Relax Shoot! - CBD Skyline Shoot Redux - 09/01/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
All photos are in-camera processed jpeg from Panasonic G1 camera. I took RAW but too many photos to process. Picked a few interesting ones from 350 "Sunrise @ Esplanade" photos
ISO: 125
Aperture: 7.1
Focal Length: 7mm

Exposure: 6.0 sec @ 6.39am
P1190080.JPG

Exposure: 1/4 sec @6.59am
P1190150.JPG

Exposure: 1/8 sec @ 7.01am
P1190161.JPG

Exposure: 1/500 sec @ 7.36am
P1190345.JPG

Exposure: 1/800 sec @ 7.52am
P1190425.JPG

hey guys, this morning i was reluctant to get off my bed coz of the nice weather but im glad i did.. haha went for my first CS outing and its also my first sunrise shoot ;) after viewing all the bros photos, i feel inferior sia. haha may i just ask does all of you shoot at iso 100 and is there any 'std' range of exposure time for these sunrise photos? this morning i noob noob go shoot at iso 400 and only uses 3~4sec exposure. :dunno: i'll post my photos ltr in the day :embrass: but i wanna thank YS LEE for organising this outing and also pick up a few tips during the breakfast gathering ;) thanks alot guys & i hope i can have more outing with you all agn!!! cheers!

hey guys, this morning i was reluctant to get off my bed coz of the nice weather but im glad i did.. haha went for my first CS outing and its also my first sunrise shoot ;) after viewing all the bros photos, i feel inferior sia. haha may i just ask does all of you shoot at iso 100 and is there any 'std' range of exposure time for these sunrise photos? this morning i noob noob go shoot at iso 400 and only uses 3~4sec exposure. :dunno: i'll post my photos ltr in the day :embrass: but i wanna thank YS LEE for organising this outing and also pick up a few tips during the breakfast gathering ;) thanks alot guys & i hope i can have more outing with you all agn!!! cheers!

tealeaves... Who are you? Sorry can't put your nick to your face :p I think with a tripod you can let the tripod do the work at ISO100 or whatever is lowest for your cam.

And ya, thanks YSLEE!

hey guys, redname reporting here.

if can't put a face to the nick, jusremember the one with the loudest voice ;p

nice pics u guys got there. i'll try to post some up soon.

The lower the ISO, the less noise there will be. That's why whenever possible, we are always trying for the lowest ISO possible thru the use of tripods. However for Nikon which uses the Sony sensor, the lowest best base ISO is 200 (or as some say, 160); at ISO 100, you lose some dynamic range. At very high ISO, you get a lot more noise and YS mentioned "Noise Ninja" (I myself used to use a paid version of Imagenomic's software but noise reduction softwares makes you lose details. Personal preferences but I prefer not to use too much NR, but have a little noise instead. It's just like my Nikon settings, I actually push up my saturation and contrasts quite high (now I don't do any more Lightroom.. haha).

I think the longer I shoot, the lazier I get. And I've only had the Nikon for 4 weeks :embrass: gimme another month and I'll be getting an assistant to press my shutter button for me :bsmilie:

if anyone cannot remember me, I helped myself to the prime seat and stuck my ass there for an hour half. Sorry .. hehe.
I am also the one sitting next to the one with the loudest voice, and am now deaf in my left ear. Keke.. kidding!!

Last edited:
The lower the ISO, the less noise there will be. That's why whenever possible, we are always trying for the lowest ISO possible thru the use of tripods. However for Nikon which uses the Sony sensor, the lowest best base ISO is 200 (or as some say, 160); at ISO 100, you lose some dynamic range. At very high ISO, you get a lot more noise and YS mentioned "Noise Ninja" (I myself used to use a paid version of Imagenomic's software but noise reduction softwares makes you lose details. Personal preferences but I prefer not to use too much NR, but have a little noise instead. It's just like my Nikon settings, I actually push up my saturation and contrasts quite high (now I don't do any more Lightroom.. haha).

