Self-Assembled PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.. things seem to be taking a turn for the worse. My CPU now got those 'resonance' sound in addition to the loud compressor sound. The pitch is getting higher too. :sweat::sweat::sweat:

shiok... built in vibrator...

but probably thats the Fan, if ever the CPU makes a sound, its probably a big POP esp if its running without a heatsink & fan.

hi, what is a recommended graphic card/s for general gaming purpose? what about the recommended ram for the same purpose? tks. i am using Dell Dimension 4700.
appreciate your feedback. tks.

appreciate your feedback. tks.
Budget?

You can try the EAH 4850. Your comp uses PC4300 (533MHz) which is quite hard to find nowadays I think. Your hardware can only support up to 4GB (max your comp can handle). No point going to a 64bit system at this point now unless you plan to upgrade your hardware.

Last edited:
For boards that support DDR II 533 Mhz RAMs should have no problem running DDR II 667Mhz RAMs as well since the board will automatically run it at 533Mhz.

Budget?

You can try the EAH 4850. Your comp uses PC4300 (533MHz) which is quite hard to find nowadays I think. Your hardware can only support up to 4GB (max your comp can handle). No point going to a 64bit system at this point now unless you plan to upgrade your hardware.

his can put PCIEx16?

reason why i hate those integrated sets from Dell, HP, etc... inflexibility to upgrade, cos their PSU probably just enuff to run the basic stuff. Then the mobo is made in a way, it prevents upgrades other than its recommended items.

So you're basically stuck with the set until its EOL.

Even if he can put in a 4850 into the mobo, he also have to change the PSU.

For boards that support DDR II 533 Mhz RAMs should have no problem running DDR II 667Mhz RAMs as well since the board will automatically run it at 533Mhz.

kinda short changed... lol... since 800 same price with 667, might as well chiong all the way...

but have to see the mobo & firmware able to even take 800 or not.

his can put PCIEx16?

reason why i hate those integrated sets from Dell, HP, etc... inflexibility to upgrade, cos their PSU probably just enuff to run the basic stuff. Then the mobo is made in a way, it prevents upgrades other than its recommended items.

So you're basically stuck with the set until its EOL.

Even if he can put in a 4850 into the mobo, he also have to change the PSU.
Can... Its written in the documentation. But the PSU 305W only ley!! LOL! How like that??

I wouldn't recommended mixing different RAMs together so if you plan to get more RAM, your current RAM will just be another white elephant.

BTW, reachme2003, I think its EOL for you.

Psst... Have you considered buying a Mac instead? :lovegrin:

Last edited:
time for a new pc then? :bsmilie:

my friend bought a new dell XPS 420 desktop and he's had to change is stock PSU to a 550W one to accomodate the 4870 Gfx. but i think now dell more flexible. last time use custom motherboards lagi worse.

Can... Its written in the documentation. But the PSU 305W only ley!! LOL! How like that??

I wouldn't recommended mixing different RAMs together so if you plan to get more RAM, your current RAM will just be another white elephant.

BTW, reachme2003, I think its EOL for you.

Psst... Have you considered buying a Mac instead? :lovegrin:

now then u know... the PSU always the suckiest on these systems, hence cannot overclock, cannot run high end graphics... unless workstation.

time for a new pc then? :bsmilie:

my friend bought a new dell XPS 420 desktop and he's had to change is stock PSU to a 550W one to accomodate the 4870 Gfx. but i think now dell more flexible. last time use custom motherboards lagi worse.

cos no game can run on integrated graphics card anymore... and imagine an integrated 4870... lol... 2 jumbo heatsink on the mobo... :bsmilie:

[vid]x7x1nS1bqC8[/vid]

for fanboy purposes... they should start making twin coolers that look like the kamen rider v3 henshin belt

hmm.. jumbo heatsink.. :think: is it recommended to get aftermarket coolers/fan for the CPU? like some self built ones, so many fans inside.

Anybody using AMD CPU... I have been using AMD and I usually save a few hundred $$$$

More Ram on board, faster HD, faster graphic card, sufficient PSU.. all contribute the speed of the system! Have enough of cooling system for the box.... fanciful LED will draw away the power for the CPU and the rest of the cards!

I've been using AMD exclusively since 1997.

12 years on non-intel processor ownership. :thumbsup:

hmm.. jumbo heatsink.. :think: is it recommended to get aftermarket coolers/fan for the CPU? like some self built ones, so many fans inside.

I seriously find no point in jamming a computer full of fans. Most of my builds use 4 fans at MOST... The quietest one ( basically the HTPC in the living room ) only has 2 fans.

Aftermarket coolers? Well if you can justify the idea of spending for dropping temperatures, by all means, go ahead. I have not bothered with anything aftermarket because I rather buy more harddisks and ram than some fancy metal structure. LOL.

Unless you have a fetish for fans and case modding, I don't see any point in getting one. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.