Subscribing to this thread :thumbsup:

A lot of 'talented' PP-digital artists here :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Original out of cam Jpeg

5460391231_9847c13973_z.jpg

Final result processed from RAW.

5197745860_0fff9126e1.jpg

Steps:

Leveling and some distortion correction.
Crop to square.
Remove dust spots (using heal).
Adjusting blacks and contrast.
Desaturate using channels.
Adjust luminosity in channels.
adjust blacks, fill and contrast.
add clarity.
noise reduction.
Resize to smaller.
slight unsharp mask.
Add borders and signature.

somehow i prefer the orig photo without pp.... nice colours :)

somehow i prefer the orig photo without pp.... nice colours :)

cant agree more, the original is beautiful :)

Last edited:
my new contribution... this is a more recent photo i took on friday night. my favorite photo for that night. was a bit adventurous so sneak into CTE to took this.

Before
jubul3.jpg

After
5455872125_ca0ea91c3a.jpg

Process:
- On Canon DPP (did this purely on canon DPP)
1. I corrected the white balance.
2. Played with curves. Experimented a little different curve settings that I always use and I like the end result!

Reason why I did some PP to the original cos I felt that it looks dull... so with some experiment on the curves, I hope to make it looks more interesting and exciting.

here's mine..

before:
before%201.jpg

after:
after%201.jpg

Last edited:
my new contribution... this is a more recent photo i took on friday night. my favorite photo for that night. was a bit adventurous so sneak into CTE to took this.

Before
jubul3.jpg

After
5455872125_ca0ea91c3a.jpg

Process:
- On Canon DPP (did this purely on canon DPP)
1. I corrected the white balance.
2. Played with curves. Experimented a little different curve settings that I always use and I like the end result!

Reason why I did some PP to the original cos I felt that it looks dull... so with some experiment on the curves, I hope to make it looks more interesting and exciting.

:thumbsup: for the idea :)

before

5466801687_bf8a5e478e_b.jpg

after

5467398080_4222e8ab23_b.jpg

could have shot it with a high key setting but the original decision was to create a more mid low key look. but then the client changed his mind ...

Minimalism - Before & After

This thread is quite fun...

omg thanks for showing this! respect!!! now i feel like trying also but looks super difficult :sweat:

4585749605_afc15931ed.jpg

Personal fun project. The b4 is just a normal guy in that pose, nothing much to see..lol

Started out just as a curious experiment to see how combining a guy and lava will look. But then I start adding more & more till I decided to just complete it..

Really fun deciding what goes where and which parts should be more hardened, spilling, or just more like contained underneath the surface.. On his left chest theres this muscle structure cause its important to not make him look all 'hard', else will look more boring..

There is an obvious lack of smoke, glow or maybe other associated elements but that is as preferred; I like it 'cleaner' so can see more detail..

All elements are taken from photos and manipulated, I can't draw..lol
I'm a freelance retoucher..;)

Last edited:
Very eye opening experience viewing this thread.....been playing with only basic curves/sat stuffs, time to try different techniques.

Great Job CSers!

As a TS, I'm glad to see such a good respond. I believed many (including me) have benefited from the thread. Hope to keep this active...good job guys...:thumbsup:;)

Well though not much but let me share mine as well. :)

Before:
jesuke2.jpg

After:
jesuke.jpg

Nice pp work! I don't see the edges "glowing". Sharp subject. Which type of blur did you use if you don't mind me asking? ;)

Hi here's a contribution too ;)

Before
DSC_8355.jpg

I cloned the shaded area over the lady who walked past. Then blur the image somemore to cover up traces of cloning. Level it, did some changes to brightness/contrast. Some adjustments to colour balance and lastly cropped it accordingly.

After
DSC_8355-1e.jpg

Before
DSC_8226.jpg

Created different copies of diff exposures and went through HDR processing.

After
DSC_8226-1e.jpg

Last edited:
delinquent said:
Nice pp work! I don't see the edges "glowing". Sharp subject. Which type of blur did you use if you don't mind me asking? ;)

Hi there, this is done with CS5 filter>Lens Blur. The success of the pp is not the blurring method used but from refine edge after doing a quick selection with magic wand. Damn good feature.