Singnet promotion Free ibook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zod said:
$88 x 36 = $3168

12" 1.33GHz iBook = $1788
Wireless mouse = $98

after minus off the ibook price, you are paying $36.11 per month for a 10Mbps unlimited ADSL connection

reminds me of the good old days when i was paying $35 per month for cable trial

now if you calculate this way, it's not 'free ibook' already.

Singnet told me can collect the ibook today liao :)

dreamseeker said:
Only downside, if within the 36months Singnet lower price plan or got new promo then :cry: :bheart: :thumbsd: :eek: ;(
There is a clause saying that the rate $88 is valid only for 3 months and the rest of the 33 months will be based on the prevailing rate ... it can be anything, but definately not less than $88. If they firm the price at $88 for 36 months then I think this is a good deal coz we are paying $58-88 monthly for starhub.

Canonised said:
There is a clause saying that the rate $88 is valid only for 3 months and the rest of the 33 months will be based on the prevailing rate ... it can be anything, but definately not less than $88. If they firm the price at $88 for 36 months then I think this is a good deal coz we are paying $58-88 monthly for starhub.
'Promotional rates apply for the first 3/36 months, afterwhich standard prices prevailing at the expiry of the promotional rates"

It means it's either 3 or 36 mths, based on the plan u choose. If u choose the 3-mth contract, u pay $88 for 3 mths. If u choose the 36-mth contract, u pay $88 for 36 mths.

AReality said:
It means it's either 3 or 36 mths, based on the plan u choose. If u choose the 3-mth contract, u pay $88 for 3 mths. If u choose the 36-mth contract, u pay $88 for 36 mths.

It also means that if you do not renew or upgrade/downgrade your plan after the contract period, they will continue to charge you the rates that your are currently paying. They will not automatically switch you to the current "cheaper" offer (if any). I was caught for a few months in that situation when my 2 yr contract expired and was still paying about S$75 for 512K unlimited surfing (believe it or not?) ....

Just signed up for this ibook deal lase week already ... now waiting for my i book (they said can collect only after 20Aug) ... My rationale - Don't take it that you are getting the ibook FREE ... Think of it as buying the ibook on a 36mths interest free installment plan and the other $35++ as subscription for the internet. I think its quite cheap for 10Mbps Unlimited connection

RDDs

djork said:
now if you calculate this way, it's not 'free ibook' already.
You are spot on, it is not free, but the subscription of Unlimited ADSL access with 10Mbps download sure looks cheap if paying $36.11 per month for 36months.

This has got me thinking about the offer, but had attempted using Apple many years back.. did not quite like the filing system or me not savvy enough using Apple and switch back to WIN very quickly. I think it was less than 2 weeks using it.

Is it really user friendly now or dummy friendly (refering to me). Worry that it will be the same thing and iBook will be left collecting dust.

../azul123

macintosh sure is much more easier to use...than a PC.:) It's just intuitive. When i work on my PC, more often than not, i find my self working the "Mac" way, by attempting to use the expose function:bsmilie:

zod said:
$88 x 36 = $3168

12" 1.33GHz iBook = $1788
Wireless mouse = $98

after minus off the ibook price, you are paying $36.11 per month for a 10Mbps unlimited ADSL connection

reminds me of the good old days when i was paying $35 per month for cable trial

good calculation .. in a way I see it as a good buy if I dun have contract with singnet now .. now paying $58 for 1500kbps ...

they have vested interest .. hence the 36 mths contract ...

Great answer and $ planing. Thank you!! :thumbsup:

I signed up for the 10mps plan about 3 weeks back and after a lot of to and fro, it was finally determined that my area is not 10mps ready, all they could offer me was a 3.5mps plan, which is not worth it considering the price difference was minimal. Ended up with the 1.5mps plan while keeping the free gifts that came along with the 10mps plan... not the ibook, LCD screen and DVD-RW player/recorder. Nice!

Thumbs up to the nice folks at Singnet Sales!

not worth because its just a roundabout method of paying for broadband and the laptop

might as well buy a new ibook hehe

Current rates for 512k ADSL Unlimited access without contract is around $75 per month, considering the difference is marginal, I say it is worth...

Take it as you pay a little more than a 512K ADLS Unlimited and get an iBook, that is how I would look at it.

../azul123

going to sign the plan in awhile :) Anyone knows where to get the voucher to redeem the wireless mouse?

Cheers~

Just redeemed my ibook from apple funan, it comes with the wireless mouse too! :)

koolz said:
Just redeemed my ibook from apple funan, it comes with the wireless mouse too! :)

Hi Koolz,
How was the configuration? What program came alone with it?? Can wait to go get mine.:lovegrin:

If anybody doesn't want the BT mouse... I don't mind taking over... heehee.

photo said:
If anybody doesn't want the BT mouse... I don't mind taking over... heehee.

I don't mind taking over the heavier of all, the ibook.:bsmilie: :lovegrin:

soma said:
Hi Koolz,
How was the configuration? What program came alone with it?? Can wait to go get mine.:lovegrin:
Should be Tiger, iLife '05, standard.

well if u look at the ibook they are giving.. 512 ram? and u wanna ps with it? i don think so rite? furthermore, if u really into photography save for a 17 inch, it is a god- send...

ibook cannot burn discsas well, so u gonna upgrade that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.