SBS bus driver kicks me out and . . .

During the incident i didnt even gave her any attitude, i just told her and shown her my ezlink card, but no, she still ask me to leave as i do not have enough cash ( short of 10cents), so i did. i didnt want to make a big argument to delay other commuters in the bus. Alight in will be a much better option than to shout at her or give her a rude attitude . i just said , fine , i get down loh.

no offense meant here, but the level of maturity displayed here when people on the forums disagree with your point of view - that's making me think that perhaps you weren't as "attitude-less" as you thought you were.

In some ways, I don't see in any way,
how the education level or domdomino's employment status has got anything to do with whether the concession rate is applicable to him or not
when he has already clearly stated that he is still schooling and that he happened to be on his way to work.

hi tainted, let me explain my thoughts. I was just trying to establish which category of student the TS belong to by reasoning with myself given that he is a student and he go to work. There are many types of students, and not all types of students enjoy concession fares. (I am 27 and I am still technically a student :bsmilie:, but I have been paying adult fares ever since i step out of JC). So his employment status has got nothing to do with whether the concession rate is applicable to him or not, but which type of institution he is in does matter, hence my questions..

Scenario 1: He is from the either primary school, secondary school, jc or ite. In this case, he would have overpaid. The max child/student fare is 75 cents on a aircon bus by cash if he has a valid concession card.

Scenario 2: He is a student from poly, uni, private school, art school, sports school etc? In this case he would have been subjected to adult fares whether he shows a student pass or not. Notwithstanding the fact that the bus captain could have handled the situation better, he still underpaid (not once, but many occasions). And the onus is on one to pay the correct fees, and not underpay and wait to be discovered and pay the correct fares. Its $20 penalty for underpaying and $50 for misuse of concession pass. Maybe the bus captain could have asked for his particulars and fined him instead of asking him to alight?
http://www.ptc.gov.sg/regulation/penaltyFeeRegulation.htm

Well, I am not making a judgement as to which category he belongs to, just listing out my thoughts on the different possible scenarios. =)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
Now I understand. :bsmilie:
On the otherhand.
That ezlink card sample photo abit winface lol

so effectively, not every tertiary institution will be eligible.

for example, if i study at MDIS.. unfortunately, as of today, i would not be considered a "tertiary student" proper.

this was true as of aug 2009, if there has been changes since then, i don't know.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2009/08/sim-is-private-institution-so-no-fare-concession/

Students from the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts and LaSalle College of the Arts are eligible for the concession card as these institutions are government-aided; whereas students from the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) are not eligible for the concession card, as SIM is a private institution, operating as a commercial entity.

so effectively, not every tertiary institution will be eligible.

for example, if i study at MDIS.. unfortunately, as of today, i would not be considered a "tertiary student" proper.

this was true as of aug 2009, if there has been changes since then, i don't know.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2009/08/sim-is-private-institution-so-no-fare-concession/

So basically as long as its government aided most likely the student studying there will qualify for concession?

hi tainted, let me explain my thoughts. I was just trying to establish which category of student the TS belong to by reasoning with myself given that he is a student and he go to work. There are many types of students, and not all types of students enjoy concession fares. (I am 27 and I am still technically a student :bsmilie:, but I have been paying adult fares ever since i step out of JC). So his employment status has got nothing to do with whether the concession rate is applicable to him or not, but which type of institution he is in does matter, hence my questions..

Scenario 1: He is from the either primary school, secondary school, jc or ite. In this case, he would have overpaid. The max child/student fare is 75 cents on a aircon bus by cash if he has a valid concession card.

Scenario 2: He is a student from poly, uni, private school, art school, sports school etc? In this case he would have been subjected to adult fares whether he shows a student pass or not. Notwithstanding the fact that the bus captain could have handled the situation better, he still underpaid (not once, but many occasions). And the onus is on one to pay the correct fees, and not underpay and wait to be discovered and pay the correct fares. Its $20 penalty for underpaying and $50 for misuse of concession pass. Maybe the bus captain could have asked for his particulars and fined him instead of asking him to alight?
http://www.ptc.gov.sg/regulation/penaltyFeeRegulation.htm

Well, I am not making a judgement as to which category he belongs to, just listing out my thoughts on the different possible scenarios. =)

Oh okay now I get your drift! :bsmilie:
So in some ways they are related!
My school used to have this 40+ year old man studying with us.
I guess he doesn't qualify for concession then right? :bsmilie:

No... The question here is how much faith you want to put in believing the story he said so far. Some may read his side of the event and find there are holes in his version. This would make others doubt his version of the event...

I also find it strange, a student and go to work? Huh? :dunno:

Maybe TS purposely skip school to earn some money from part-time job ba.

now got alot of schools are having break becos of YOG.. including polys.. so why can't TS be a student and working? lol...

sometimes people try to be smart and say like oh his story doesn't make sense..

This is the difference here in CS compared to other forums whereby most Csers are all very negative and always give negative comments and condemn people here in one way or another. Search around and you know what i mean.

What is the use of doing that? That is why many people are not posting here anymore and went to other more friendly forums if you have notice it.

I would think each have their own side of the story and we cannot listen to only 1 party.
really?... has there been a mass exodus of people away from CS due to such "negative" comments from "most Csers"?...

I think if you read clearly, the people who have tried to propose the scenario on the drivers side are just trying to "not listen to only 1 party", ie. the TS's experience... not to say that one side is right or wrong, but they are only trying to see what the other party's point of view could be like...
now got alot of schools are having break becos of YOG.. including polys.. so why can't TS be a student and working? lol...

sometimes people try to be smart and say like oh his story doesn't make sense..
I don't think they "try to be smart"... they are only trying to know more about the situation because they are not mind readers... they should hardly be faulted for wanting to find out more about the situation... it's only if people don't know better and start to insult others that the situation goes sour...

