[review] Crumpler 5 million dollar home

Went down to Paragon Crumpler shop to try out the 5 Million. With my D300s with Grip and 16-35mm. Buckling the bag is stretching it. Really tight fit. Infact, inserting another 50mm is really pushing it.:sweat:

No space for flash. :nono:
Sigh.:(

Yes, with grip it will be pretty tight. I just bought 6mdh for my D90 with grip. Thinking very long also whether to get 5mdh or 6mdh until i finally tried it at the shop.

Went down to Paragon Crumpler shop to try out the 5 Million. With my D300s with Grip and 16-35mm. Buckling the bag is stretching it. Really tight fit. Infact, inserting another 50mm is really pushing it.:sweat:

No space for flash. :nono:
Sigh.:(

Woah! A 16-35mm f/4 VR? Now, that's really tight. In your original question, I thought you just wanted to fit your body + grip and a your smaller lenses, such as your primes. Your 16-35mm and 24-70mm will certainly have difficulty fitting into the 5 Million. My bad.

i have been using it everyday since i got the bag..i can fit d70 with 50mm, 18-70mm attached, ipod at the other side compartment, and still managed to squeeze in my cardigan on top of them all...weekdays when i go to work, i can fit the 50mm attached and put a 500ml nike bottle inside (dangerous!), umbrella, and my cardigan...
i also bought the shoulder pad and it does wonder! i can go for street shooting from morning to late night! honest! u can also hook a carabiner to the side panel and hang something like cap, umbrella, water bottle (or buy the crumpler small pouch)...
this bag is really great if u dun want to get ur gear noticed and/or if u are style conscious (well, i think i am kinda both...)
the silencer also works great!
thanks so much to my GF who bought me this lovely 5MDH for my bday!
she wanted to buy me lowepro, but this is much better! (IMO)
love the bag!
cheers!

note: apple members got 10 (or is it 20?can't rmbr) percent discount at crumpler!

Last edited:
can this bag fit in canon 550d body with 18mm to 200mm len attached?

Hi, will this bag be able to fit Pentax K-7 grip with 17-50mm? Will there be space to fit 2 more prime?
Thanks.

Hi, will this bag be able to fit Pentax K-7 grip with 17-50mm? Will there be space to fit 2 more prime?
Thanks.

this bag can't fit a body+ grip.

Unless u buy a second hand old version which is the single buckle. I bought a single buckle version as it can fit a body + grip.

its a nice reliable bag and because it is so readily available... its everywhere on the streets!

hello. was wondering, a camera with a mounted lense with it's hood in ready position cant fit in the 5MDH can they?
btw, i personally prefer the older version.. sort of has a nicer shape...
cheers~

hello. was wondering, a camera with a mounted lense with it's hood in ready position cant fit in the 5MDH can they?
cheers~

The part in red is very vague.It can be a small Olympus EP-1 with a 17mm pancake to a Canon 1D series with a EF 50mm f1.2 lens...

BTW its lens not lense:nono:

cheers~

that is one reason why i downgraded from a 2 buckle Crumpler 6 MDH to a 1 buckle Crumpler 5MDH. Becasue it can fit a body with grip on a 1 buckle 5MDH instead of a 2 buckle 5MDH which it can't fit a body with grip.

The part in red is very vague.It can be a small Olympus EP-1 with a 17mm pancake to a Canon 1D series with a EF 50mm f1.2 lens...

BTW its lens not lense:nono:

1ds series can't fit in a 2 buckle 5MDH cos of the vertical built in grip.

Olympus EP-1, I would just use a 4 MDH instead.

Any other shop lower than TK in town?

I was refering to brand new? Thanks.

Agree, K13 might be a little cheaper.

The shop keeper, if u have a good sweet talk bargaining, he will still lower the price though..

Okie dokie! I go sweet talk this sun.
Maybe show him my hairy legs kagi more discount