Rude staff at SLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the place is saturated with dishonest people yet i still shop there :p If you do your research and homework, it's actually quite entertaining to shop there! :bsmilie:

imo, shopping at SLS is like going for a triathlon, if you don't come prepared, don't expect to come out alive :think:

I know the place is saturated with dishonest people yet i still shop there :p
If you do your research and homework, it's actually quite entertaining to shop there! :bsmilie:

imo, shopping at SLS is like going for a triathlon, if you don't come prepared, don't expect to come out alive :think:[/QUOTE]

But that only works if customers honour this and not treating the sales guys just as information counter for benchmarking prices. Maybe that's the reason why the IT shops all have price lists now. Easy comparison if you know what you want.

Maybe I am used to the SLS way of buying IT products....

• Do your homework first
  • know what you want
  • Ask for the cheapest price
  • Inspect & test-out out the product
  • Make Payment

Hence to me price would be the major factor instead of customer service. Thus I have not yet bought from John (Funan) even though the cust services maybe "better" ( as posted in CS).... :bsmilie:

There are so many Ah beng and Ah seng at SLS, it reminds me of wolf in sheep's skin, if you are not aware, you will be slaughtered without mercy.

However, come to think of it, may be this is unavoidable as these group of people may not suitable for other jobs, so they have to end up in sales line which they find it easy to survive.(Shop owners at SLS cant care much as they need man power to man the shop). Just think of it, if you are the boss, will you employ those Ah beng and Ah seng?I am very sure with that kind of attitude and the way they portray themselves, I think the ans is obvious. NO

This is just my personal thoughts, not to offend anybody.If yes, my sincere apology. :)

:sweat::)

I've got a bad experience at SLS, was accompanying my friend to look for his LCD monitor.. So I thought since I was there, I might as well ask for the prices of my upcoming camera too - D90 or D300.

Well, I know it's not the best place to shop for photo equipment, but I went ahead instead as I'm already there. Was quoted $2000 for the D90+kit, I was shocked beyond words (as I know it's around $1650). I told him it's expensive in a polite way.

He went, "How much you want?" Then I told him I don't know, and ask for his best price. He lowered down to $1800. I told him, still too expensive.

Guess what, he called his colleague and said,"eh, this guy thinks this price is expensive" and gave me the look. Like I'm a cheapo. First time, I encounter such service. After that shop, I gave up on SLS. Don't bother buying or even asking there at all.:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

Honestly, I would rather pay extra for good service! Not extra for lousy service.

Why didn't you just tell him "Shop xx is selling for 1650, so how can you be selling for 1800?"
So straight away he knows that you've done your research, and that should shut him up.
Always go to SLS prepared. I've had good experiences there from some shops, even when bringing my overseas friends.

Suggest to go to reputable store like CP if buy from SLS. I got "play out" by 2 of the stores before who claim to have stocks for 18-200mm VR selling like hot cakes last time (whereas most stores are out of stock). The stores quoted me a reasonable low price (versus exorbitant price by another store who really have the last piece) and then asked me to come back in an hour. After come back later with cash from ATM, the same guy either disappeared or say no more stock. I am pretty sure not a geniue mistake. Fuming mad for wasting my time and then disappointed for not getting it.

CP @ SLS? which level? :bigeyes:

most of the camera shop belong to the same boss only diff shop name:eek:. AP is ok but sometime they try to sell you some other brand. they also don't carry Sony DSLR. :sweat:

OP and AP are the only shop that can buy there.. the rest are black shop.. sometime i nothing to do also go in to seek some entertainment... and in the end dun buy from them. Dun need to tok to them so much.. They are just a bum of lowly educated ah beng..;)

Sorry if I offended any people here. Well, yeah,... I was asking for it. :( That time, I thought since they have so little customers and low sales, probably they will want to sell a thing or two, just to cover cost?

Yup, I was wrong and I learnt the lesson the hard way.

Was telling you guys about the bad shops which I experienced since I am buying something now (survey/benchmarking). Hence, these 2 posts. This post and my funny experience at World Camera, Peninsula Plaza http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473018

I don't remember the shop name at SLS already but it's at Level 2.

Yup, should just stick to several good ones. Thank you all for your comments. :)

yeah there's a number of black sheep at level 2. They tend to change the deal at last minute too.
I'd agreed to buy a D80, and was testing it at the shop. Suddenly tell me the price doesn't include battery and charger. I was like 'wtf???', and said sorry no deal. and left.

What SLS need is a flu outbreak like the SARS that plagued HK. I still remember going to HK several years back when the sales people were extremely rude, sarcastic and downright arrogant. SARS affected everything about HK's service industry and its a world of difference there now. SLS should face the same thing too if you guys wants to see improvement. To the sales people in SLS, everyone that comes in are just waiting to be slaughtered. Even if you do your homework, they will always pull a fast one on you. In this were a computer game, SLS is like the final stage where you have to plough you way through to defeat the last king. LOL!

Yup, and I wonder why are they still employed. I think in any profession/ any industry... they would have got kicked out a long time ago. Probably, the boss is running on such conman principles, so he need 'such' people.

Yup, I wonder if there's any way to warn foreigners about those places. Boycott them and let them run out of business.

Plus, why are they situated at such strategic places. (the lower levels) when better shops are all located at the top floors.

Just an advice - don't bargain if you have no intention to complete the deal. Suppose you reply - XXX is selling for $NNNN. Salesman says - ok deal - what do you do?

I shop in SLS quite often for IT stuff but Funan's pricing is quite competitive now and the environment is better. I bought stuff from OP - great pricing for grey imports. For higher priced items, I go to the shops recommended in this forum. I don't think that prices differs very much between these shops and I value building relationship with the shop.

Why these salesman being employed tells u what kind of boss is there. So as long as they are the same bosses, the same type of salesman will be there.

Not all at SLS but in general some of their turn out + the reputation of SLS, they make me think selling camera is just their pass time, ah-long (loanshark) probably is their main job.

i m sorry to judge them like this but they just look totally not service orientated at all - the quotes, their gesture, behaviour, attitube make customer feel like they are a piece of meat.

I've posted a link to this story on my blog

Having said that, there are a number of good shops at SLS, even those on the lower floors, like for Mac users, we all know SGL Marketing. And I often go to this shop, A Genuine Technology on level 4 or 5 I think, which is also pretty decent in terms of service and quality.

Just a comment to y ah beng/seng can trive at SLS, most of the shop boss does import and export and the shop is just a means of showroom and a company front, they earn off import and export and the Ah BnS are like the coolie that help take stock, deliver stock, run errands for boss.

what they sell when at the shop is up to them as long as they dont make a loss from the sales its ok, what ever the price they sell over the min price set by their boss will go into their commission liao, so high the price they sell you the higher his sales is and the more commission he will get at the end of mth. their mthly paycheck i dont think is very high so the only way to make more $$ is to carrot head the consumer that patronise their shop.

BOYCOTT ALL SHOPS IN SLS except OP at the top level..
OP is a very reputable shop for its price and service..
NO RUDE S***HOLES works there..
All friendly bros and sistas..

AP is really a :thumbsd::thumbsd: for service...

Just my 2c worth.. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.