Problem to shoot in extreme sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninad.kothekar

Feb 23, 2005
Hi, :)
I am not a prof. photographer but I am inspired form this site. :bigeyes:
I have Canon EOS Rebel Ti 35mm SLR camera & wants to know some details from your side.

1)Other then "auto" option If I want to shoot at noon (temp around 35 °C to 38 °C in the month of May in INDIA) which option is best like Sport, Beach, Portrait or S,AV etc. I never try any of this. Want to know the proper EV value, AP value, S value to shoot in extreme sunlight.

or give me some urls in which details of this particular camera is given like which option is ok for which whether.

I try to search on net but didn't get the exact info. :dunno:

help me :embrass:

thanks
Ninad
:thumbsup:

Got a few questions.

What are you trying to shoot in extreme sunlight? Landscape? Or do you have a subject nearby like people or things? Try to be specific with what you're trying to do.

As far as finding the proper Av, Tv value to shoot in any condition...it doesn't exist. It's all a question of what you're trying to do with the image.

I always ask people this question: Do you know what your aperture and shutter can do for you?

ninad.kothekar said:
Hi, :)
I am not a prof. photographer but I am inspired form this site. :bigeyes:
I have Canon EOS Rebel Ti 35mm SLR camera & wants to know some details from your side.

1)Other then "auto" option If I want to shoot at noon (temp around 35 °C to 38 °C in the month of May in INDIA) which option is best like Sport, Beach, Portrait or S,AV etc. I never try any of this. Want to know the proper EV value, AP value, S value to shoot in extreme sunlight.

or give me some urls in which details of this particular camera is given like which option is ok for which whether.

I try to search on net but didn't get the exact info. :dunno:

help me :embrass:

thanks
Ninad
:thumbsup:

if you shoot in the extreme sunlight it means extreme Contrast.
try to use diffuser if you shoot potraits or object near you or you can use flash as well to balance the object and the background.

if you shoot landscape, just wait for the right timing, eg. ehn white cloud cover the sun, it act like diffuser aswell.

The best thing to know your answer is you have to try out as much as possible and read the basic camera operation, lots of website have this kind of information like www.dpreview.com, www.photonotes.com, www.luminous-landscape.com, www.fredmiranda.com, or you can search google.

hope it helps

Wow.. must be hot huh during summer :sweat:

ND-4 or cir PL filter may help.
Try it out ... :

Thanks

I'll definitely try to update myself from these sites given by XL1, Thanks.
Give me some time I'll definitely get back to you with some good images.
thanks to all :thumbsup:
by 4 now

Status
Not open for further replies.