Slider Users Gathering #3 (non users welcomed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AReality said:
OT a bit...
How much is a 5R sized lightbox & a cheap loupe?
& where can i get them without getting chopped?
the loupe what magnification is enough for 35mm? thanks...

$40 can get one cheap lightbox, cheap lupe about $25+/- both at Cathay Photo. What magnification? See yourself loh, for viewing only just use your 50mm, for inspection of details use 10x or more.

they still got stocks of sensia 400 at cp, but no more sensia100. duno when come in

AReality said:
OT a bit...
How much is a 5R sized lightbox & a cheap loupe?
& where can i get them without getting chopped?
the loupe what magnification is enough for 35mm? thanks...
Do remember... if you want cheap, you can't complain about quality. Look at the difference between the cheap and more expensive loupe before putting your money down. The difference is way way different from that of L lens (if you're a Canon user) vs non-L. Of course, the disparity in price is similarly far apart too.

The difference may not be as obvious for a light box, but there's still a difference between those which are daylight corrected and those that aren't.

Thanks all...
I'll go down to CP tomorrow to have a look...

BTW, if I wanna see the whole 35mm frame under a loupe, what magnification should I get? Any brand/type u'd like to recommend? As cheap as possible.

AReality said:
Thanks all...
I'll go down to CP tomorrow to have a look...

BTW, if I wanna see the whole 35mm frame under a loupe, what magnification should I get? Any brand/type u'd like to recommend? As cheap as possible.

I bought mine set for 90 bucks i think... comes with the lightbox, about 4R sized (fits 6 mounted slides) and an 8x PEAK loupe from CP of course..:)

Just an update for slides users. Ruby today told me the price of slides developing is now $4.50 as Spectra do not develop anymore (think the boss retiring, tired?). It will be a lab using Kodak chemicals, still 2 days waiting time. Pushing/pulling wise all along have, now still have. So long you push/pull the film, it will be $7.50 per roll regardless of the number of stops you want to push/pull. But I think can pull 1 stop (pushing wise not sure but someone please check I think at least got 2 stops).

Why leh? We still have Konota, FotoHub and the new shop helping ruby mah. I think KT and some shops also can do.

Now then I notice you also have a FX7 :devil: Got time bo? Want to ask you about the SD III setting stuff.

eh, so the cheapest place to develop slides is Ruby ar?? I go to photo finish, the kodak shop, developing is $9!! woo hoo!! =x

For a free loupe, just use a 50mm lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.