[ Review ] The Olympus E-P2 (Electronic Pen, Model 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, now that's a 'limited' edition cus the makers of the leatherette/wood skin are not making any more due to overwhelming demand.

Hehe, now that's a 'limited' edition cus the makers of the leatherette/wood skin are not making any more due to overwhelming demand.

Haha, just a joke ... anyway, there are some skins in the mass sales section, $20++. The one I got is from SGP Korea, and they are sold out of the leather look (the one that looks like for Leica or Olympus OM).

No problem, I can change it anytime when I get tired of it. I think I prefer the walnut :)

Walnut?:think: how interesting that can have many different kinds of skins,just hope nothing really :bigeyes: comes out :bsmilie:

You can do the artic grey camo look next if you pair the EP2 with a 50-200 :p

But seriously though, I think the EP2 looks great as it is w/o a skin. Its like my Nikon FE, it just looks good sitting on the table hehe.

Sure, these skins are like fashion, some like this, some like that. Just having fun :). This is the only camera I ever "skinned", it acts like a gaffer tape protector, but with a perfect cut to fit, and finish to taste.

Anyway, back to topic, what else is great about the E-P2 for me ?

Besides the more efficient manual focusing brought about by the VF-2, it also means :

No more prying eyes looking at what I am shooting, no more bright LCD in dim/dark light like glow-in-the-dark stuff, no squinting in the sun, steadier hold with the camera near my face, etc.

Now to find a way to cover the darn bright light from the on/off switch :bsmilie:. Any suggestions ?

haha,my sister uses blue tack on her mobile broad band,how about gaffer?tape can still push down,at the same time it blocks the light,just gonna look weird though

searched gmarket but could find the skin. Can u point us to the url?

how's the AF on ep2 btw? i was dying to get the ep1 previously but was held back with its focus performance. thanks in advance & happy new year to all! :D

how's the AF on ep2 btw? i was dying to get the ep1 previously but was held back with its focus performance. thanks in advance & happy new year to all! :D

Hi, AF on kit lens is usable under normal lightings.. But if the light is low there might be some problem. If u are getting EP2 as an outdoor cam it shouldnt be a problem, and you wouldnt need the flash with its relatively good noise control on iso 800-1600 + noise removal software.

However, if you use a slightly better lens such as the pana lens, AF would be faster. For my case, I have a 45-200mm lumix lens mounted on my EP-2. AF is really fast and accurate with the latest firmware.

Same as E-P1. But if you are thinking the slightly faster AF on Panasonic or Samsung (coming soon) will help you shoot sports, you are going to be so so disappointed. E-P2 has a few new AF features but honestly, this is a consumer camera. If you need Phase Detect speed, then go back to DSLRs.

How many of you E-P2 user has bought FL14 flash? Is it really useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.