5403595801_cd8e1c6d7d.jpg

Emo Danbo :) :heart:
Just me 2 cents

Before Before Before Before Before After After After After After After
5473178324_cf19434e70.jpg

Just me 2 cents

prefer the before version... cos the after version, your danbot is pinch black, cannot see a thing. anyway my office monitor not calibrated.

prefer the before version... cos the after version, your danbot is pinch black, cannot see a thing. anyway my office monitor not calibrated.

Yup, I think the silhouette effect was intentional.

you guys are fantastic!

can i request the photos to be posted with some guidelines as to what was changed to get the desired effect? :embrass:

this will help noobs like me to try figure things in photoshop instead of aimless and gawking at the post-processed :dunno:

thanks!

Before Before Before Before Before After After After After After After
5473178324_cf19434e70.jpg

Just me 2 cents

I love what you did to the ground. It looks so old, nice.

I actually prefer the non-PP version: the ships show activity, giving the pic some "life". Would have been better if the ship on the right wasn't obstructed by the buoy.

Hi, thanks. but if you look at the first picture there is no composition at all. When I took this shot, the only think in my mind to to capture this "no entry sign" and pp the way you have seen it. That was my intention.

minimalistic is not purely about photoshopping a photo. it's the way you compose and express your subject in your image. What Manita did was more digital manipulation than photography (albeit a nicely done up one). Read up more on the true minimalistic approach by various landscape shooters that focuses more on photography itself. One of my fav is Michael Kenna.
Hello uncle Ah_K, your explanation is very good and accurate and I learn something from you. DIGITAl MANIPULATION. Michael Kenna is also my favorite. I also like people like MoiseLevy, Sleachim, Arkadius and so on.. I learn alot from all these people.:)

I think Manita's post really blew me away. I had no idea she puts in so much effort into a single image. Here is my contribution, a far cry compared to hers.

Hi emlee, I think everyone can do it. Its just finding out how to use the tools in photoshop and then practice and practice until you can achieve it.:)

Thanks for the insights... Sifu Manita ;)
Hi chiangkxv, no sifu la... everyone is learning to improve. we have all the software to learn and can crate so many things in processing. But not just this... composition and alot other things are more important than PP.:)

Before

for this particular pic, i did the following...
1) tighter crop
2) applied 2 graduated filters of -0.2 & -0.5 diagonally
3) WB
4) exposure -0.4, fill-light +15 & black +10
5) tone curves -15 to darks & shadows
6) contrast +70, vibrance +10 & saturation -5

*yes, the hair is abit "messi", i know...

Last edited:
This is a very interesting thread to read :p

Minimalism - Before & After

xnt4pv.jpg

5335207718_fb40bbe8f0_o_d.jpg

This thread is quite fun...

The final digital edit is really pleasing, u have a great eye for aesthetics MGohzxc.
The isolation is achieved and more impactful than the initial original clutter

But it also leaves one to ponder if it is anymore of a photograph left.

Ryan