Lost in The Backstreets --- Nepal, 11Days

hyyd87

Oct 10, 2008
Go to Nepal, just like a pilgrim who is going to Jerusalem. The 11days in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur makes memory full of my heart, the dark brick wall based city main tones, colorful and vivid doors, woman with vivid sari and water jars passes it in the morning, all people devote their very beginning times to God everyday.
When I see the dead body burning in Pashupatinath temple, the scenario really shock my soul very deeply, tourists sit along with the river bank to take a look at it, the living and death just was separated by a shallow river.
When I walked around the three Durbar squares, the warm sunshine spreads all over the square and into my coffee cup, everyone sits or lays down on the stairs, does nothing but enjoy the leisure time, even the dogs, sparrows and all other animals look like leisure looking. It is said that men in Nepal are the happiest ones in the whole world, but in my mind, the extreme shortage of necessary stuffs in daily life make this kind of feeling fade a lot.
The street snacks is just yummy, especially the mo-mo, buffalo meat dumplings, I can eat more than 30 pieces in one meal, with the local special chili sauce, and it’s dirty cheap! Less than SGD$3 per meal, but due to the dry climate and the very spicy chili sauce makes my lip swollen and hurt so much...
I think there are two special things in Nepal, one is electrical power scheduled shut down, the other is strike, I don't know whether it's fortunately or not, I encounter them both. On the day I return, here comes a strike all over the country, the consequence is neither any public bus nor taxi in operation, even highway also closed. How can I get to airport? It's really troublesome. at last, with the help of local polices, I find a way: A vehicle full of heavy armed cops escalates our car in front to lead the way, there are lots of strikers along the highway, everywhere is the broken bricks, and our car was even stopped by the strikers on half way, I was asked why I appear on there on the strike day...
But finally we arrive at airport and I have to pay five more times fare to the driver due to his "brave". This is the most expensive taxi I take in my whole life.
In one word, this is a really culture hard trip to me, it will be the eternal memory in my life......

Last edited:
1. Durbar Square, Kathmandu
6563406101_b121fecfdc_o.jpg

2. Durbar Square, Kathmandu
6563415231_700197ebd7_o.jpg

3. Durbar Square, Kathmandu
6563415393_c86fcd9eae_o.jpg

4. Mutton Shop, Kathmandu
6563415923_441fafdce7_o.jpg

5. The Family, Kathmandu
6563416393_7347ff3619_o.jpg

I feel so sad, looking at this photo.... :cry:

This kind of vibe is really a little upset, but fortunately it is just mutton, not......:smile:

6. Mutton Shop, Kathmandu
6563415771_83e74a8afc_o.jpg

7. Mutton Shop, Kathmandu
6563415065_a143352cc7_o.jpg

8. Durbar Square, Kathmandu
6563416057_f102c477ba_o.jpg

Last edited:
9. Tamel, Kathmandu, Fujichrome Provia100F:
6563405965_708bb9063c_o.jpg

10. Durbar Square, Kathmandu, Tri-X:
6574309875_edcf4c55e8_o.jpg