Sentosa Flowers 2011 (3-13 Feb)

Snoweagle said:
Yupz will have to take more time to shoot and cover everything today. In fact as I'm posting now, I'm already in NE line to harbourfront, but will go have breakfast first.

Hopefully can at least beat the later crowd.

Hey man, worse case scenario is go in at 8am.
I know of someone who did that and he had the luxury to shoot without much interference.

Yes it will be lighted as it should open till at least 9pm.But do not expect the lightings to really showcase the your shots.Plants/flowers shots are ideally for day shootings,if going by the norm.
And, for added info,the new Sentosa Boardwalk,the link from Vivocity to Sentosa just alongside the existing bridge,will be open this Saturday, 29th Jan.
Should be very nice for night scenes photography.Dont miss.
Public should be able to stroll through daily till night for free without actually entering Sentosa if you dont want to pay the entrance fee.
And there will be flowers, plants as well lining this new Boardwalk in conjunction with Sentosa Flowers 2011.

So the bridge is opened? I've not been to sentosa for ages alr.
Any one to assist me with infor.

Is it free?

So the bridge is opened? I've not been to sentosa for ages alr.
Any one to assist me with infor.

Is it free?

The bridge has been opened since last month, walking on it is free but at the end of the bridge is the toll gate.
Entrance to Sentosa through it is $1.

Holyyy~~~ was really thinking of going there... but after the pics of the crowds. Think ill just stay at home...

Oh please do update us on the crowd...

Crowd still similar and i feel that today got a little more people due to being a weekend too. Shot from 9+ to 4+ until it started to rain so went back to Vivo and shot Spring at VivoCity.

Other than earning nearly 500 pics, i also got a sunburn! :sweatsm:

Hey man, worse case scenario is go in at 8am.
I know of someone who did that and he had the luxury to shoot without much interference.

When i reached the boardwalk just over 9am, i managed to get gd shots around the boardwalk as the number of people are not many. Even the entrance area have no queue at all.

Today (Sat.) not much Q too! Banglas also not that much. I reached there around 1pm. Just too bad about 5pm pour a little then stop around half an hour later. This year the flowers not that much. Looking forward for next year (Dragon year!) hope will be better. GONG Xi FA CAi... Huat Arrr...!!! CHEERs!!! :bsmilie:

Hey picatso, so how was your shots there?

Everyone remember to submit pictures for the competition.
Who knows who might win a prize or two, could be you, you or even you over there.

Who knows who might win a prize or two, could be you, you or even you over there.
like what i said that day...all thats needed is everything in right place and everyone in tune with the composition. Now how hard can it be. ;)

Too many pple..

The ones who really benefit are the shops and businesses. Photographers can't really get nice clean shots easily and everywhere need to squeeze and queue so not fun for family outings too..

Maybe that's why many noticed that most visitors are workers, tourists.. instead of local Singaporean families.

They probably figured that the Sentosa flowers are not meant for them to enjoy but for the foreign workers and tourists.

Haha...I delete many photos away..I brought tripod but didn't got the chance to use it...lol...
I only have 18-200mm lens...So i use that to shoot only..

Haha...I delete many photos away..I brought tripod but didn't got the chance to use it...lol...
I only have 18-200mm lens...So i use that to shoot only..

18-200mm is still ok since you can crop the pictures but having a tripod helps when the lighting is low.
Can zoom in on the flowers like a macro lens (almost). ;p

Here's my contribution to the recce trip on fri. Going there again this mon with Florence76.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41121&id=100000371282574&l=f98c680bdf

18-200mm is still ok since you can crop the pictures but having a tripod helps when the lighting is low.
Can zoom in on the flowers like a macro lens (almost). ;p

Here's my contribution to the recce trip on fri. Going there again this mon with Florence76.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41121&id=100000371282574&l=f98c680bdf

Feel like getting a macro lens, how is Canon EF100mm f/2.8? I want a good yet affordable lens...

By the way, here's my contribution as a beginner...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=277044&id=774734087&l=8bbe369aec

the photos look perfectly ok considering it is not a macro lens.
interesting pano btw.

the 100mm macro is great, provided you know what you are doing :)

Last edited:
Wah, my jaw drop down liao. Very nice color tones. :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:I think yours is nice got macro better...by the way what setup did u do? And what lens and u used for this outing?

:think: Will Mon still be crowded ?

:bsmilie:I think yours is nice got macro better...by the way what setup did u do? And what lens and u used for this outing?

Thanks for the comment but I'm always a sucker for rich tones (your pictures).
I use a micro four third GH1 camera, 45mm(90mm) macro lens and tripod (very important).
Onboard flash with art-and-craft translucent board for some shots, but most of the time they are natural lighting.

dayot got a few nice shots too but I was almost convinced that it was a makan shoot instead. :D

:think: Will Mon still be crowded ?
Yilin, let me tell you when I reach there tomorrow morning.
Going with Florence76 for second round since we missed carrot land and my tulips. :(