Oh okay now I get your drift! :bsmilie:
So in some ways they are related!
My school used to have this 40+ year old man studying with us.
I guess he doesn't qualify for concession then right? :bsmilie:

I think there is child/student fares (used to be 45cents flat.. now varies, till 60 cents maybe?) for children/pri/sec/jc/ite students..

and concession cards for tertiary students or even NSF, used to buy monthly concession pass for bus or train(aka bus stamp of the old days)... i think the 40+ yr old man would not qualify for the 60cents fare, but buying the monthly concession pass, it depends on where he is i guess? :dunno: :bsmilie:

Anyway, there are quite a number of 40+ people in my class too.. enough of my OT here =)

I don't think they "try to be smart"... they are only trying to know more about the situation because they are not mind readers... they should hardly be faulted for wanting to find out more about the situation... it's only if people don't know better and start to insult others that the situation goes sour...

okie maybe not everyone, but some people are trying to use it to kinda say that TS can't be trusted and all..

but yes there are some who are nicely trying to understand the situation.. thank god for these people..

i had a really bad experience with Bus Service 39 via Yishun to Tampines.

ok this is how it happen.

i took a bus from Yishun ( 1 stop after the bus interchange ) to Pasir Ris West Plaza. so ok.. i boarded the bus , i put in $1 ( oh btw im a student ). and just went to sit. while in the bus , the bus driver suddenly stop at Lentor . Just beside Seletar Reservoir, she stopped the bus, got out of her driver sit , walk towards the back and she was pissed & angry. She straight away come to me , ask me to get out of the bus cause i only paid $1.

I told her and produced my ID , showing that im a student , and she still insist of kicking me out of the bus. I was humiliated infront of commuters and was forced to get out of the bus.
She even ask me to get lost. WTF ?! after humiliating me in front of other commuters and still giving me that attitude as if i own her/SBS money , i was left with 70cents as i didnt have smaller change so she asked me to ask from other commuters if not get out of the bus.

ok , so without further arguing, i left the bus , as i wasn't happy with the attitude she gave me. what the f**k is SBS transit doing ? is this how they train their drivers, promote Kindness with posters all around it ? Bus drivers bully commuters ? i was in the rush this morning to work and she just ask me to get out of the bus.

And the funny thing is , after work i took bus service 39 from Pasir Ris West Plaza, the same place which im suppose to alight from yishun, i paid $1, driver look curiously at the coinbox and i told him im a student and i produce my ID, and there's no problem with taking a bus back.

Seriously, i don't know how the hell SBS recruit their drivers and give one F**K attitude. :angry:

Would you kindly share which category of "student" like Secondary/JC, ITE or University?
And what "ID" did you show the driver? your student pass or the concession card issued by Transitlink?

I think when you can help to clarify this 2 points and help us understand your story better.

So basically as long as its government aided most likely the student studying there will qualify for concession?

yes, i think so.

anyways, just trying to explain why people want to find out his sch, is not to wait for him outside school gates to give him blanket party....

Would you kindly share which category of "student" like Secondary/JC, ITE or University?
And what "ID" did you show the driver? your student pass or the concession card issued by Transitlink?

I think when you can help to clarify this 2 points and help us understand your story better.

I'm from ITE , i show my ITE ezlink card to the driver which clearly shows the word " student " there. Show her but she still ask me get out. :rolleyes:

well, if you are an ITE student with a valid student ezlink card, then the bus driver certainly shouldn't have kicked you off as the max fare for a student paying cash is only 75c... I suggest, as others before have, that you write simultaneously to SBS as well as to the ST forum...

and whilst the TS should have shown the student card without the driver's demand, failure to show the card should not result in the TS getting kicked off...

Last edited:
next time say you're a bus blogger ;)

I think this lady bus driver is MAD or perhaps having a BAD PMS day !

Under no circumstance should she react angrily to the passengers. It is part of customer service. In the olden days when I did not pay or short pay my ticket, those bus conductors just asked me to pay or top-up. You should stand your ground !

Confirm you had paid the right fare and then launch a complaint to the bus company.

This stinking toad must not be allowed to do it again to the next passenger.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

I've learned that human before the age of 21 years old do not have their Prefrontal Cortex in the fully developed stage. Hence the reasoning skill tends to be different from adults.

This explains TS's percenption that he is right as 11 drivers did not find fault with him except this lady driver.

On the other hand, the lady driver seem to exhibit the same sydrome!:bsmilie:

But i do feel this bus driver who dares to voice out is good in general. (I am not saying the TS is at fault)

I bet she is those who will tell passengers to move to the rear to allow others to board. I have seen too many cases where drivers are afraid to voice out(fearing complaints) and people already in the bus do not move in when the rear end of the bus is empty.

This is the difference here in CS compared to other forums whereby most Csers are all very negative and always give negative comments and condemn people here in one way or another. Search around and you know what i mean.

What is the use of doing that? That is why many people are not posting here anymore and went to other more friendly forums if you have notice it.

I would think each have their own side of the story and we cannot listen to only 1 party.

What I feel is many here are giving an objective assessment of the situation and then expressing their opinion. Just bcoz someone post a complain doesn't mean that he is automatically "right".

Agreed with the last part thou.. maybe driver should present her side of the story then everyone can make informed judgement ;)