Pulau Ubin Invasion on 12th Feb 2005 by Lumixer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
natnivek said:
Hi Josho/rhair78/Hongjia,

Looked through your albums in multiply! Just had to say, FANTASTIC! Had an enjoyable time doing so. ;)

Yo natnivek, thanks! If you can spare the time, just go ahead and write your thoughts on the multiply page, so I can work on my shooting ;) Thanks mate.

chianchiek said:
Hi josho, any idea what's the price of 72mm CP and UV filter? for yours, is it a non-coating or standard coating one?

Plan carefully before u start buying filters... though it is 20 - 40 per filter, it adds up to alot when you wan to upgrade, like getting a phayee tube that takes in 62mm filter...

Thanks Josho, that two are totally straight from the camera, no post process at all except to resize.

Thanks Rhair78 for the comments...

rhair78 said:
Hi chianchiek, sorry to butt in.

I got my 72mm Tokina CP for $45 at Cathay Photo, and Tokina UV for $25.

From other threads, I understand that others have managed to get lower prices.. :p
Hi rhair78, I'm already using Tokina UV, the problem is that in some situation, the UV filter reflected the leica lens onto the image taken... :confused: So, I'm thinking of changing it to a better one, but have no idea at all which to get.

Btw, do you encounter such problem before?

Thank you josho for the info btw~:)

Thanks for viewing. My multiply is anyhow take photos. hahaha.. I had open another gallery which u may able to find the link in my multiply.

And also, welcome. We do share info among each other.

As for the UV filter case of reflecting.. erm.. i dun think I encounter the prob before. But then again, it shouldnt be on that case.. hm...

chianchiek said:
Hi rhair78, I'm already using Tokina UV, the problem is that in some situation, the UV filter reflected the leica lens onto the image taken... :confused: So, I'm thinking of changing it to a better one, but have no idea at all which to get.

Thank you josho for the info btw~:)

You want a piece of mind, get the better quality one, like those from B+W. While you try to save a little money by buying Tokina/Hoya, in the end you have to buy again. A 58mm B+W is about $45, 67mm about $60, 72mm should be about $70-80. Note they are Multi Resistent Coated (MRC).

ic, thanks for the info, anyway, here's 2 samples of the reflection captured.

reflection.jpg

reflectionb.jpg

Hmmzz... Probably the original adaptor is too long, have you try with another UV filter with the 72mm adaptor? From the two photos, it seem to be taken under very harsh sunlight... could it be the main problem...?

It is flare, which your Leica len did well to reflect off. However, your UV Filter failed in this (multi coated are meant to reduce such problems).

chianchiek said:

Yup. got the reflection before.. was so shocked... cos i even had the hood on.
Proved that the tube adapter and hood from panasonic is absolute shite.

I have since been using the raynox tube adapter and no more problems hehehe.. with a 52mm multi coated UV filter. thanks to zenten.

Please dun post asking where to get tube adapters locally, cos i also have absolutely no idea. I just look out on the buy/sell forum.

yes, both were taken under very harsh sunlight.

well, most likely will get the B+W mrc this weekend if the price is below $70~

If both taken under harsh sunlight, how would u noe if B+W can handle such flare.

I am not saying that B+W is not good... but u are not solving the problem... as it might reallie juz be the tube adaptor being too long. The 72mm adapter is like at least 1.5x the length of the phayee adaptor. (Actually i don't noe if this is the actual source of problem too... Just trying to give some feedback, because B+W is really a big investment... and 72 mm is reallie not a good chioce for future invest on Wcon and Tcons)

Cheers...

chianchiek said:
yes, both were taken under very harsh sunlight.

well, most likely will get the B+W mrc this weekend if the price is below $70~

Hi chianchiek, just to note, I realised my mistake with the tube and hood comment. It was designed and tested without having any 72mm filters used.

There is reduced flare and ghosting with the help of a coating on Leica lenses.

So try shooting with on the tube adapter and hood but without any filters on. Should solve the problem.

I'm using hoya 62mm on my phayee and no problem also. I'd suggest that if you confirm you don't intend to use conversion lenses or buying close up filters that are only available in smaller thread sizes, then you can try to get better 72mm UV filter. But make sure you really test that it'll solve your problem first. Or don't use any filter at all.

I'm pretty sure buying a 3rd party adapter to shorten the distance between the lens and the filter will solve your problem, but you need to get a suitable thread sized filter on top of that which adds up to the cost of just getting a good 72mm filter.But this would allow you to use conversion lenses in future. :)

thanks all for the feedback, now, like what you guys suggested, i'm thinking of getting the phayee adapter :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.