Please help the dogs in korea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, we should not encourage to consume any WILD animals (animals that are in the wild) ...... and as long as it is FARM animal, it is acceptable to me. :think:

p.s. just a parody taken to extremes, sorry if you don't find it funny.

There have been times when I've felt that way. Over the past 11 years, I've watched wild areas removed to provide houses and offices. When the bears and alligators and vultures return, people complain that the area belongs to humans. Animals may lay claim to an area, but since there is no paper involved, they cannot debate the problem.

In the U.S.A., there has long been a debate about veal--young beef--and the way the cows are kept in small cages. There has recently been commentary on fish from Asia and the way fish farms work. So now, we can add dogs in Korea.

If it's simply about eating dog meat, it's not going to stop and why should it? They're not on an endangered species list; although, there are restaurants which serve such animals. They also eat dog in other countries, don't they? If we think far enough, we'll stop eating everything.

U like to behave like an ah tiong?? :think:

:hung:.....:cry::cry::cry: i didn't know tat u r so inhuman, u do not keep pets, right? or izzit you keep only little gecko in your kitchen?

i think the term ah tiong should not be ever seen here, it seems very derogatory to me, since it isn't exactly part of the national unofficial dialect until somebody started it.

how would you like it, if "ah tiongs" referred to singaporean chinese as "ah xings"?

U like to behave like an ah tiong?? :think:

i didn't know tat u r so inhuman, u do not keep pets, right? or izzit you keep only little gecko in your kitchen?

Since when did CS turn into HWZ?:bigeyes:

Tens of thousands of people are dead in Myanmar with millions made homeless and we are sympathizing the dogs.

Tens of thousands of people are dead in Myanmar with millions made homeless and we are sympathizing the dogs.

So the different is...? human being is the greatest ? I think it is mother nature that the 'disaster' hit Myanmar, or maybe it is their faith (dogs have their own faith too), what can we do....? pity here, pity there, charity this, charity that.....wow so many other countries need our help too:think:, we will be very busy:sweat:....btw, Myanmar don't like outside world to 'disturb' their country, they have 'things' they doesn't want ppl to know..we cant do much lah :dunno:

Thanks Del_CtrlnoAlt for all the great advice, we young ppl should learn from you more :) What's the big deal in sympathizing the dogs, they are just food to humans. The earth is 'round'... dogs eaten by humans, human 'eaten' / killed / die and return to the earth.

STOP KOREA FROM LEGALIZING DOG MEAT CONSUMPTION !!

The article is in chinese, those who read chinese pls help, there is a petition letter for download(in three language: chinese, Korean & english).

Korean killed 200thousand of dogs every year for their meat, they feed the dogs rotten food, provide extreme poor living condition. They kill the dogs by hanging them to death or strangle them to death(photos are provided in the site). Dogs lover, pls help!!

So the different is...? human being is the greatest ? I think it is mother nature that the 'disaster' hit Myanmar, or maybe it is their faith (dogs have their own faith too), what can we do....? pity here, pity there, charity this, charity that.....wow so many other countries need our help too:think:, we will be very busy:sweat:....btw, Myanmar don't like outside world to 'disturb' their country, they have 'things' they doesn't want ppl to know..we cant do much lah :dunno:

:dunno:

The article is in chinese, those who read chinese pls help, there is a petition letter for download(in three language: chinese, Korean & english).

Korean killed 200thousand of dogs every year for their meat, they feed the dogs rotten food, provide extreme poor living condition. They kill the dogs by hanging them to death or strangle them to death(photos are provided in the site). Dogs lover, pls help!!

Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
So the different is...? human being is the greatest ? I think it is mother nature that the 'disaster' hit Myanmar, or maybe it is their faith (dogs have their own faith too), what can we do....? pity here, pity there, charity this, charity that.....wow so many other countries need our help too, we will be very busy....btw, Myanmar don't like outside world to 'disturb' their country, they have 'things' they doesn't want ppl to know..we cant do much lah

:dunno:

:dunno::dunno: then you have to study what Del_CtrlnoAlt say in the thread, he teaches us alot. Animals got killed no need to sympathize, cause they are food, then why do we need to
sympathize human being when they got killed or die ?? It is mother nature:sweatsm:

one man's pet is another's delicacy

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/siulamtang/article?mid=20896 (the last few photos..my god :eek: :angry: )
http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=496216&extra=page=1

Humans are great because they can show compassion.
Human beings should stand up for animal rights because
1) Animals are not very capable of expressing their sufferings.
2) A lot of people cannot understand how making animals suffer is wrong or do not know that they are suffering.

The people in Myanmar are human beings who are fully capable of expressing their suffering
and they have already done. If we choose to ignore the suffering of people who appeal to us for help, in many ways that makes us worse that people who makes animals/humans suffer.Compassion shouldn't be unbiased. Your posts suggests that you have a very immature and self-contradictory view of the issue. It's hard to take anyone as such seriously.

As for regards to your question above; the difference is, humans beings are not food, human beings are also a force of nature ( albeit a manipulative one) and most importantly, that you are a human being too.

<one man's pet is another's delicacy>

WOW..So many people from other countries are protesting ...to Del_CtrlnoAlt ,they are wasting their time.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2008/04/10/2003408868

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/humannature/archive/2008/04/15/legalize-dog-meat.aspx
Quote from this site - Now we have a health problem. According to the article, Korean dog "slaughtering and processing is carried out in dirty environments and poses risks to diners' health."

Haha, so it might invlove human being's health in the end.. history repeat : poultry(chick) virus.....

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25016

http://ilovedino.blogspot.com/2008/04/stop-korea-from-legalizing-dog-meat.html

http://www.care2.com/news/member/525884267/721789

http://care.savedogsinkorea.com-a.googlepages.com/main23

No matter what, i discourage eating of dogs.

Sadly, there nothing much we can do.

There are still lot of petition on-going, but nothing had change.

Korea goverment had only temporary banned dog eating culture during the 1988 Seoul Olympics & 2002 World Cup period when it came under international pressure. (FIFA & Olympics Council)

Humans are great because they can show compassion.
Human beings should stand up for animal rights because
1) Animals are not very capable of expressing their sufferings.
2) A lot of people cannot understand how making animals suffer is wrong or do not know that they are suffering.

is it? that's not what some of the members or moderator think, they say animals are just FOOD!! They Compare Man's best friend to little farm animals like chick chick, sheep sheep, ducky ducky, goat goat.......i'm the thread starter, who should i listen to...?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.