Photoshop Speed test for both Macs and PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oeyvind said:
Not sure what this prove my old Dual 1.8 G5 finished the task in 59.64 sec

It proves that this particular filter benefits tremendously from a dual processor ;)

kahheng said:
You know the version of PS is also relevant.

In PS 7.01, 2:00

In PS CS2, 1:30

P4 3.0C, 2 gig of DDR400 value ram running at slowest ram timings.

My dinky Thinkpad running a Pentium M 1.5Ghz with 1 gig of RAM did 2:31 using PS 7.01 (I don't have CS2 installed on the laptop). The timings were uncannily the same using CS.

thx for pointing that out. i was trying it on CS2. probably will end up with a 2+mins timing if i was running it on ver 7. :)

dun forget those background apps running in the backgnd also. the more & heavier duty apps in the backgnd, the slower the CPU will run this test.

kahheng said:
It proves that this particular filter benefits tremendously from a dual processor ;)

hmm....

Let me try on my Dual Xeon 3Ghz, Prescott 3.6Ghz dual core, Pentium 820 dual core and Pentium 3.8Ghz Extreme Edition

guess which will be fastest? :D

Wai said:
hmm....

Let me try on my Dual Xeon 3Ghz, Prescott 3.6Ghz dual core, Pentium 820 dual core and Pentium 3.8Ghz Extreme Edition

guess which will be fastest? :D

The one with at least 2GB of memory (@ DDR400 or faster) and the fastest storage sub-system.

Technically, the 3.8GHz EE will lead the way. Especially if you have dual-channel, DDR400 memory running at low-latencies.
But I've won dual-cores and faster processors in PS CS2 with my Prescott 3.0 just because of a faster storage sub-system.. So anything goes..

1 mins 34 secs
dual g4 1.25ghz 2gig of ram
PS cs2

question, what's the latest intel chip speed ? I'm quite suprised by the speed of my machine compared to the rest here considering it is at least 2+ years old. Maybe the rest of the intel system are also 2 year old machines ? maybe, because I don't keep track if intel's progress.

edited to add ps version, seems to do alot of diff

Specs:
12"PB 1.5 GHz G4 with 768 MB DDR SDRAM OS 10.4.3

Time:
2:45

Slow. Very slow. Super slow. ;)

Using Photoshop CS2

PC 850E Chipset - 2.8Ghz with 2GB RD-RAMs = 1min 08 seconds:devil:

Mac iBook 1.44 Ghz with 768 MB DDR-RAM = 3 mins 02 seconds (OS Tiger 10.4.1)

rueyloon said:
I'm quite suprised by the speed of my machine compared to the rest here considering it is at least 2+ years old. Maybe the rest of the intel system are also 2 year old machines ? maybe, because I don't keep track if intel's progress.

The radial blur test (and other specific filters I am sure) strongly favours dual processor machines. Of course it's just one filter that's being tested. I am not surprised that your dual G4 ran at that speed (my nearly two year old single P4 3.0Ghz single CPU with average speed ram ran about the same as yours.)

Current AMD dual cores would run this test extremely fast as well.

61 Sec

PS CS2/Dual 1.8 G5/1.5Gb/10.4.3 Ram:sweatsm:

haha interesting..

mine clocked in at 2min 15sec..

Imac G5 1.8ghz, 1GB DDR, 10.3.9, CS2

Mine's a 3.5 year old machine.
Pentium 4, 2.oGHZ. 1GB ram
Time - 4 min 40 secs.
Wah. A bit slow, but I can take it. haha.

I'm interested to know the timing of dual core PC timings, esp when it's $1000+ cheaper than dual core Macs.

nightpiper said:
mine: 1min 15sec

old 478pins 3GHz Prescott Intel
1GB of old DDR RAM
2x SATA drive (one as scratch disk)
X700 ATI AGP graphics card.

really curious how a dual core will run... :devil: :devil:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hey your Prescott is 15 seconds faster than my Northwood despite the same clock speed.

Hi.

Mine took 1 min 22 secs.

My rig is running on AMD Althlon64 3000+ (overclocked to dunno what speed) with 2 gig of ram.

Not bad ... not bad ... unless I run the test wrongly ... :bsmilie:

Parka said:
Mine's a 3.5 year old machine.
Pentium 4, 2.oGHZ. 1GB ram
Time - 4 min 40 secs.
Wah. A bit slow, but I can take it. haha.

I'm interested to know the timing of dual core PC timings, esp when it's $1000+ cheaper than dual core Macs.

Is that a 2Ghz Williamette core or northwood? Seems a little underperforming if its a northwood.
Check if thermal throttling was setting in.

My 1.6a northwood @2ghz and 512mb ram did it in 3min 40secs with browsers and IM chat windows open.

I expect AMD x2 and Intel dual-cores to notch even better timings than anything posted so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.