[review] Crumpler 5 million dollar home

how is the quality of the Crumpler bags there compared the one reviewed here?

Anyone knows crumpler "made in where" now?

I have a 4 million which i bought from the local crumpler store 2-3 years back at Paragon. The tag says made in China.:)

TK Foto has moved to Funan already. It is on the 2nd floor....

To be exact.

TK Foto Technic Pte Ltd.
109 North Bridge Road,
Funan Digitallife Mall, #02-14,
Tel 63385905/63387466.

:)

there bootleg version of crumpler bag .. so gotta beware if its real cheap ..

Agree with you.

Very wary when the price is that cheap. < US$30 for a messenger bag in Vietnam.:think:

TS,

can it fit 50d with grip and 17-55 lens?

really? mine is the new 6MDH but there aren't any silencers. But crumpler bags are still pretty good

Really? That's weird. My 5 Million Dollar has them, and I have an impression that all new Crumpler Million Dollar Home series has the function.

Would the bag be able to fit a Canon 450D w/ a Tamron 17-50, a 70-200 lens and a Nissin Di866?

Mine can fit the following inside:-

1) Canon 7D (w/o grip)
2) EFS 10 - 22mm (Attached to body)
3) EF 70 - 200mm F4 IS

Can choose to replace the 70 - 200mm with a flash (Eg.580EX)

It's a great bag for a day of casual shooting.

Everything fits just nice in it, no room is wasted in the bag.

Would the bag be able to fit a Canon 450D w/ a Tamron 17-50, a 70-200 lens and a Nissin Di866?

Dont think so.:think:

TS was using the T17-50 + 50mm + flash and it was just nice. I doubt your 70-200 can fit in.:)

I also have the 5 million dollar home. This is what I have been able to fit in it.
These are maximum takeoff weight loads that I have used. Most of the time I carry much less.
Internal:
Canon 350D with grip and 50 f1.8 or 24 f2.8 attached
and
Nikon FM2n with 50 f1.4 attached
and
Sigma 500 DG Super flash or Holga.
Assorted cards, film, remotes and filters in the 4 additional pockets.

2. Same as above but with 7D without grip (don't own the grip) in place of 350D.
Also my TLR fits just fine with either of the SLRs.

3. Don't forget that the bag has attachment points for external storage. 2 Lowepro lens cases can be attached on either end. By this point it gets a little heavy but not so bad.

So full loadout although now for all this I would use my 7 million.

Canon 7D without grip and 50 f1.8 or 24 f2.8 attached
and
Nikon FM2n with 50 f1.4 attached
and
Sigma 500 DG Super flash or Holga.
Assorted cards, film, remotes and filters in the 4 additional pockets.
2 lowepro lens cases with EF 85 f1.8 and 105 f1.8 ais.

Really? That's weird. My 5 Million Dollar has them, and I have an impression that all new Crumpler Million Dollar Home series has the function.

Not for the older version. If I'm not wrong, the 2 buckle version is the newer version with silencers.

Not for the older version. If I'm not wrong, the 2 buckle version is the newer version with silencers.

Yeah. He said his Crumpler 6 Million is the newer design too.

Nice review. Thanks for sharing.:)

I have 1 question though. Can it fit a body with a vertical grip attached?:think:

It would, but it would be really tight. You may want to get its brother instead, the 6 million dollar home.

The 4th con (for all the crumpler bags): Velcro makes wayyy tooooo much noise when you open the bag, rendering the bag difficult to use for unobtrusive photography.

Congrats on your purchase anyway :)
My comes with a silencer so, I use the buckle instead of the velcro.

my experience with crumpler bags are that the straps(near the buckle where you lengthen and shorten the strap) cause your clothes to fur.
As a owner of 2 Crumpler bags, I have not experience any 'furring' before. Will definitely take note of it. Perhaps, it's due to the rough material.

Hi. Any idea where i can get the bag?
I got my from TK Foto at $100 (there's a sales going on now – @24 June). The boss was exceptionally friendly.

TS,

can it fit 50d with grip and 17-55 lens?
It would be a bit tight, I believe. You should try it out at the shop. However, if you don't mind having the lens detached it would definitely fit.

The f/4 version would fit but not the f/2.8 ones.

Anyone knows crumpler "made in where" now?
–China. I can assure you that once you touch it, you won't be concerned where it is made in just like all the Apple products. (No flaming on that. ;))

I have the 6 million that is free from Canon...with silencer too...nice and compact to use...I use this interchangeably with my Lowpro backpack

–China. I can assure you that once you touch it, you won't be concerned where it is made in just like all the Apple products. (No flaming on that. ;))

I was concerned of the quality made in Vietnam, the price is of course :thumbsup:

definitely the ones bought from retail stores are well made, I own one too :bsmilie:

Yes, it can! But it'll be pretty tight for the other items. (I use the Canon version of the 5 Million)

Went down to Paragon Crumpler shop to try out the 5 Million. With my D300s with Grip and 16-35mm. Buckling the bag is stretching it. Really tight fit. Infact, inserting another 50mm is really pushing it.:sweat:

No space for flash. :nono:
Sigh.:(