PhotoAid XX: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no...i will be at work all the way till around 11pm tomorrow :confused: and i will be leaving singapore on Friday evening.

Is it possible to collect all laptop, router and 1 camera, so that I can do the necessary setup and dry run myself? I will then brief jopel/uk on the setup and return all the equipment to them

oh no...i will be at work all the way till around 11pm tomorrow :confused: and i will be leaving singapore on Friday evening.

Is it possible to collect all laptop, router and 1 camera, so that I can do the necessary setup and dry run myself? I will then brief jopel/uk on the setup and return all the equipment to them

do you have another router now?

if you have a router now, contact jopel, and if possible yanyewkay also, to come to your place tonight to do the dry run. very rush but please try.

the idea is to clear the dry run by tomorrow evening, so that things can be loaded tomorrow night as well.

we try to leave Friday for most to rest before the start of the event, and tie up small loose ends.

nope, my router is in use...

i have the necessary software with me now, btw, how many laptops are there altogether?

able to check with yanyewkay and jopel whether 3 of you have the equipment to run a test for 1 set tonight?

at the very least if possible, can you do 1 test with jopel tonight? then jopel will lead the dry run in the studio tomorrow evening.

if by 8.30pm 2m nite still can't figure out. I will deliver the equipments to you at 11pm. :bsmilie:

Dry run is important.

examle: Like setting of the tentage need to take precaution, I tried it alone today, it was tough and I broke 3 of the metal bars that held it. Luckily got it change, as I told the ppl at Giant Hypermart that the tent is fragile, but it is actually user problem.

I have a spare router I can bring tomorrow. Hope it works

as I told the ppl at Giant Hypermart that the tent is fragile, but it is actually user problem.

your arms are only good for camera :bsmilie:

dry run no cash involved.

actual execution will be collecting $10 for every photo printed for tourist/visitor to the merlion. All $10 will go to salvation army which will in turn direct the funds to myanmar.

All persons involved are on voluntary basis and NO renumeration will be given. At most pack of lunch or dinner provided.

All equipment are either on loan by kind sponsors, or personal equipment.

Volunteer who come on Saturday morning....if you are lucky I'll buy you teh halia tarik if my regular mama stall got open that morning :lovegrin:

if by 8.30pm 2m nite still can't figure out. I will deliver the equipments to you at 11pm. :bsmilie:

thanks,i just talked to jopel and UK and briefed them what we need to setup the shooting/printing station.

I understand that there are 3 cameras, but 2 shooting stations will be sufficient (1 camera as backup)

2 x Laptop at shooting station
- connect to one camera with USB cable
- installed with capturing software
- connect to router via wireless
- map a drive letter to the shared folder on respective printing station
- capturing software will copy the photo from the camera and push to the printing station via the mapped drive

2 x Laptop at printing station
- installed with printer driver (best if the printers are network printer, so that will reduce the load on the laptop)
- connect to router via cable
- create shared folder on each laptop with different name. eg. "station A" and "station B"
- create another folder to store printed photo

Dry run is important.

examle: Like setting of the tentage need to take precaution, I tried it alone today, it was tough and I broke 3 of the metal bars that held it. Luckily got it change, as I told the ppl at Giant Hypermart that the tent is fragile, but it is actually user problem.

I have a spare router I can bring tomorrow. Hope it works

dry run need not to concentrate on the shooting and printing...it should be the whole process...from the donor arrived the shooting station till he get the prints.

most important is to keep track of the file number and tag it to the donor, otherwise it is very easily to get mixed up. what we did last time is to write the file number on a small piece of paper and give to the donor immediately after shooting. he will then bring the slip of paper to collect his prints

Wai and jopel will try to work out something tonight, and if possible test run the procedure once, and then jopel will be in charge of the dry run tomorrow. dry run tomorrow will need to include the filing system for online photo pooling also.

can we confirm how many vehicles are available for loading tomorrow? yqt has a shoot on friday and his vehicle cannot be used tomorrow. but he'll go around picking up people for saturday :)

Wai and jopel will try to work out something tonight, and if possible test run the procedure once, and then jopel will be in charge of the dry run tomorrow. dry run tomorrow will need to include the filing system for online photo pooling also.

can we confirm how many vehicles are available for loading tomorrow? yqt has a shoot on friday and his vehicle cannot be used tomorrow. but he'll go around picking up people for saturday :)

I'll be there tomorrow to help load some in my car. But I changed car liao...no more SUV hor. Downgrade to normal sedan liao so can't load the big stuffs.

Btw guys....it has been raining in CBD area at mid day these few days....so must think of a contingency...at the very least....must protect the equipments :sweat:

Btw guys....it has been raining in CBD area at mid day these few days....so must think of a contingency...at the very least....must protect the equipments :sweat:

Dun worry about that Master Eikin will do the rain dance in Tokyo, so it'll rain in tokyo and not in sg:bsmilie:

For those who can participate in 15 May's Dry Run and Equipment Loading, please copy the entire post while you update the list.

Those who have vehicles to carry equipment and bring them to Merlion Park on Saturday morning (core group members only) please indicate (vehicle) beside your nick when you add to the list.

- jopel and yyk have confirmed they can reach the studio at 7pm
- dry run will be conducted between 7pm and 8.30pm (latest 9pm)
- people involved in distribution and loading of equipment, please arrive at studio latest 8.30pm
- loading will be from 8.30pm to 9.30pm (latest 10pm)

Venue:
Mactech Industrial Building
2 Kallang Pudding Road, #04-14
Singapore 349307

Participants

Equipment Testing and Dry Running of Procedure 7.00pm to 8.30pm

1. jopel (compulsory) will be there by 7.
2. yanyewkay (compulsory)
3. TupiGuy

Distribution and loading of equipment 8.30pm to 9.30pm

1. jopel
2. yanyewkay
3. TupiGuy
4. HotSpots (vehicle)

Dun worry about that Master Eikin will do the rain dance in Tokyo, so it'll rain in tokyo and not in sg:bsmilie:

Sjourn, you're in charge of the sun dance. Make sure tripod is solid one and not too many rounds if not sun too hot tourist all run to the shade. about 30 degrees C will be nice :)

For those who can participate in 15 May's Dry Run and Equipment Loading, please copy the entire post while you update the list.

Those who have vehicles to carry equipment and bring them to Merlion Park on Saturday morning (core group members only) please indicate (vehicle) beside your nick when you add to the list.

- jopel and yyk have confirmed they can reach the studio at 7pm
- dry run will be conducted between 7pm and 8.30pm (latest 9pm)
- people involved in distribution and loading of equipment, please arrive at studio latest 8.30pm
- loading will be from 8.30pm to 9.30pm (latest 10pm)

Venue:
Mactech Industrial Building
2 Kallang Pudding Road, #04-14
Singapore 349307

Participants

Equipment Testing and Dry Running of Procedure 7.00pm to 8.30pm

1. jopel (compulsory) will be there by 7.
2. yanyewkay (compulsory)
3. TupiGuy
4. yqt

Distribution and loading of equipment 8.30pm to 9.30pm

1. jopel
2. yanyewkay
3. TupiGuy
4. HotSpots (vehicle)
5. yqt

Status
Not open for further replies.