

I'm using the Alpha 200, thinking of getting the battery grip also. Will be good for taking portrait shots. When you put 2x FM-500 Battery in it, it'll consume only 1 of the battery. After it's dry then it'll auto switch to the other 1. (Pardon me if I'm wrong) ;)

if you're able to get from hong kong, get from hong kong... if not, get from IT show for freebies...

yep! limited tourist warranty (double request to make sure they give) will be honoured in singapore... applies to both lens and body...

(hmmm i'm like becoming hong kong ambassador liao... fish!)

yep! limited tourist warranty (double request to make sure they give) will be honoured in singapore... applies to both lens and body...

(hmmm i'm like becoming hong kong ambassador liao... fish!)

Have you bought Sony products from HK before? I heard if buy from HK Camera Shops, need to bring down to HK Sony Style to convert to international warranty. A bit troublesome..

To add ... depending on which company is offering Sony in the show, you can actually "bargain" with some of them to get even more freebies, or upgrade some of the freebies.

Good luck.

true that you'll have to bring to SONYstyle to change warranty.

For the pretty big cash difference, i think pretty worth it... besides, there are some distributors that're almost like right next to the SONYstyle there... doesn't hurt to walk a hundred steps if u ask me...

getting my A200 there, though it's not me going to hong kong lol...

Have you bought Sony products from HK before? I heard if buy from HK Camera Shops, need to bring down to HK Sony Style to convert to international warranty. A bit troublesome..

If convert to International warranty, what's the difference with buying in Singapore and getting the local warranty? Need to pay extra for the conversion?

Kinda tempting cos I got friend going HK next week...

no need pay extra... and the difference is that you pay less for the camera lo...
depending on which camera you're going for, my philosophy is the more expensive that item, the cheaper when you compare sg to hk pricing... not sure if i'm right about this, A700 is almost the price of A350 here, mayb 100 dollars difference...

Sounds great, hehe but where to check for HK Sony gear prices? I only see the Canon Gear prices nia..

no need pay extra... and the difference is that you pay less for the camera lo...
depending on which camera you're going for, my philosophy is the more expensive that item, the cheaper when you compare sg to hk pricing... not sure if i'm right about this, A700 is almost the price of A350 here, mayb 100 dollars difference...

U sure that the A700 there is the price of a A350 here? That's almost 1k difference! The A350 is going at SG$1199 for body only. If that's the case, how much is the A350 going there?

A350 there is about 899SGD for the kit based on SONYstyle HK price...
Sorry for the confusion, there was a forum post about A700 price in hong kong close to sg A350 price then ($1399).

IT Show = Lots and lots of freebies.
Hongkong = Cheap + tourist warranty in SG.

Weight your options bro.

As for the vertical grip, I find it very usefull personally. I feel more solid when holding my A200 with the VG on. Though adding my F42AM flash hor, the weight quite heavy still the overall firm grip is there. The grip hardly leaves my body ever since having it nearly 1 month ago.

For DLSR bodies bought in HK, can also get full international warranty? I thought I read that this is only the case for lenses? Anybody can confirm this?

For lower-end items (like the A350 even), I don't mind getting them from Sg. Don't want to wait lah. :p But more expensive stuff like CZ lenses, etc, I'll definitely try my best to source it from HK. The savings can be HUGE! And as for the A350, yah, wait for PC show. Few more days only.

Anyone getting the alphas during the PC show next week? Maybe we can band together to get a good price?

Anyone getting the alphas during the PC show next week? Maybe we can band together to get a good price?

So far got anyone bought Alpha from the last show? Cause the previous time I bought 3 sets of Alpha with my friends, but they weren't able to give us any disocunt at all. Only thing is like free flow of freebies. ;p

So far got anyone bought Alpha from the last show? Cause the previous time I bought 3 sets of Alpha with my friends, but they weren't able to give us any disocunt at all. Only thing is like free flow of freebies. ;p

you can bargain for more freebies, but i don't think a discount is possible.

Price-controlled items for Sony isn't it?
it's a Sony.

:dunno:

I asked for extra memory card, a sony memory stick.. oh well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.