Sony A350. Buy now or wait for IT show in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting the alphas during the PC show next week? Maybe we can band together to get a good price?

Yeah. I agree that there is no discount cos the pricing is controlled by Sony. The only thing they can do is give us more freebies...

Anyway... I'm interested in getting the A350 with the vertical grip and 2nd battery. Still considering whether to get it with the kit lens or not... but will probably not get the flash as yet.... cos that should set me back around another $600+... :confused:

Let see how we can gather our 'strength' together and get ourselves a load of freebies..!! haha!!

Actually for all brands, the price is more or less controlled, not only for Sony. If you guys can gather your orders, maybe can just talk to Florence (MS Color) to see if you can get a better deal. All these fairs will only give you more (in my opinion useless and doesn't cost much) freebies. I would rather forego them and get to use my cam earlier.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So how many people buying here? I am interested too. Probably getting the A300 ;p

Hmmm... seems like there are quite a few ppl interested in getting the A300 or A350 at the coming PC show. I think we should start a A300/350 pool and see how many are interested. I'll start 1st!

Alpha 350
1. Seeto

Alpha 300

Extras Battery
1. Seeto

Vertical Grip
1. Seeto

IT show is rarely a good place to get. You pay the full price and get freebies you would never buy anyway. Best to just go to MS Color and ask Florence for a good bundle.

IT show is rarely a good place to get. You pay the full price and get freebies you would never buy anyway. Best to just go to MS Color and ask Florence for a good bundle.

That is the other option. I just want to see what the PC show has to offer. Just keeping my options open... If the freebies are just some cleaning kits.. then forget it... But if the freebies are things like memory cards... then that's worth something...

Otherwise, we can get the pool of ppl and head to MS colour! haha!!

I'm sharing my tots on the A200 & A350. Cos the previous show my bro bought the A300 & I bought the A200. I wld say the main diff is the pricing, sensor resolution & the tiltable screen.

At first I wanted to get the A350 as well, but in the end I bought A200 because I find the tiltable screen not really useful for me cos it's slightly protruding when I'm putting my cheek against it while using the viewfinder. So I find it a little uncomfortable. (no offends to A350 users)

Secondly I don't really need the extra 4MP. Haha, so I might as well save up the $300 for my CZ Lens.

Just to mention the freebies that I got the previous round. (Dry box, Original Alpha Leather Case, extra original battery, 2 x SONY 4GB MS DUO PRO, Large Tripod, Cleaning Kit, Screen Protector)

wah... quite a good deal on the freebies ah?
just the original battery and the alpha leather case is going to cost quite a bit of $$$ already...
i bought my battery at $94 alone!

I'm sharing my tots on the A200 & A350. Cos the previous show my bro bought the A300 & I bought the A200. I wld say the main diff is the pricing, sensor resolution & the tiltable screen.

At first I wanted to get the A350 as well, but in the end I bought A200 because I find the tiltable screen not really useful for me cos it's slightly protruding when I'm putting my cheek against it while using the viewfinder. So I find it a little uncomfortable. (no offends to A350 users)

Secondly I don't really need the extra 4MP. Haha, so I might as well save up the $300 for my CZ Lens.

Just to mention the freebies that I got the previous round. (Dry box, Original Alpha Leather Case, extra original battery, 2 x SONY 4GB MS DUO PRO, Large Tripod, Cleaning Kit, Screen Protector)

Ya lor, that's why even after that the price of A200 kit drops to $999. I still feel that I never lugi or regret buying! LoLx, anyway the Sony dealer for the previous time was Lucky Centre. Not sure abt this time ard.

I'll like to buy the Vetical Battery Grip this PC Show, anyone wanna get the camera but not the Battery Grip can help me out? :)

good deal ah... at that show we sold the 350 so fast until sold out, in the end kena black face by customers... haha!
i remember there was a $100 accessories voucher that was given to customers that was to be used outside the show, can use that for your v.grips...

good deal ah... at that show we sold the 350 so fast until sold out, in the end kena black face by customers... haha!
i remember there was a $100 accessories voucher that was given to customers that was to be used outside the show, can use that for your v.grips...

that was a lens voucher

a $100 lens voucher for a minimum price of $500 of lens.
HK still cheaper.

Alpha 350
1. Seeto

Alpha 300
1. LiveEscape

Extras Battery
1. Seeto
2. LiveEscape

Vertical Grip
1. Seeto

I'm afraid I cannot be on the list as I already bought an A200 today. Impulsive? Yes...

Knowing my luck, the price will drop in 2 days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.