Recommendation for High ISO PnS Compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayheem

Jun 11, 2004
Hi,

I am looking for a compact camera with good high ISO capability and full manual exposure control.

I already have the Fuji F31fd, but it lacks full manual exposure control.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Kay Heem

I thought Fujifilm F31fd has full manual control...

The new S90 :bsmilie:

The new S90 :bsmilie:
i'm kinda excited abt the S90, but havent seen reviews yet.
I quite like the rotating ring feature to allow u to change focal length/aperture/a few other features, makes mi feel like using a dslr, but without viewfinder.

i'm kinda excited abt the S90, but havent seen reviews yet.
I quite like the rotating ring feature to allow u to change focal length/aperture/a few other features, makes mi feel like using a dslr, but without viewfinder.

Nope. It only has 'pseudo-manual'. You can select aperture or shutter speed and exposure compensation, but not full manual. :-(

Nope. It only has 'pseudo-manual'. You can select aperture or shutter speed and exposure compensation, but not full manual. :-(

If you don't know what it can perform, go canon website and learn more. Dun mislead yourself :)

If you don't know what it can perform, go canon website and learn more. Dun mislead yourself :)

Oops, sorry. I clicked on the wrong reply. I was referring to the F31fd, not the S90. I am sure the S90 has full manual. Does anyone know if it supports adaptors for wide or tele add-on lenses?

Oops, sorry. I clicked on the wrong reply. I was referring to the F31fd, not the S90. I am sure the S90 has full manual. Does anyone know if it supports adaptors for wide or tele add-on lenses?
G11 for you then. :bsmilie:

Yes S90 has full manual mode, however it does not support adaptors.

G11 for you then. :bsmilie:
G11 is not exactly what I would call "compact"

Yes S90 has full manual mode, however it does not support adaptors.

G11 is not exactly what I would call "compact"
True. But is still smaller than GF1 and EP1.
If TS wants to go creative with Filters, Wide and Tele converters, G11 is his/her only choice.

True. But is still smaller than GF1 and EP1.
If TS wants to go creative with Filters, Wide and Tele converters, G11 is his/her only choice.

Actually, I need to attach it to a microscope at work to try to catch some images for documentation purposes. That is why it should be able to support attachments.

For my F31fd, I custom-made a ring and epoxy-ed it to the front of the body, then screwed on an adaptor :)

Attachment is OK, but having problems with the exposure. Can't rely on the auto-exposure for my needs.

You will be my enlightenment if you buy Canon S90 :sweat:. Because till now, no real consumer feedback and picture yet leh.

All the F series, LX3, G9/G11, m43.... all talk till cast to the grave already.

Status
Not open for further replies.