SDHC card issues

harky

Jun 24, 2007
Singapore
hi just I was recording video with my quite new hdc-sd700 Panasonic hd cam.. it come to my worst. when it record just for few min.. the whole card went die and screen keep showing card error.. tried with another card no problem ..

do anyone got this problem before?
my brand is kingston brand.

next time you can format your card with the camera body first before use.

but remember to save the photos in that card first as formatting will erase everything on the card

The kingston card write speed must have been too slow ... Very common problem which is why nobody uses kingston for video.

Try sandisk or transcend

sigh...
ya i going to exchange as it really die off, even pc also cannot read.

hmm i bought one is class 6 133x 16gb... reallt a sigh too me

and get another sd card.. sanddisk :{:(

The kingston card write speed must have been too slow ... Very common problem which is why nobody uses kingston for video.

Try sandisk or transcend

Last edited:
i formatted before i start a new one...

next time you can format your card with the camera body first before use.

but remember to save the photos in that card first as formatting will erase everything on the card

hey bro i think you should look for the transfer speed per second of the SD card, transcend Class10 SD has a 20mb/s and Sandisk Class6 already has a 30mb/s.

I heard that kingston SD cards really jialat for the writing speed, its best to look out for other brands.

hey bro i think you should look for the transfer speed per second of the SD card, transcend Class10 SD has a 20mb/s and Sandisk Class6 already has a 30mb/s.

I heard that kingston SD cards really jialat for the writing speed, its best to look out for other brands.

This scares me:eek:...I'm using Kingston, Actually I notice now that all my 3 cards are Kingston:dunno:... but I didn't have any issues. should i change?

This scares me:eek:...I'm using Kingston, Actually I notice now that all my 3 cards are Kingston:dunno:... but I didn't have any issues. should i change?

if it's working fine for you why change? but if it makes you feel better, than get another one or two more cards of a different brand.

i looking at Sandisk SD but than i tot of getting 32gb, but the price will be ex and their warranty only 5yr ;p

my kor say tht Kingston need to exchange few time before u got a gd one ahah

transcend SD i did not really see in SG, the local warranty how ah??

I heard alan photo sell Panasonic sdcard? wonder isit gd a not

2 places to recommend in Funan (as i trust funan more then SLS)

Memory World, they sell Transcend Class10 16gb at 39.90, couldn't remember the rest of the pricing, so just gauge or visit them.

and on just a level lower, theres a computer acces shop whose name I have forgotten, they sell Sandisk Class6 16gb at 37.90.

Personally I regret getting Transcend because I only saw the Sandisk later (somehow I like Sandisk more haha)

Conclusion, just get anything that works as long within budget, you shiok and compatible with your system. Like you I'm on a budget, that's why I hope you could save some money like me.

Rather then buying from high end places like Challenger etc haha.

Disclaimer: I am just a normal consumer with no ties or whatsoever with the brands and shops mentioned above.

anyone know which is gd for video?
20120308145002-55.jpg

or

20120308145002-4.jpg

Last edited:
From what i know, the higjer the class of the SDHC, the better it is for video recording. My advice is to have a SDHC that at least a class 6. Hope this helps! :)

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/cards
Guide to SD/SDHC Camcorder Memory Cards
A Beginner's Guide to Camcorder Bit Rates
http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/Umbra...s/80-11-01704_Rev3_Brochure_Imaging_final.pdf

A more accurate accessment of what memory card to use is to know what bit rate your camera is
capable of as per above link.SD is just a standard for manufacturers to follow but they may not adhere
strictly to guide lines.Competition and cost cutting make them tweak design to get within minimum performance standards hence may result in compatibility and reliability issues.