Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_1337

Aug 12, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
www.xanga.com
C&C welcome. Always want to improve my photography.

5yb4eq1.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

- framing, light, subject. further points where i could improve in the future.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

- i would like to evoke a feeling or emotion within the viewer. it doesn't have to be anything specific.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

- this photo was taken after a full day of skiing and snowboarding. for the girl in the photo, it was her first ever day snowboarding and she was getting quite exhausted at the time.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

- i really like this picture. i think that it sums up a hard days play. i am also fond of the light and framing.

hmm maybe you should crop the the rule of the thirds. would seem effective in this pic.

if you had show a little bit of face would bring a great sense of emotion/mood to the picture.

but overall, the bw is quite a good idea.

cheers!

If you would have moved the subject to the right side of the frame to show what the subject was looking at (other snowboarders), that might have been more interesting... You can even rename the shot as "Tired... but not defeated"... or something in this line... just my two cents. Cheers.

yes, the subject need not always be in the centre depending on what you want to show you audience. If she's looking other snowboarders performing, you might want to take the pic from a little to your right and set a deeper dof.

Status
Not open for further replies.