Real Kopitiam talk - Quan Yifeng: Please don't judge me

looks like the taxi driver is attempting to set up QYF to me. 15 mins max for her to be in the cab to rip out a taxi meter and cause other damages. which is more possible? a lady ripping it out with her bare hands or a taxi driver who knows how to dismantle it with the tools in his taxi. i love to see what happens in the end. better than the current mediacorpse dramas.

looks like the taxi driver is attempting to set up QYF to me. 15 mins max for her to be in the cab to rip out a taxi meter and cause other damages. which is more possible? a lady ripping it out with her bare hands or a taxi driver who knows how to dismantle it with the tools in his taxi. i love to see what happens in the end. better than the current mediacorpse dramas.

maybe cab companies cutting costs, nvr support their meters properly...

by the way, @bold, was that meant as a pun?? :bsmilie:

some of the taxi drivers can be quite rude also. i just encountered one when came back from changi airport just now. after boarded the taxi and told him the destination, the driver asked me which expressway i want to take, ecp or pie. since i encountered jams before taking ecp/aye during the same hours, i asked him which way has less congestion. then he impatiently said, raining lar, he cannot guarantee anything cos everywhere will have jam, then he went on and on non stop like i shouldn't ask him such question. so ok, nvm, when he paused for a moment, i told him pie. then he said aiya there was a tree fallen at the airport to pie entrance. then while driving towards the pie entrance he kept pointing at the electronic sign board and said, "you see or not? the sign showed entrance close, you see or not?" in my heart i was thinking, wth, if he already knew then why ask me to choose? just tell me at the beginning we need to take ecp cos pie is closed, then i would have gladly agreed. i was getting a little annoyed about his rude attitude but kept quiet to avoid confrontation. when the taxi passed by the entrance, he kept pointing to the blocked entrance and said: "you see or not? you see or not?" i just kept quiet the whole time, then when about reaching my house, there was a traffic jam and he filtered into the bus lane and signaled left turn before the traffic light to try to avoid the heavy traffic. but to go to my place need to go straight, otherwise it will be a big detour, so i told him we shouldn't turn left but should go straight. then he yelled "now i turned already then u say go straight!". but since that was before he took the turn, he eventually just went straight along the bus lane. and i was a bit stunned. shouldn't i tell him if he is making a wrong turn? ;(

btw the driver's family name is also tan. maybe the same driver? :think: :bsmilie:

It may be an agreement between both.
Someone needs to be in the news.
Desperate for publicity.

Just like some idiot holding press conference because he had some affair. Big deal.
Who gives a damn about his private life.
Maybe he thought he is a public figure.

To lostsole post #83,

for future action....turn on the voice recording device of your cell phone, under such circumstances. Ask for receipt at end of journey, saying that you need to claim from company. Make duplicate receipt and burn a copy of conversation on disc, sent it to LTA together with a letter.

the end result will be something like..$1,000 fine plus suspension of driving for 3 ~4 mths. depending the severity of the content of conversation.

make no fuss about it. just a press of the button.

Last edited:
Just a matter of curiosity....

has any one, or your friends, relatives etc...while travelling in a taxi, as a passenger..
ended up to be in the driver's seat.

the end result will be something like..$1,000 fine plus suspension of driving for 3 ~4 mths. depending the severity of the content of conversation.
If it's really $1000 fine and 3~4 months without $$ then I won't complain. How's the family going to survive?

has any one, or your friends, relatives etc...while travelling in a taxi, as a passenger..
Wat do u mean? Unless u r a certain F1 driver :)

I once offered to drive when I see the driver nodding behind the wheels. It was a late night journey....ard 2am I think. He declined so I just keep talking to him to keep him awake.

If it's really $1000 fine and 3~4 months without $$ then I won't complain. How's the family going to survive?

Wat do u mean? Unless u r a certain F1 driver :)

That's means you show compassion to the driver. As nowadays LTA comes down very hard on errant vocational license holders.

That is exactly also what I means, it is practically no way for a passenger to be in the seat of the taxi driver...basically it is already wrong.. Taxi company only allow the registered person with the company as the only person permitted to drive that particular taxi.

So to say, if Schemy do it in Sing, it will be like that Swiss guy spraying the train. MM Lee already explained clearly on the water week opening speech.

I once offered to drive when I see the driver nodding behind the wheels. It was a late night journey....ard 2am I think. He declined so I just keep talking to him to keep him awake.

It is the wisest idea / method to keep a sleepy /tired driver awake. In any way, the driver had already infringe the rules of safety driving guidelines, which should anything happened, he have to be responsible for everything.

