[ Review ] The Olympus E-P2 (Electronic Pen, Model 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. We thought Singapore will be really early, it turns out it will be the slowpoke ...

We are slow. Literally. We only like to say that we want to be No.1, but can never be :bsmilie:

Hey Micro, could I check with you about the EVF on the EP-2? Approximately how larger is the view through it? Around the same as the G1 or closer to an SLR like say the D700/5D or in between like a D90?

It is the size of the E3. SLR big. And no tunnel vision.

call johan (JB) today...the boss said e-p2 stocks coming this wed...quoted RM3700 (S$1520) with lens, any taker ?

Last edited:
call johan (JB) today...the boss said e-p2 stocks coming this wed...quoted RM3700 (S$1520) with lens, any taker ?
maybe a Mass Order ?
Cool, but i'd like something with warranty. Can JB sets claim warranty in Singapore?

maybe a Mass Order ?

See local pricing at favourite stores first. If slight difference better to get a local set for the warranty.

See local pricing at favourite stores first. If slight difference better to get a local set for the warranty.

I thought Olympus is international warranty. No?

yup shld be ok for local warranty

I didn't know Olympus is international warranty, how about other brands?

The RM3585 seems good, if local price is not competitive I'll just get from the online store.

Olympus products are warrantied internationally.

Thanks for the reply. Heard that the 14-42kit is going for $1550. Hope the Pancake kit is not too expensive.

Should be the same price as zoom lens. Unless the retailer is screwing around.

i was at TK the other day looking for a travel tripod for the GF-1. Out of curiosity, I asked abt the EP-2 and he quoted me $1550 for the pancake & same price for the 14-42mm kit. The body alone costs $1450 which is only $100 difference.
Anyway, he was confused abt Oly's pricing for the pancake & kit lens and he showed me the dealer's pricelist. Indeed, the pricing was the same for the 2 lens. ** scratch head **

Sooooo... that would means that for those who already have m43 lenses and don't want the 17mm lens, they should buy the E-P2 + 17mm kit and then sell off the lens to effectively reduce the cost of their E-P2 purchase. The 17mm is more expensive than the 14-45mm and in greater demand and as such should fetch much more than $100. :think:

Think most people already have 17mm lens. Should probably pair up first then go and get. =)

If price diff between a lens pkg and a body-only pkg is only $100, who would wanna buy the EP2 body only?

If price diff between a lens pkg and a body-only pkg is only $100, who would wanna buy the EP2 body only?

its marketing tactics lor. if they sell the EP2 body only at much lower price, not many people will buy the kit sets if they already have the m4/3 lenses. So, in one way, they are making it irresistible for you to buy the kit set. and if u die die want to buy body only, then they will make abnormal profits on the body only set. :)

Thanks. The E-P1 already worked for me, but the E-P2 definitely enhances the photographic experience. Where I didn't even bother to use my manual focus lenses with the E-P1, I am now excitedly discovering how good they really are through the E-P2.

Well, so little time, need to go shoot, shoot more ...

My "Limited Edition" mahogany wood E-P2, the last photo from my E-P1 :)

ep2-mahogany-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.