Self-Assembled PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys I off topic. Apology

Is there such a thing Self-Assembled Mac ?
Possible?

In fact, now MAC runs on Intel technology, so if you are able to get a legal licensed copy of OSX, and if you have a Intel Duo machine at minimum, you can install OSX and run it like a MAC.

Otherwise, if you want the sleek design of a MAC and customised it, you can do it like Del_CtrlnoAlt mentioned. The cost will start blowing up once you start adding stuffs in.

Quad? You running a video production house mate?

Such awesome listing there. Big production going on?

nah, I'm going to run 3 other virtual machines in them (2 are Oracle databases), hence the 16GB ram and two monitors :D.

The machine initially serves as my lab machine where I'm going to test/study systems. I figured since I was getting a new machine, I'd bundle it up with a gaming card so that my son can use it for playing while I'm in the office. Although I heard that the Core 2 Duo performs better for gaming :cry: but I have to stick to my quad for my VMs :(

Thanks for the tips on the casing and the cooling components!

Last edited:
nah, I'm going to run 3 other virtual machines in them (2 are Oracle databases), hence the 16GB ram and two monitors :D.

The machine initially serves as my lab machine where I'm going to test/study systems. I figured since I was getting a new machine, I'd bundle it up with a gaming card so that my son can use it for playing while I'm in the office. Although I heard that the Core 2 Duo performs better for gaming :cry: but I have to stick to my quad for my VMs :(

Thanks for the tips on the casing and the cooling components!
Have you considered getting an Intel Xeon instead?

I've been using AMD exclusively since 1997.

12 years on non-intel processor ownership. :thumbsup:

Wow. I am a user of AMD for that long too but will be switching to Intel in about a month's time. While my bro is still staying on AMD. :)

Core i7 more for gaming la boss...and pricey too...

who say 1... ppl say Core 2 Duo more for gaming, Quad Core more for 'business'... so Core i7 is super business liao lor...

cos Core i7 = Quad Core + Hyperthreading = 8 Core lookalike... :thumbsup:

I say one!

I believe it varies from users and I personally feel that we humans cannot keep up with the technologies anyway.

I had friends who used iCore7 solely for his work production. Sound, film and animation. Some also have an iMac and Macbook Pro to go with.

While I'm building my workstation around the specs of a gaming specs. :think:

I believe it varies from users and I personally feel that we humans cannot keep up with the technologies anyway.

I had friends who used iCore7 solely for his work production. Sound, film and animation. Some also have an iMac and Macbook Pro to go with.

While I'm building my workstation around the specs of a gaming specs. :think:

in office i use Quad Core... 4GB 800 ram, then i run xp 32bit...

at home... i use i7... 6gb 1600 ram... then run mainly xp 32bit... lol... joke of the century cos most of my software is still there, lazy to port over to xp 64 esp the lack of driver and windows 7 still beta, vista 64 major disappointment... haiz...

i simply dun get it... i ran windows 7 x64 beta on my laptop. super speed... almost godlike... never knew my system can be so smooth... then due to driver issues, i had to remove it and install vista x64 ultimate... then its slow, nevermind that... there is like so many things in the background like a bloatware. can see CPU utilisation flicker fast speed between 50-80% and 0-5%... and the system heats up alot, hence battery life becomes shorter compared to windows 7...

same system, different response... dunno y...

in office i use Quad Core... 4GB 800 ram, then i run xp 32bit...

at home... i use i7... 6gb 1600 ram... then run mainly xp 32bit... lol... joke of the century cos most of my software is still there, lazy to port over to xp 64 esp the lack of driver and windows 7 still beta, vista 64 major disappointment... haiz...

i simply dun get it... i ran windows 7 x64 beta on my laptop. super speed... almost godlike... never knew my system can be so smooth... then due to driver issues, i had to remove it and install vista x64 ultimate... then its slow, nevermind that... there is like so many things in the background like a bloatware. can see CPU utilisation flicker fast speed between 50-80% and 0-5%... and the system heats up alot, hence battery life becomes shorter compared to windows 7...

same system, different response... dunno y...
OS Leopard... lalalalalala...

Hmm. Looks like Windows 7 might be worth waiting for.

But I kinda want a new PC soon. Oh well. Decisions decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.