-Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
-Two Low Dispersion Elements
-Super Multi-Layer Coating
-Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
-Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
-TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
-Compatible with Sigma USB Dock

The Ultimate Portrait Lens
Delivering the ultimate in creative expression, the new Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art lens is engineered to support the highest resolution sensors on the market with an exceptional degree of sharpness. The high-performance optical system is purpose-built by Sigma R&D to produce the attractive bokeh effect sought after by discerning photographers. The lens’ advanced architecture features two SLD (special low dispersion) glass elements and one glass element with a high rate of anomalous partial dispersion and refraction. A re-engineered AF system brings 1.3X the torque of its predecessor, while other features such as a full-time manual focus override have been added, which can be controlled when the focus ring is rotated, even during continuous AF. 

The Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens supports Canon, Nikon and Sigma mounts. The Nikon mounts feature a brand new electromagnetic diaphragm.

The Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art lens will be available in late October and retails for a recommended street price of $1199.00 USD.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/85mm-f14-dg-hsm-a

haaa yes its here!

but too big! 86mm filter thread.... bigger longer heavier than the canon 85L....

It's Here!

-Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
-Two Low Dispersion Elements
-Super Multi-Layer Coating
-Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
-Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
-TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
-Compatible with Sigma USB Dock

The Ultimate Portrait Lens
Delivering the ultimate in creative expression, the new Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art lens is engineered to support the highest resolution sensors on the market with an exceptional degree of sharpness. The high-performance optical system is purpose-built by Sigma R&D to produce the attractive bokeh effect sought after by discerning photographers. The lens’ advanced architecture features two SLD (special low dispersion) glass elements and one glass element with a high rate of anomalous partial dispersion and refraction. A re-engineered AF system brings 1.3X the torque of its predecessor, while other features such as a full-time manual focus override have been added, which can be controlled when the focus ring is rotated, even during continuous AF. 

The Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens supports Canon, Nikon and Sigma mounts. The Nikon mounts feature a brand new electromagnetic diaphragm.

The Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art lens will be available in late October and retails for a recommended street price of $1199.00 USD.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/85mm-f14-dg-hsm-a

Stock in ....anyone bought it? Can share some photos?

looks heavy and big :D

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 ART Bokeh Quality Examination

[video=youtube;Gi5vKsPc-Ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5vKsPc-Ks[/video]

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 ART Resolution and Image Quality

[video=youtube;wdKkgs-DapE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdKkgs-DapE[/video]

Looks good, I just received the B+W86mm filter, now waiting for client to pay me so I can get the lens itself :bsmilie:

Looks good, I just received the B+W86mm filter, now waiting for client to pay me so I can get the lens itself :bsmilie:

did you get another 86mm lens cap? I have issues with Sigma lens cap, always drop out.
Now I give up and get another lens cap for sigma glass I have and keep the original sigma lens cap.

I haven't get the lens yet, I waiting for kaching to go into my bank first. I'll let you know if I have to, luckily eBay is cheap, just that got to wait super long. But by right shouldn't need to right? I have the 35mm art and I use the original cap with B+W and Kenko filter

I haven't get the lens yet, I waiting for kaching to go into my bank first. I'll let you know if I have to, luckily eBay is cheap, just that got to wait super long. But by right shouldn't need to right? I have the 35mm art and I use the original cap with B+W and Kenko filter

By right there is no need. :D
By left, I have issues putting on and sometimes the cap came loose and drop out in the bag.
Later I gave up and got another cap and keep the sigma cap in the box. :D

May I ask are you using the XS or the F?

$B+W-Mrc-camera-filters.jpg

Last edited:
By right la, but not always the case mah hahaha! Hopefully no need, can save a dollar plus from buying on eBay XD but we'll see how sometime in Jan when I should be able to buy. I'm using the F, got it relatively cheap on Amazon

By right la, but not always the case mah hahaha! Hopefully no need, can save a dollar plus from buying on eBay XD but we'll see how sometime in Jan when I should be able to buy. I'm using the F, got it relatively cheap on Amazon

Do share with us your experience!

Thanks for the recommendation. I shall get the F and save some pennies.... :D

I will, once I get it, probably as a new year's gift to myself, new lens, new photos instead of "new year, new me" ;) XD

You're welcome! Should start sharing photos here to poison people, then maybe can pick up second hand ones for cheap instead wahahahah! Hoping they'll come up with zoom trinity so I can switch all my Nikkor lenses to Sigma art lenses, but then I won't qualify for NPS anymore

Cool! the 12-24mm f4 is out liaoz, hope the next would be the 24-70, 70-200 duet. and then the 14-24mm f2.8. Woo hoo!

Happy New Year in advance!

New Year, New Glass, New Photos! Yeah!
Shall start saving up for my 85mm lens fund. :D

Just got the lens 2 weekends ago. The image quality is superb. The CA mentioned by Dustin Abbott or others wasn't really that noticeable, if you don't view at 100%. The weight needs getting used to, makes a lot of difference to my usual camera bag.

Cool! the 12-24mm f4 is out liaoz, hope the next would be the 24-70, 70-200 duet. and then the 14-24mm f2.8. Woo hoo!

Happy New Year in advance!

New Year, New Glass, New Photos! Yeah!
Shall start saving up for my 85mm lens fund. :D

Indeed! But even then I don't I'll change until my gears stop working, then I'll look at the trinity art zooms (if they ever come out hahaha!) You haven't buy yet?! Huat ah! Happy new year in advance, and merry x'mas!

Just got the lens 2 weekends ago. The image quality is superb. The CA mentioned by Dustin Abbott or others wasn't really that noticeable, if you don't view at 100%. The weight needs getting used to, makes a lot of difference to my usual camera bag.

Good to hear, I think generally modern lenses are not so obvious, and normally no one will pay attention or will purposely zoom in 100% or have their face an inch from a print to look at a photo. Lightroom and other editors will improve so over time, image degradation will be minimal, no worries about it that's for sure. It's 1kg plus? Would be interesting to have it in my hands to feel. I've been shooting with m43 so often lately, switching back to my Nikon gear, everything feels heavy, but I think I've just gotten lazy :bsmilie: