Rude staff at SLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOYCOTT ALL SHOPS IN SLS except OP at the top level..
OP is a very reputable shop for its price and service..
NO RUDE S***HOLES works there..
All friendly bros and sistas..

AP is really a :thumbsd::thumbsd: for service...

Just my 2c worth.. :lovegrin:

I don't think it's fair to make sweeping statements like these. There're a few shops there that do good service, although of course for cameras, only OP is reliable. Or did you mean to refer to all camera shops in SLS except OP?

In Furture don't purchase any of the item from that shop again.That the safest way loh.

[QUOTE=Kermitfm;4787174]Just an advice - don't bargain if you have no intention to complete the deal. Suppose you reply - XXX is selling for $NNNN. Salesman says - ok deal - what do you do?
]

Salesman say "Deal!" is NO guarantee you're gonna get a FAIR deal afterwards. He'll go to Phase 2 where the batteries, lens, memory card are mysteriously not included in the bundle and you have to pay an inflated amount with it.

Failing that, ie if you prove to him those are compulsory items in the package, he'll go to Phase 3 whereby you HAVE to buy a wide-angle "filter" or casing etc, again, at an inflated price to enjoy the deal.

Failing even that.... He'll just pull out the tried-and-tested "Sorry, no more stock".

There's probably a powerpoint flowchart outlining the above sales strategy at BMS (Beng Marketing & Sales) Institute.

There are so many Ah beng and Ah seng at SLS, it reminds me of wolf in sheep's skin, if you are not aware, you will be slaughtered without mercy.

However, come to think of it, may be this is unavoidable as these group of people may not suitable for other jobs, so they have to end up in sales line which they find it easy to survive.(Shop owners at SLS cant care much as they need man power to man the shop). Just think of it, if you are the boss, will you employ those Ah beng and Ah seng?I am very sure with that kind of attitude and the way they portray themselves, I think the ans is obvious. NO

This is just my personal thoughts, not to offend anybody.If yes, my sincere apology. :)

I don't think they are wolves in sheep's skin. They are simply wolves in wolves' skin. A lot of people go to SLS to deal with these rude and unsavoury characters, thinking that they can get a good deal. So, in a way, the customers deserve the treatment also. If you think you are so good that you can outsmart the wolves, and then you get bitten by one once in a while... well... it's not surprising at all.

And a lot of these shops hire these Ah Bengs not because they just need manpower to man the shop. It is because the bosses are the sam seng tau, so the employees are sam seng kia. Perhaps if the Ah Bengs do not try to fleece the customers, the bosses will scold them. :D

Most of the shops in SLS service is sucks, not to mention those ahbeng shop. Some normal ones with typical stuffs are not friendly either, No smile, no thank you after purchase.

But I am quiet impressive with one particular shop. Its in the 2nd floor too.

If you guys are looking for 3rd party batteries, you should check there out. They have all kinds of batteries for every single electronic device. Its much much more cheaper than oem batteries outside. Shop is call unicells.

Its run by a cute short gal, everytime i go there sure got guys talk to her....

The gal is polite and willing to help, best of all, the price is really CHEAP!!! Serious.

I got a 9cells laptop battery at about 104 when other places are selling at $200+ Ipod batteries only $12+! Dun u think its cheap?

Unfortunately sometimes the batteries i purchase also got problems, but fortunately i am also to change also. However ALL batteries only have 1mth warr.

But its still worth while to check there out, especially when you run outta batteries for yr devices.... :thumbsup:

Other SLS shops are really DARK SHOP charging so high for oem batts!

BOYCOTT ALL SHOPS IN SLS except OP at the top level..
OP is a very reputable shop for its price and service..
NO RUDE S***HOLES works there..
All friendly bros and sistas..

AP is really a :thumbsd::thumbsd: for service...

Just my 2c worth.. :lovegrin:

I read a lot of positive things about OP but I had a rude experience there. I decided not to buy from them.

I don't think it's fair to make sweeping statements like these. There're a few shops there that do good service, although of course for cameras, only OP is reliable. Or did you mean to refer to all camera shops in SLS except OP?

YEs.. CAMERA SHOPS...
Other shops not included...
only CAMERA shops.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Most of the shops in SLS service is sucks, not to mention those ahbeng shop. Some normal ones with typical stuffs are not friendly either, No smile, no thank you after purchase.

