PhotoAid XX: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
members contacted so far

1) ortega
2) yqt
3) sjourn
4) Del_CtrlnoAlt
5) loupisk
6) zhangyb
7) HotSpots
8) Racoon
9) yanyewkay
10) Razor
11) knoxknocks
12) tupiguy
13)jopel

We need sponsors/loaners/volunteers for:

1) Photo Printers/Ink
2) Photo Paper
3) Tent
4) Table/Chairs (last round we borrowed from CC...and Andrew helped to ferry around)
5) Food (who was the guy who sponsored our meals in the last round?)
6) Giant umbrella for shooting station (yqt still have those umbrellas?)
7) Transport to keep/ferry those stuffs for the duration of the exercise

We need sponsors/loaners/volunteers for:

1) Photo Printers/Ink
2) Photo Paper
3) Tent
4) Table/Chairs (last round we borrowed from CC...and Andrew helped to ferry around)
5) Food (who was the guy who sponsored our meals in the last round?)
6) Giant umbrella for shooting station (yqt still have those umbrellas?)
7) Transport to keep/ferry those stuffs for the duration of the exercise

if you guys still wanna borrow from CC, i dun mind go collect again...

Food i think we bought from Sulhan...

Tent is yqt bought from malaysia rite...

Just smsed Mrs Bear and Funny. They will check with respective spouses and revert.

i will update as soon as i get the info or in principal agreement

i am trying to make this as easy for us as possible, so maybe instead of a Washington apple umbrella we get a nikon tent
i believe that we should understand that sponsors will need some exposure, of course not the kind that you get at an sales event.
but just logos and acknowledgement, just the same as what we did the last time for our respective sponsors.

i hope that i can have your backing on this.

i am trying to make this as easy for us as possible, so maybe instead of a Washington apple umbrella we get a nikon tent
i believe that we should understand that sponsors will need some exposure, of course not the kind that you get at an sales event.
but just logos and acknowledgement, just the same as what we did the last time for our respective sponsors.

You have my backing. As long as it is kept to the minimal which everyone agrees here.

btw, morning..:cool:

Hmmm...interesting to see sponsored Canon printers in a Nikon tent... and photos shot with an Olympus camera and printed on Fuji paper. :bsmilie:

Hmmm...interesting to see sponsored Canon printers in a Nikon tent... and photos shot with an Olympus camera and printed on Fuji paper. :bsmilie:

That's like

"Love ~ sans Borders"

Fanboys need not apply.

Exposure for sponsor is a norm but we have to bear in mind that this is, at the end of the day, a charity event org by PhotoAid under the umberlla of Salvation Army. Logos on the posters, banners and mentions on websites are what we can do. But having a Nikon/Conan/Epson/ etc tentage with a Big logo/Name or other smaller logos all over the place will be like a PR or marketing event for the brand itself. Remember, impression is very important, the general impression which we give the public should be a fund raising event by Salvation Army ( they are more known to the public than PhotoAid or even CS ), this will be easier for us to ask the public to donate to a charity org and give us more punch to carry out our work.

As what Ortega have mentioned, if it's the same as the last time round, it should not be a problem.

Most likely not going to happen and I don't want to deal with the conflict of interest between the brands either :sweat:

And u see the CEOs of each company stand infront of the Merlion for a pic... priceless... :devil:

This will indeed be priceless and in the true sprite of charity. If can get Canon, Nikon, Fuji, HP and Epson's CEOs to be in the picture and get then to each donate $2K, Target can be reached and Open Mob for PhotoAid can close liow :sweatsm: :devil:

Actually, come to think of it, so long as we put all their names/logos equally on the banners/posters and still keep it a netural event, why not? that's what we did the last time round, right?
Epson printer with refillable ink from Ink Station
Shooting with Canon camera
Printed on another sponser's paper
Free rental and 50% off the electrical charges from Fullerton Hotel
Lunch at cost price from Sulhan
Cooperate sponsor of $3000+ from S_____ and friends
etc.....
:think:

Great idea!
Love to help, but Funny & I cant commit at the moment, gotta find a way to settle Summer. Pls keep us in the loop.

Good news! STB has verbally approved our application to use the Merlion Park. I just need to get the paperwork done.

Yep. Washington Apple Umbrella and Ikea shower curtain too!

Actually, come to think of it, so long as we put all their names/logos equally on the banners/posters and still keep it a netural event, why not? that's what we did the last time round, right?
Epson printer with refillable ink from Ink Station
Shooting with Canon camera
Printed on another sponser's paper
Free rental and 50% off the electrical charges from Fullerton Hotel
Lunch at cost price from Sulhan
Cooperate sponsor of $3000+ from S_____ and friends
etc.....
:think:

:think:hmmm...do u think we will get to see MJ this time round??

Status
Not open for further replies.