Share some MF photos ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this man before, can't recall where though ... does he have a shop at Peninsula ?

2539317906_507d70cd54.jpg

wanna buy a tripod? .... Jack of benphoto. :)

Seagull 4A-109 Agfa APX 100 VC meter - 1/15s @ f3.5

agfa isolette l.this was my test roll thus very bad framing and exposure.haven really got to know the camera well enough haha

2541141382_a101335d92.jpg

2538463072_20fbca4006.jpg

nice to know you're getting to know it better :)

All from Hassy 503CW, 180mm:

Provia 400X
f/4 dof test - from brim of hat, to left eye, and right ...
kseniya-080531-2-cs.jpg

This is at a bridge near Fullerton Hotel, the colors in the background are actually curious onlookers.
carlee-080531-2-cs.jpg

Ilford Delta 400
priscilla-080731-2-cs.jpg

This is with a Hasselblad 2x Mutar extension lens + 180mm, Kodak Tmax 400, subject about 50 meters away.
I just love these close-up and zoom extensions of Hasselblad and Rollei, high quality.
manmachine-080531-1-cs.jpg

I still prefer you to have model's face turned to you with eyes contact... and can see more of her legs ..... :) not sure if you omitted the legs to reduce 'distration', but certainly the picture will be more interesting if it makes me move my eyes from her face to the legs and back to face again .... hee hee ;) Still, a great shoot nevertheless!

I like the second picture by Clubgrit.... makes my eyes move between the 'button' and the face, and the blurred colour patch balanced the picture! Wonderful picture.

Clubrig, I find your B&W shots more 'colourful' and punchy.

I still prefer you to have model's face turned to you with eyes contact... and can see more of her legs ..... not sure if you omitted the legs to reduce 'distration', but certainly the picture will be more interesting if it makes me move my eyes from her face to the legs and back to face again .... hee hee Still, a great shoot nevertheless!

I like the second picture by Clubgrit.... makes my eyes move between the 'button' and the face, and the blurred colour patch balanced the picture! Wonderful picture.

Clubrig, I find your B&W shots more 'colourful' and punchy.

hee hee... me no critic... but I will "try" to elaborate myself why I like this pic...

First of all.. the mei mei is very very sweet... to the point of innocent. Most of the model shoot I've seen are young girls posing. Some done pretty professionally, some done... like by junior college boys. This pic looks like a junior college girl taken by a young photographer gentleman.

Anyway, I believe most people do model shoot following some principals, like eye contact some pose, chest up, no chop off hands... after a while, a model shoot becomes like a model shoot. Which we would expect from the usual... anything deviate would become non-standard and to some people... unacceptable.

This particular shot is slightly different. I am not sure whether this mei mei is posing for a shoot, but the fact that I don't get to see too much of her... makes me really wish to be at the location & at that time to see her. It leaves me to alot of imagination. I beat myself if I have known about this photoshoot and have missed it.

Plus the location... (I am an outdoor person) with the sunlight and the green, makes me feel like holding her hand and drag her to the sea and go for a dip.... I presume she is near the beach, otherwise, it's pretty weird to bear bikini in botanical gardens.

Clubgrit pics are really nice. Technically perfect. Models are very attractive and sometimes he uses special tools like "X-RAY" lenses and "some fanciful devices"... :bsmilie: (is it how he make the "button" shots!)... Which to very much extend.. attract a more matured group of audiences.

To me, I would say, how a photographer photos, speaks how he sees things. There is no one perfect way to represent any picture. Through a lens, we see what we want to see and tell the world a story what we want the world to know. :)

BTW, Jonathon, your lens is in. :) You can also pick up the 180/f4 & the 40/f2 AiS along the way... :bsmilie:

Well, thanks for the discussions :)

For me, there are no rules except my own, whatever looks pleasing to me ... nothing to debate here for me.

It's all a matter of taste and preferences. Like I have a picture on Flickr with 10,000+ views, but marked as a favorite only about 300+ times. And another picture with 800+ views, and already faved 150+ times. Obviously, people have differences ... some prefer rangefinders, many prefer dslrs, some like TLRs, different tastes in women :), etc. To quote The Cranberries - "No Need To Argue" ...

And then for the photographer, there is the matter of the target audience. I would never put these women pictures in certain Flickr groups I am a member of like German Expressionist theme "Das Kabinett", or progressive art theme "Spittin' Shells", all these "normal" pics here will be out of place and will be rejected, and it will appear like I don't know what I am doing.

At any rate, keep on shooting .... hopefully MF :thumbsup: :cool:

And here is one not technically correct, but it was designed to be so to fit a target audience:
Rolleiflex
2518832995_850bcb4e38.jpg

Something more personal with more meaning only to me :) ...
Hasselblad, 150mm, with flash
705492947_81d2507de4.jpg

Agree with chiif... Nice pic from jonathan_wong. The model's pose looks natural to me and ofcos the nice smile. Sweet.

Clubgrit, u are really a master....

Your pics and processing are amazing but can I ask.. U shoot these pics for certain targeted audience????

My point of view.. If they were to be sold as print, they must be ofcos.

Not really, no master lah ... I am inspired by many artists, some at Flickr, notably Gary Isaacs, his photostream below. Not for everyone for sure, but one of my gurus. And most of it is on film, many polaroids ... In one of the testimonials to his work, I like the one given by tetradite .

Gary Isaacs

And many others ... Brett Walker, Quizz (uses point and shoot, and later dslr), Mexadrian (uses Leica M), etc., check them out ...

Targeted audience, sometimes, yes. For example, in Flickr, a great place to learn, expand one's horizons, and appreciate all kinds of pics (you know since you have a Flickr account). There is no point to post a pic in a certain group if it does not fit the mould, it will be like spamming ... there are some pictures with crossover appeal though ...

Your pics and processing are amazing but can I ask.. U shoot these pics for certain targeted audience????

Not really, no master lah ... I am inspired by many artists, some at Flickr, notably Gary Isaacs, his photostream below. Not for everyone for sure, but one of my gurus. And most of it is on film ... In one of the testimonials to his work, I like the one given by tetradite .

Gary Isaacs

very distinctive. i couldnt reproduce his kind of style, but it's always a source of inspiration for me. :)

I agree with you. Clubgrit your shots are awesome! I'm inspired to learn and shoot more protraits :D

Not really, no master lah ... I am inspired by many artists, some at Flickr, notably Gary Isaacs, his photostream below. Not for everyone for sure, but one of my gurus. And most of it is on film, many polaroids ... In one of the testimonials to his work, I like the one given by tetradite .

Gary Isaacs

Wooo... most of the pictures look like some painting! Lovely! :heart:

How does he develop pictures like this? U mean NO photoshop at all??? :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.