[ Review ] The Olympus E-P2 (Electronic Pen, Model 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more like Ministress know how to deal with me!! :sweat::bsmilie:

Planet 51 is pure animation le, 300 is real people, closer to super clean & smooth images we're talking about. But the treatment in that film is pretty unique & creative i must say :lovegrin:

Well, that brings me to the old days of walkman. MIJ vs other countries, sound quality world's apart.

Fast forward to yr 2007 Nov, my boss bought a Suzuki Vitara MIJ. Compared to the MIThailand ver of the same thing, world's apart.

So whether MIC shows any difference, that's to everyone's guess & likings. Not like we have a choice these days... :bheart: The other way to look at it is... Why SHG grade lenses r MIJ if MIC QC & everything else is juz as good? Something to think about ;)
Funny thing, Nikon is made in Thailand, but still produces good pictures. How to explain that? Haha...Well, i think almost everything is either assembled or made in china. As long as it works well, the brand name has an image that they wouldn't want to spoil. Apple is made in China too, but the quality is there. I guess same works for Olympus.

Funny thing, Nikon is made in Thailand, but still produces good pictures. How to explain that? Haha...Well, i think almost everything is either assembled or made in china. As long as it works well, the brand name has an image that they wouldn't want to spoil. Apple is made in China too, but the quality is there. I guess same works for Olympus.

Like i mentioned earlier, there isn't much choice, everything MIC.

The MIThai Vitara also drives well, how to explain? Boils down to comparison. If u have 1 set MIJ fully, u'll see the diff :) Apple has its fair share of problems too if u bother to look more objectively. The QC from Foxxcon not good & heard they r switching back to Quanta Computers, though more exp. :lovegrin:

The MIThai Vitara also drives well, how to explain? Boils down to comparison. If u have 1 set MIJ fully, u'll see the diff :) Apple has its fair share of problems too if u bother to look more objectively. The QC from Foxxcon not good & heard they r switching back to Quanta Computers, though more exp. :lovegrin:
Foxxcon was never good from the start. Haha. They have alot of wastage and poor QC. Even my new imac had condensation occuring inside the glass. And the only thing they could do was ask me to heat up the screen. I later found out that my stand fan was causing the glass to be cold when the screen is warm/hot. Thus air kept condensing inside.

Off the fan, let the computer be on for 3 hours and wala...all the condenstation dried up.

Hi Clifford ( Microcosm ),

Wow!....A Vey Good , Down To Earth Review Of The E-P2.........And It's Only now after Two Years of Browsing The 4/3 forum Here, That I Realise That Your Real Name Is Clifford!......... Well, we both have one thing In common Though and That's The 4Cs, and although I Am A Moderator At The other 4/3 Forum Across The Causeway, You are are Far More Active and Livelier Than Me. Argh!....Maybe it's The Age Thing, But then You're a Vet Youself What?.........That aside, In My Opinion, You're One Very Responsible, Caring and Evenhanded Mod.....

Thanks For The User Friendly Brief Review Of The EP-2. As an old school Photog who Still Own some Manual Lenses, Those Manual Features Of The EP-2 really is The Icing On The Cake For Me........In This Hard Times, and on a tight Budget, looks like it will be awhile before I take The Plunge!

Thanks again Clifford.....Uncle James.

Thank you uncle James. You are too kind.

The MIThai Vitara also drives well, how to explain? Boils down to comparison. If u have 1 set MIJ fully, u'll see the diff Apple has its fair share of problems too if u bother to look more objectively. The QC from Foxxcon not good & heard they r switching back to Quanta Computers, though more exp.

This is one of those bo pian things we have to face.

Foxxcon was never good from the start. Haha. They have alot of wastage and poor QC. Even my new imac had condensation occuring inside the glass. And the only thing they could do was ask me to heat up the screen. I later found out that my stand fan was causing the glass to be cold when the screen is warm/hot. Thus air kept condensing inside.

Off the fan, let the computer be on for 3 hours and wala...all the condenstation dried up.

Horror! Actually mine also suffering from a mild version of this... sigh...

Thank you uncle James. You are too kind.

This is one of those bo pian things we have to face.

Horror! Actually mine also suffering from a mild version of this... sigh...
Haha, i thought i was the only one. Well, only way is to heat up the screen and let it dry off. Play itunes visualizer for about 3-4hours, then turn off the computer. The condensation should be gone. Else there's nothing much we can do. Apple told me they can send a technician down to my home to clean the screen inside. But i thought to myself, once the glass screen is taken out the LCD display is exposed to air. And even after cleaning, and inserting the glass screen back, with the air tight seal, there won't be a complete vaccum inbetween the glass and the display. Condensation will still occur.

Haha, i thought i was the only one. Well, only way is to heat up the screen and let it dry off. Play itunes visualizer for about 3-4hours, then turn off the computer. The condensation should be gone. Else there's nothing much we can do. Apple told me they can send a technician down to my home to clean the screen inside. But i thought to myself, once the glass screen is taken out the LCD display is exposed to air. And even after cleaning, and inserting the glass screen back, with the air tight seal, there won't be a complete vaccum inbetween the glass and the display. Condensation will still occur.

Sheesh... I am getting the 27" iMac next month to compliment my MBP... a bit sian now... but then again... it is the ultimate movie machine! ha ha ha...

Get it! It's uber fun! Haha.

(I cannot believe someone is still trying to poison an admin of Mac User Group Singapore) :bsmilie:
Usually it is the other way round... I am the one spreading the poison...

But yes, I will be getting it nevertheless... the specs are too tempting... ha ha ha... :thumbsup:

You are just biased... when 21st Dec 2012 comes, make sure you don't get onto the Made In China arcs that will save you from the tsunamis and bring you to Africa! Ha ha ha...