If you guys are looking for 3rd party batteries, you should check there out. They have all kinds of batteries for every single electronic device. Its much much more cheaper than oem batteries outside. Shop is call unicells.

The gal is polite and willing to help, best of all, the price is really CHEAP!!! Serious.

I got a 9cells laptop battery at about 104 when other places are selling at $200+ Ipod batteries only $12+! Dun u think its cheap?

Unfortunately sometimes the batteries i purchase also got problems, but fortunately i am also to change also. However ALL batteries only have 1mth warr.

But its still worth while to check there out, especially when you run outta batteries for yr devices.... :thumbsup:

Because CUTE GIRL ma... CONFERM Nice!! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Was at Simlim again last Sunday, well, I skipped all of the camera shops and went up straight for OP. Staff at OP don't bother us looking around. Price is quite okay too and equipment is well stocked. Not a bad place. But customer service is so so. Well, not a problem to me as long as the price is good and very to the point. :thumbsup:

Was at Simlim again last Sunday, well, I skipped all of the camera shops and went up straight for OP. Staff at OP don't bother us looking around. Price is quite okay too and equipment is well stocked. Not a bad place. But customer service is so so. Well, not a problem to me as long as the price is good and very to the point. :thumbsup:

Yes. I think most of us expect basic service at SLS, but good price. We don't expect smiley or cute sales staff (but they are a welcome bonus). We go there, ask price, buy stuff, and leave. We also know which shops are meant for locals, and which shops are there to fleece Ang Mos and the not-so-bright locals. Same thing for Lucky Plaza. To survive SLS and Lucky Plaza, we need some basic modus operandi... and we must stick to it. :)

SLS
Camera = OP
PC = Bellsystems and Video Pro
Memory Cards = Best bargain

i trust those shops :)

Most prob second batteries they bought and refurnish. Good luck with non-originals. Hope your cell don't fail on you.

The reason why OP is cool is that they give you good prices. Prices that you do not need to bargain on. They leave you alone when you want to be left alone and when you do ask them for advise, they know their products very well. I wanted to buy a particular light setup once and the guy asked me what it was for, when I described my project, he offered me a system half the price of what I was asking for and it worked like a charm.

Very honest. Service may not be first class only because they do not speak english very well.

This will not work.
How many of us will be aware and take note of the decal, not to mention the tourists.
If no serious plan is to be made to take care of the blackshops, SLS will remain as an tourist onslaught paradise.

Another initiative of a toothless tiger. Case has shown their lack of ambition to really root out the problem. A silly sticker at the door won't change anything.

Another initiative of a toothless tiger. Case has shown their lack of ambition to really root out the problem. A silly sticker at the door won't change anything.

Anyway, CASE does not help much too.
They just act as "middle man" in most cases.
Most of the time will advice you to get a lawyer if you intend to pursue the case. :dunno:

YAH, agree... boycott SLS... The only shop to buy from is orient photo on one of the top levels.

all the rest are crap... I have tested a few myself...

I once went to 2 shops at level 1... checking out the price for 580EXII... was quoted a ridiculous price... then I said politely, can lower? He said, how much you want? I then quoted the same price as one of the shops at berlinton square... he said, "come back at end of the month, maybe cheaper ". how sarcastic. Anyway, i was just trying my luck... in the end, bought from OP.

YAH, agree... boycott SLS... The only shop to buy from is orient photo on one of the top levels.

all the rest are crap... I have tested a few myself...

I once went to 2 shops at level 1... checking out the price for 580EXII... was quoted a ridiculous price... then I said politely, can lower? He said, how much you want? I then quoted the same price as one of the shops at berlinton square... he said, "come back at end of the month, maybe cheaper ". how sarcastic. Anyway, i was just trying my luck... in the end, bought from OP.

That's why i will just get all my stuffs from reputable shop.
Save all the craps that the shops are going to give you. :bsmilie:

That's why i will just get all my stuffs from reputable shop.
Save all the craps that the shops are going to give you. :bsmilie:

being well educated, u and most of us is able to get stuff for ourselve at fair price... but to those not so well verse in electronic stuff and trends, SLS is the hearsay place to buy, but at the same time get chopped and ripped off badly... it happen to my in-law once... now they dnt buy electronic stuf themselve any more due to just 1 bad experience there....

Status
Not open for further replies.