I think the longer I shoot, the lazier I get. And I've only had the Nikon for 4 weeks :embrass: gimme another month and I'll be getting an assistance to press my shutter button for me :bsmilie:

if anyone cannot remember me, I helped myself to the prime seat and stuck my ass there for an hour half. Sorry .. hehe.
I am also the one sitting next to the one with the loudest voice, and am now deaf in my left ear. Keke.. kidding!!

i am getting some images now... you are the one with the new 55-200 zoom lens~!

hey guys, redname reporting here.

if can't put a face to the nick, jusremember the one with the loudest voice ;p

nice pics u guys got there. i'll try to post some up soon.

and i am thinking you are the canon "competitor". haha...

night86mare: good idea of using vertical shots and stich them up. shall try it.
as for the blub timing, thanks for the guide. i get the idea now... maybe i should get myself a shutter release first.;p

i am getting some images now... you are the one with the new 55-200 zoom lens~!

Yep.. but cannot get used to the long zoom (or rather, the need for very fast shutter speeds esp @ 200mm, or simply getting old and I lost my ability to stalk sweet young mei mei).

I remember you also.. you are the duck with global warming issues, right? I remember you coz you just got your tripod and the first one to register for the event. If you change your t-shirt, I may forget you though.

YS standing in the way of the sun.. haha
Model: NIKON D5000
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: 2.2
Focal Length: 35mm
DSC_1839.JPG

We walked from Esplanade over to Marina for food
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/400 sec
Aperture: 4.5
Focal Length: 100mm
DSC_1859.JPG

No prizes for guessing where we ate
ISO: 1400
Exposure: 1/30 sec
Aperture: 5.0
Focal Length: 52mm
DSC_1869.JPG

Some smoker at Fullerton Hotel
ISO: 3200
Exposure: 1/6 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 85mm
DSC_1944.JPG

YS is out of the pix this time (no time to whip out UWA)
ISO: 1800
Focal Length: 18mm
DSC_1927.JPG

Thanks for viewing. Rest of pix uploaded to Picasa.

Last edited:
DSC_1927.JPG

Wow. look like you guys have more fun after breakfast.
Smiles on all faces! :):):):)

tealeaves... Who are you? Sorry can't put your nick to your face :p I think with a tripod you can let the tripod do the work at ISO100 or whatever is lowest for your cam.

And ya, thanks YSLEE!

wah bro i very sad sia. i sat just next to you during breakfast- man u shirt guy.. haha ;)

wildcat said:
DSC_1927.JPG

I like this pic! :)
The expressions are very natural and relaxed. Good capture!
Looks like you all had loads of fun.
No "group photo" of the cameras this time? ;)

Ding here! Hi to the Gang who shoot on 9 Jan at Esplanade before the sun came up (and even those after the sun came up!)

Was a pleasure to shoot and shoot the breeze with you guys! Thanks to YSLee for the LLLLLOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG mountain trek up Mount Marina Square. Sorry I couldn't join the rest of you. Hope you all had a good time during the shoot, just as I did.

I'm only gonna download my pics now(yes, after all the shopping yesterday with the wife, finally got time to myself), and hope to put up one or two here :)

Cheers all, and have a good week ahead! :)

hey guys, this's my take on my first sunrise shoot. pardon me for the photos tt are kinda blur, my tripod aint exactly that sturdy :confused:

4262991254_5c0ed9ccf3_b.jpg

4263006640_0765158e97_b.jpg

4262250051_fba5148bef_b.jpg

4263010394_001026efc6_b.jpg

A photo shot with a lousy tripod, is better than one shot without a tripod.
A photo shot without a tripod, is better than a photo that was never shot.
Thanks for sharing your photos ;) I enjoy viewing them and learning stuffs.

hey guys, nice pics.

but where is the other half of the group pic that we took facing the mirror?

wild cat took one half, which is shown a few posts before this. who took the other half ah?

:)

hey guys, nice pics.

but where is the other half of the group pic that we took facing the mirror?

wild cat took one half, which is shown a few posts before this. who took the other half ah?

:)

???? tht shot only left out YSLee mah

ha ha.. is it? i thot there are a few person on the left?? :D

sorry, my mistake... :embrass:

hahaha, borad daylight leh, u start to see "things" liao ah :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.