Last edited:
It is the wisest idea / method to keep a sleepy /tired driver awake. In any way, the driver had already infringe the rules of safety driving guidelines, which should anything happened, he have to be responsible for everything.

seriously, my only concern is to get home safely. I told the driver to go home after dropping me off. Back to the QYF issue, I would think that the taxi driver is also reacting to her behaviour. Taxi drivers are human with emotions. If you shove and push them to the edge, they are not going to sit back and do nothing.

some of the taxi drivers can be quite rude also. i just encountered one when came back from changi airport just now. after boarded the taxi and told him the destination, the driver asked me which expressway i want to take, ecp or pie. since i encountered jams before taking ecp/aye during the same hours, i asked him which way has less congestion. then he impatiently said, raining lar, he cannot guarantee anything cos everywhere will have jam, then he went on and on non stop like i shouldn't ask him such question. so ok, nvm, when he paused for a moment, i told him pie. then he said aiya there was a tree fallen at the airport to pie entrance. then while driving towards the pie entrance he kept pointing at the electronic sign board and said, "you see or not? the sign showed entrance close, you see or not?" in my heart i was thinking, wth, if he already knew then why ask me to choose? just tell me at the beginning we need to take ecp cos pie is closed, then i would have gladly agreed. i was getting a little annoyed about his rude attitude but kept quiet to avoid confrontation. when the taxi passed by the entrance, he kept pointing to the blocked entrance and said: "you see or not? you see or not?" i just kept quiet the whole time, then when about reaching my house, there was a traffic jam and he filtered into the bus lane and signaled left turn before the traffic light to try to avoid the heavy traffic. but to go to my place need to go straight, otherwise it will be a big detour, so i told him we shouldn't turn left but should go straight. then he yelled "now i turned already then u say go straight!". but since that was before he took the turn, he eventually just went straight along the bus lane. and i was a bit stunned. shouldn't i tell him if he is making a wrong turn? ;(

btw the driver's family name is also tan. maybe the same driver? :think: :bsmilie:

i had a similar experience too. TD ask me what route i wanted to take. I said "anything" and got some rude comment from him that it is very difficult for drivers if passengers say anything. so i said ok take Raod A. then he tell me Road A always got jam why I want to choose Road A. Fine, take Road B then. Road B is a longer road, why you want to take Road B. A bit hot liao, so i said take Road C. WHy now then you tell me, Road C now must u-turn. SO i said uncle please choose the road you want. He said take Road B la.

Interesting. 5 pages of the this thread within 22 hours. :bsmilie:

There will be finger prints all over, so it shouldn't be difficult for the police to conclude who is at fault.

Now, if you are the judge, what corrective punishment will you impose on the guilty party?

Now, if you are the judge, what corrective punishment will you impose on the guilty party?
I will assigned the guilty a non-elected seat in the Legislative Yuan or Taiwanese parliament, so at every seating he or she will be whacked or slapped by MPs of other parties at every hearing. :bsmilie:

[vid]c1OnxUkhE2o[/vid]
YouTube Video ID No. C1ONXUKHE2O

Last edited:
i had a similar experience too. TD ask me what route i wanted to take. I said "anything" and got some rude comment from him that it is very difficult for drivers if passengers say anything. so i said ok take Raod A. then he tell me Road A always got jam why I want to choose Road A. Fine, take Road B then. Road B is a longer road, why you want to take Road B. A bit hot liao, so i said take Road C. WHy now then you tell me, Road C now must u-turn. SO i said uncle please choose the road you want. He said take Road B la.

My other experience with a taxi driver is slightly different. Along the way, the driver was telling me how ang moh tipped drivers. Then when I reached destination and handed him amount in ten dollar notes. I cannot remember if it was $20 or $30. He told me thanks for the tips and kept the change. I think the balance is between $3-5. From his rough and unpolished hokkien accent, I can tell he is a gambler and badly in debt. So I did not argue and just took down his taxi number.

Maybe the friend is a toy boy so cannot be mentioned.

Curious: was the male fren with her all time? Then what was he doing?

photo in the papers show he bo chap, standing one side using his handphone.

alamak, what do u guys expect from him, know her temper (base on her past records).

1) possible case 1, dangerous for him to stop her.:sweat:

2) possible case 2, do u think he can do a better job than her? :bsmilie:

photo in the papers show he bo chap, standing one side using his handphone.

alamak, what do u guys expect from him, know her temper (base on her past records).

1) possible case 1, dangerous for him to stop her.:sweat:

2) possible case 2, do u think he can do a better job than her? :bsmilie:

there is 1 more.

* Don't bite the hand that is feeding you.

HAHA