Pictures for web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigberd

Jun 20, 2004
Singapore
www.bigberdimages.com.sg
Hi. I don't know if this is the right forum to post this. Anyway I try.

I've been trying to do up my website and naturally it has got pics in it. The pics are colour managed using my own calibrated profile. When I test run the pics, it looked great on my screen (naturally), but once I used another computer to view the same pictures, I get very dull and dark pictures.

Does anyone out there know who to solve this problem? Do I need to save the file using sRGB or something else to improve the situation?

bigberd said:
Hi. I don't know if this is the right forum to post this. Anyway I try.

I've been trying to do up my website and naturally it has got pics in it. The pics are colour managed using my own calibrated profile. When I test run the pics, it looked great on my screen (naturally), but once I used another computer to view the same pictures, I get very dull and dark pictures.

Does anyone out there know who to solve this problem? Do I need to save the file using sRGB or something else to improve the situation?

I used "Converting to Working space" to preserve the colors in PS. Hope this will help.. :D

I always batch convert to sRGB (amongst other things) before posting pics to my web. Seems to give fairly consistent rendition on other hardware (although tends to be slightly darker on some CRT monitors - at home i have LCD).

I guess I'm spoiled by my Mac cos I get such fantastic colours for my pics. I have tried converting them to sRGB but they are only marginally brighter on my CRT monitor. Sigh......

Does this also mean that this is a limitation of the web page, in as far as display of pictures are concerned? What I mean is, is this something that we have to live with and cannot do more?

Status
Not open for further replies.