Arks u mean? Well, Live & Let Die lor. If I survived somehow, then i'll join the ranks "Raiders of the lost Ark" HAHAHAHA!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie: When all is calm, i shall the the arc Somewhere Over The Rainbow :angel:

microcosm said:
Sheesh... I am getting the 27" iMac next month to compliment my MBP... a bit sian now... but then again... it is the ultimate movie machine! ha ha ha...

Hang in there bro, read that the 27" imac has issues with display hardware. I suggest u wait for batch 2 to be released, ideally batch 3 if u can wait a little more.

The Apple forum has more than 600 posts devoted to problems with the 27-inch Imac machines.

The most reported fault is a flicker or blackout that happens sometimes when the screen is switched on.

The fault has been noticed all over the world so it is not a brief problem with the production line that affects only a small number of users.

Sometimes the screen completely blacks out for 2 to 3 seconds at intervals of 5 or 6 seconds and the machine becomes useless, said one disgruntled user.

YouTube videos have also been posted by users highlighting the problem.

This was reported 26 Nov 2009.

coming back to the topic of EP2, i'm holding my horses & see what EVIL systems other makers r introducing.

Last edited:

27" iMac accepts DVI in, you can plugin a PS3 :)

Hang in there bro, read that the 27" imac has issues with display hardware. I suggest u wait for batch 2 to be released, ideally batch 3 if u can wait a little more.

coming back to the topic of EP2, i'm holding my horses & see what EVIL systems other makers r introducing.

Yeah, I am waiting for Rev D before I make that decision to buy anything... LOL!

Getting a 17"MBP first.

You might be interested in looking at Samsung, Fujifilm's offerings. 2010 is madness... :thumbsup:

The mind is willing... but the wallet is weak :cry::mad2:

Sell car, sell car! :sweatsm:
Just kidding... save up slowly lah...
Then you can budget one camera change a year.

(I cannot believe someone is still trying to poison an admin of Mac User Group Singapore) :bsmilie:
Usually it is the other way round... I am the one spreading the poison...

But yes, I will be getting it nevertheless... the specs are too tempting... ha ha ha... :thumbsup:
I've been working with macs since the age of 6. Haha...

Arks u mean? Well, Live & Let Die lor. If I survived somehow, then i'll join the ranks "Raiders of the lost Ark" HAHAHAHA!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie: When all is calm, i shall the the arc Somewhere Over The Rainbow :angel:

The Apple forum has more than 600 posts devoted to problems with the 27-inch Imac machines.

The most reported fault is a flicker or blackout that happens sometimes when the screen is switched on.

The fault has been noticed all over the world so it is not a brief problem with the production line that affects only a small number of users.

Sometimes the screen completely blacks out for 2 to 3 seconds at intervals of 5 or 6 seconds and the machine becomes useless, said one disgruntled user.

YouTube videos have also been posted by users highlighting the problem.

This was reported 26 Nov 2009.

They are already on Batch 3 my friends.

Any new product released, don't get the 1st batch. Be it a merc, audi, canon, nikon, or whatever.

These is the period of time where by the 1st batch products have the most bugs, flaws, that need to be fixed via user feedback.

1st batches are usually small quantity batches. Just for the brand name to test out their product with out destroying the name away.

The product has been definitely tested of quality in the factory. But real world conditions will make anything differ.

It's a matter of give and take. Apple service personnel are very friendly. They will give you a definite solution. Else replace the machine for you. No nonsense type of service.

I once had a billing issue, when i ordered my imac, and i emailed the Apple billing centre at midnight. I didn't expect them to call me the next day at 8am. Haha...They apologized and rectified the issue immediately.

Samething went for my apple snow leopard CD. During the launch of the CD, all those who bought their CD online, got them within 24 hours. I had registered for the uptodate programe for one of my imacs, but had not still received the CD. I just called them up, to ask when i would receive my disc, and wala, next day it arrived. They also apologized for the delay. By right the preorders should be sent out first. Some logistic errors. We have to take consideration that there will be some "black sheep" working in the company.

I've been working with macs since the age of 6. Haha...

That is about the right age Macintoshes were designed for... LOL!

They are already on Batch 3 my friends.

Any new product released, don't get the 1st batch. Be it a merc, audi, canon, nikon, or whatever.

These is the period of time where by the 1st batch products have the most bugs, flaws, that need to be fixed via user feedback.

1st batches are usually small quantity batches. Just for the brand name to test out their product with out destroying the name away.

The product has been definitely tested of quality in the factory. But real world conditions will make anything differ.

It's a matter of give and take. Apple service personnel are very friendly. They will give you a definite solution. Else replace the machine for you. No nonsense type of service.

I once had a billing issue, when i ordered my imac, and i emailed the Apple billing centre at midnight. I didn't expect them to call me the next day at 8am. Haha...They apologized and rectified the issue immediately.

Samething went for my apple snow leopard CD. During the launch of the CD, all those who bought their CD online, got them within 24 hours. I had registered for the uptodate programe for one of my imacs, but had not still received the CD. I just called them up, to ask when i would receive my disc, and wala, next day it arrived. They also apologized for the delay. By right the preorders should be sent out first. Some logistic errors. We have to take consideration that there will be some "black sheep" working in the company.

That is the reason I use Macs and Olympus. Same system in place to keep customers happy.

Though I love Olympus and Macintosh (not Apple, mind you). I think we are very off topic liao... :sticktong

Though I love Olympus and Macintosh (not Apple, mind you). I think we are very off topic liao... :sticktong
Macintosh is Apple. That's they platform. Part of it runs in everything. From ipods, to imacs. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.