Post your 'Before' & 'After' Post Processing pictures

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
Like it or not, I think post processing is very important to make the picture look nicer. However, it is not just about how to use the tools in the software, but also ideas in presenting the mode you want it to be. Like many other newbies, I know how to use some of the basic tools in photoshop but I hope to learn more. I think it’ll be good to learn from the experts here & get to see the pictures ‘before’ & ‘after’ the PP (Although some only believed in showing the best). Anyone willing to share? To kick start, I will post the 1st picture & hope to see more…

Before:
Before.jpg

After:

After.jpg

So, 89 ppl has viewed but nobody wants to share?

Like it or not, I think post processing is very important to make the picture look nicer. However, it is not just about how to use the tools in the software, but also ideas in presenting the mode you want it to be. Like many other newbies, I know how to use some of the basic tools in photoshop but I hope to learn more. I think it’ll be good to learn from the experts here & get to see the pictures ‘before’ & ‘after’ the PP (Although some only believed in showing the best). Anyone willing to share? To kick start, I will post the 1st picture & hope to see more…

Before:
Before.jpg

After:

After.jpg

u do realise the water looks very fake after you have cleaned it up?

i was wondering why you removed the items floating on the water since the one with it looks better than the edited one?

So, u prefer the orig.? I just feel that it's too dirty & very distracting...:confused:

u do realise the water looks very fake after you have cleaned it up?

Yea...u got a point! Didn't realise it...Thank you..

Hello SamPaul.
I think everyone would PP their shots differently.
The vegetation on the surface of the water is no doubt distracting.
If I were to do it, I'd probably just burn them in a little bit and desaturate their Green/Yellow so that they fade more into the water rather than removing them totally.
Ah... but just my suggestion only.

So, u prefer the orig.? I just feel that it's too dirty & very distracting...:confused:

Yea...u got a point! Didn't realise it...Thank you..

i thought the original looks fine. but its your photo.

did some quick editing to your "after" shot.

5435559911_5911f3d5d9_o.jpg

i thought the original looks fine. but its your photo.

did some quick editing to your "after" shot.

5435559911_5911f3d5d9_o.jpg

This i find it more or rather very natural, if i didn't see the picture before edit, i would believe it's str away raw from the the camera. nice work.

Well, some shots are practically unusable without pp.

Aerial shot out of plane window
IMG_0463-Before.jpg
IMG_0463-After.jpg

Before shot in RAW and after adjustment in LR3. I think what my eyes saw was actually much closer to the "before" than the "after", so much for trying to recreate what the eyes see.
:)

IMG_0463-Before.jpg
IMG_0463-After.jpg

Before shot in RAW and after adjustment in LR3. I think what my eyes saw was actually much closer to the "before" than the "after", so much for trying to recreate what the eyes see.

nice one. :thumbsup:

IMG_0463-Before.jpg
IMG_0463-After.jpg

:bigeyes:

What were the adjustment made? Seems like quite alot of effort was put into pp.

Here's mine.

This photo shot with a ND filter around 3pm+ (not an ideal time to shoot actually).

Aim: To make a film like vintage photo (my style).

Before:

r7lrm0.jpg

The ND filter gives off a color cast which needs to be corrected.

After:

5420359625_33bee59842.jpg

Process:
- On Canon DPP
1. I corrected the white balance to correct the color cast.
2. Played with curves.

- On Lightroom
1. Did some tweaking and add heavy grains.

"auto levels" per se would have instantly brought the image reasonably close to this final product, but obviously anything "auto" means you lose a lot of the control over the details...

Well though not much but let me share mine as well. :)

Before:
jesuke2.jpg

After:
jesuke.jpg