Singnet promotion Free ibook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please advise me if there is significant difference between MacOS9 and this new iBook operating system. I had my office loan me a MacOS9 workstation for me to get use to but after 2 hours of play yesterday it seems very though to get use to leh..

Unless this iBook operates differently, I just want to be sure that I will use it before getting this SingNet package.

../azul123

markccm said:
OS9 is very different from OSX.

OSX is in its 3rd generation now.
Cheetah->Panther->Tiger
Thanks.

I guess it's better to see the iBook in action personally, read about Apple mouse in Computer Times today about the single click mouse being archaic.. I agree that most people are so used to right clicking stuff that a single clicking mouse is no use anymore.

../azul123

azul123 said:
Thanks.

I guess it's better to see the iBook in action personally, read about Apple mouse in Computer Times today about the single click mouse being archaic.. I agree that most people are so used to right clicking stuff that a single clicking mouse is no use anymore.

../azul123

u can always attach a usb mouse with 2 buttons & u can still right click.

dun rely too much on these reviews sometimes.
the reviewer may not be very well versed at times. ;)

Joel Lyn said:
well if u look at the ibook they are giving.. 512 ram? and u wanna ps with it? i don think so rite? furthermore, if u really into photography save for a 17 inch, it is a god- send...

ibook cannot burn discsas well, so u gonna upgrade that as well?
Sorry to shatter ur illusion.

The iBook comes with a combo drive. :bsmilie:

And unless u've got a personal caddy, I don't think anyone would want to lug their 17" Powerbook on a trip with them.
The RAM is all but a minor problem. U can easily upgrade the RAM urself unless you do not even know how to use a screwdriver. :)

soma said:
Will do that, i think 1 G is the max for ibook.:lovegrin: But addition $270:sweat:
Correction: Its 1.5GB

Go SLS and hunt around for a SO-DIMM RAM and DIY.

jsbn said:
Correction: Its 1.5GB

Go SLS and hunt around for a SO-DIMM RAM and DIY.
Eh... Macs are pretty choosy about RAMs. If it's not compatible, you're in for trouble.

espn said:
Eh... Macs are pretty choosy about RAMs. If it's not compatible, you're in for trouble.
so whats the advise for the brand of the ram and the cost ? i was thinking to max it out ... thanks :)

Currently using TwinMos. Read elsewhere, Hynix is compatible too. Cost is about $300+. I think the new iBooks run off 333Mhz rams. Don't get the wrong one!

espn said:
iBook so fussy?

Dunno leh. I used Kingston for my iMac. Upped it to max 1GB. No sweat. :)

I guess they dun make thingz da way they used to. :(

Heard that due to overwhelming response, the ibook promotion is over.

Just checked at singnet site and the ibook is not offered as free gift anymore!!!

lucky i manage to get hold of my voucher last night ... actually plan to go sign up today lucky i am not late !

S11loop said:
lucky i manage to get hold of my voucher last night ... actually plan to go sign up today lucky i am not late !
Anyone got extra voucher?

Ecclesiasm said:
Any idea if it's Tiger OS on the free ibook? :dunno:
All new Apple machines you buy comes with 10.4. Even if it's 10.3 there will be 10.4 upgrade disc included in the packages.

Check the box, if the box has the dashboard icon, it comes with 10.4 preinstalled, if it doesn't, it has 10.3 preinstalled, you'll need to upgrade to 10.4 yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.