Real Cost or Value of Nikon 24-70mm

glitz38

Jun 2, 2010
The cost of this lens in one on-line store is around 2,095 SGD brand new while the common local stores cost is around 2699 SGD also brand new.Then in the second hand (used) market costs around 1800 to 2300 SGD.My question is what is the difference between these on-line store and the common local store.I do not want to speculate so I am asking those who had the real encounter.For sure I can save with the on-line store but I am not sure of the catch.Thanks everyone.

The online stores are grey sets, without local warranty.

2699 is on the high side. The recommended stores are cheaper than that.

Not sure which online store you are talking about. I think if there is a valid warranty (even if it was not local warranty), I think Nikon would honor that warranty for lenses (only). However if the online store specifically pointed out that the warranty that you will be getting are 'shop warranty', then yeah, there NSC will still charge you for the repair cost if anything happen and you brought it back to them. Some online store had physical store in Singapore (such as DDelectronic and artworkfoto) whereby you can bring your lens down to them and they will sent it for repairs if anything happen... or you can claim from them when you sent that lens to NSC for repair (all depend on what the shops tell you).

I also noticed this interesting observation.

For 24-70, many of those selling in the BNS (1 to 2 years old lenses without warranty) are selling more expensive then what you can get brand new online, with shop warranty (likely will take longer to repair, but it's still better than buying from BNS with little or no warranty).

Example, at ddelectronices, it listed the price at $2095 (i guess glitz38 could be referring to this shop too)
http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/products/Nikkor-AF%252dS-24%252d70mm-f%7B47%7D2.8G-ED-Autofocus-Camera-Lens.html

Anyone have any real life experiences buying from the online shop? Any issues when u you need to repair the lenses?

I also noticed this interesting observation.

For 24-70, many of those selling in the BNS (1 to 2 years old lenses without warranty) are selling more expensive then what you can get brand new online, with shop warranty (likely will take longer to repair, but it's still better than buying from BNS with little or no warranty).

Example, at ddelectronices, it listed the price at $2095 (i guess glitz38 could be referring to this shop too)
http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/products/Nikkor-AF%252dS-24%252d70mm-f%7B47%7D2.8G-ED-Autofocus-Camera-Lens.html

Anyone have any real life experiences buying from the online shop? Any issues when u you need to repair the lenses?

Apparently DDE has gone out of business...